I'm Gitty for this Game; Where We're At

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I haven't been this excited for the Rams all year. In fact, I was more excited to see Sam in Preseason than I was our first three games. I think that says it all, but I wanna elaborate.

-#1 Reason, Austin Davis

We finally got our QB! Yes, that is a premature statement, but I am a "Count your Chickens" kind of guy. He's made huge strides with added reps with the first team offense and he's just had two more weeks to soak in the feel of the game. If sees Carter covering Stacy and puts the ball 10 inches shorter on Quick, I say he's 2-0 as a starter. He will continue to get better and I can't wait. (Just compare what Breese and Davis did to the Cowboys. Those stats make more sense if you flip them.)

-Defense Figuring it Out

I don't think it's a matter of if, but when our defense "grows up." Last year the D started off slow and finished very strong against the run. Ironically, it began after the Cowboys game. I beleive a combo of discipline, bad penalties, young players, and a new scheme have stormed into our production. We're better than we've played and I can't wait for us to tighten the clamps on teams

-Our Weapons!!!

We have legit weapons and they know their roles!!! When was the last time we could say that?
*Quick is playing like a #1 receiver, I love it.
*Britt is starting to get into the action. He made some huge plays last week. If only he could have dove up field on the the third and short.
*Cook does it all. He has one drop, it was a big one, but I do beleive it will add some fire to his play going forward.
*Pettis has a huge role on this team. He is our clutch receiver and comes up huge in big moments. There is no doubt in my mind we need to extend his contract when that time comes. He is our #3 reciever, but Tavon needs reps between the 20's.

- Stacy is 100% Stud

He's shifty, he's powerful, and this is nowhere close to being a RB by committee. Stacy is hands down our best back, and Trey Watts looked like our best "change of pace" back against Dallas.

OL-

Despite a terrible outing against the Vikes, OL has been playing well. Davis and Stacy are getting what they need to succeed. I'm happy, here, I just hope the few nags I've heard against Joseph are not true.

---------------------

- My simple take facing the Iggles

Limit explosive plays. Bend but don't break rings true this week. Don't send more than 6 guys after Foles. Their OL is suspect, that should be plenty. I expect our offense to dominate, once again.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I haven't been this excited for the Rams all year. In fact, I was more excited to see Sam in Preseason than I was our first three games. I think that says it all, but I wanna elaborate.

-#1 Reason, Austin Davis

We finally got our QB! Yes, that is a premature statement, but I am a "Count your Chickens" kind of guy. He's made huge strides with added reps with the first team offense and he's just had two more weeks to soak in the feel of the game. If sees Carter covering Stacy and puts the ball 10 inches shorter on Quick, I say he's 2-0 as a starter. He will continue to get better and I can't wait. (Just compare what Breese and Davis did to the Cowboys. Those stats make more sense if you flip them.)

-Defense Figuring it Out

I don't think it's a matter of if, but when our defense "grows up." Last year the D started off slow and finished very strong against the run. Ironically, it began after the Cowboys game. I beleive a combo of discipline, bad penalties, young players, and a new scheme have stormed into our production. We're better than we've played and I can't wait for us to tighten the clamps on teams

-Our Weapons!!!

We have legit weapons and they know their roles!!! When was the last time we could say that?
*Britt is starting to get into the action. He made some huge plays last week. If only he could have dove up field on the the third and short.
*Cook does it all. He has one drop, it was a big one, but I do beleive it will add some fire to his play going forward.
*Pettis has a huge role on this team. He is our clutch receiver and comes up huge in big moments. There is no doubt in my mind we need to extend his contract when that time comes. He is our #3 reciever, but Tavon needs reps between the 20's.

- Stacy is 100% Stud

He's shifty, he's powerful, and this is nowhere close to being a RB by committee. Stacy is hands down our best back, and Trey Watts looked like our best "change of pace" back against Dallas.

OL-

Despite a terrible outing against the Vikes, OL has been playing well. Davis and Stacy are getting what they need to succeed. I'm happy, here, I just hope the few nags I've heard against Joseph are not true.

---------------------

Limit explosive plays. Bend but don't break rings true this week. Don't send more than 6 guys after Foles. Their OL is suspect, that should be plenty. I expect our offense to dominate, once again.

While you and I know Stacy should be the main back, Schotty doesn't. Schotty wasn't impressed enough with his 5.6 YPC to hand him the ball more than 12 times. :(

But, yeah, I'm pumped this week too. All the pieces are in place. I see a win this week and next and then ANY given week if the D comes on.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While you and I know Stacy should be the main back, Schotty doesn't. Schotty wasn't impressed enough with his 5.6 YPC to hand him the ball more than 12 times. :(

But, yeah, I'm pumped this week too. All the pieces are in place.

That's pretty shocking. He still had another good fantasy day.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's pretty shocking. He still had another good fantasy day.

It's a head scratcher. So was not taking the FG. I don't get it. 21 points up, take the FG, and run the ball the rest of the game. Run the clock down and reduce the risk of INTs. Let's hope they make better decisions this week.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a head scratcher. So was not taking the FG. I don't get it. 21 points up, take the FG, and run the ball the rest of the game. Run the clock down and reduce the risk of INTs. Let's hope they make better decisions this week.

I'm not sure it was 21-0 when we went for it.

My general rule is if a FG doesn't give you an added possession lead, it's past the 50, and it's 4th and short, I'm always good with going for it. It's aggressive football and I like it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not sure it was 21-0 when we went for it.

My general rule is if a FG doesn't give you an added possession lead, it's past the 50, and it's 4th and short, I'm always good with going for it. It's aggressive football and I like it.

21-7 then? I was in the stands shaking my head when the O stayed on the field. I'm all for being aggressive too when you're losing which is when it seems Schotty and Fisher go into conservative mode. Rams up by 3 scores in the first half? I'm taking that all day long.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man

-#1 Reason, Austin Davis

-Defense Figuring it Out

-Our Weapons!!!

- Stacy is 100% Stud

OL-

---------------------

Love the post.
I am going to the game and feel the same way you do!
Haven't been able to sleep well and I am not even playing!

Rams0307

I would love a win at Philly. I have my doubts, BUT if there is one thing the Jeff Fisher Rams have proven these last 3 years, when it seems like we have no hope coming into a game, we play our best. Philly is heavily favored, so I would not be surprised to see the defensive line have a good game tomorrow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF we go up by 21 or 28 points at the half, I don't want Fisher/Schotty going all conservative on us!! I want them to 'Run-Up' the score until the clock goes to ZERO!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know what to expect. Part of me thinks the D could suddenly wake up and put on a show - particularly the pass rush. I also feel the Rams could surprise on the road in a game nobody gives much chance.

Do we matchup well against Philly? Maybe. They haven't been successful running the ball, so that helps the D.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know what to expect. Part of me thinks the D could suddenly wake up and put on a show - particularly the pass rush. I also feel the Rams could surprise on the road in a game nobody gives much chance.

Do we matchup well against Philly? Maybe. They haven't been successful running the ball, so that helps the D.
If it's any comfort to you. I Just read, some-were, That Teddy Bruschi think's our D will beat the shit out of the Eagles, because their O-Line is so Bad!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

yeah I've been thinking about that and in retrospect a four score lead essentially closes the dealbut I don't think that's on the offensive coordinator I don't think they make that call I think that usually goes to the head coach

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If it's any comfort to you. I Just read, some-were, That Teddy Bruschi think's our D will beat the crap out of the Eagles, because their O-Line is so Bad!!!

It's a game of matchups. Let's hope he's right. Could be a fun game.