I'm getting tired of the complaining

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
about the bad calls for taunting.
The players know the rule. The call against the Eagles was exactly the right call. The media, the coaches, the players, need to stop making excuses for the bone heads who can't follow a simple rule. They all should have called out the LB who pulled the bone head move and taunted. I don't care if it was the last play of the game and 15 yards put a team inside field goal range and they win the game cause of it. Make a good play, turn around and celebrate with your teammates and go back to the huddle and get ready for the next play. Taunting is totally unnecessary part of the game.

Stop Crying about a bad rule. It isn't like it's the Tuck Rule.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It’s a dumb rule that, unlike the tuck rule, has nothing to do with actual play.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Refs have to use good judgement. A little banter back and forth should not be a problem. Getting in the opponent's face to taunt should be called. A defender makes a good play on 3rd down and says something like "Uh uh, not in my house!" That isn't taunting in my opinion as long a he isn't getting in the other player's face with it. If he says "Ha! you suck MF'er!" That should be a flag. Receivers always signal first down when they make a catch that moves the chains. Defenders should be able to at least wave a finger with the "Uh uh" gesture when the make a play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Refs need to have control. That's the main thing. Once you let that shit start we'll have scrums starting up after every few plays and players being thrown out left and right. So yeah taunting has to be snuffed out when they see it.

And I'll add that sportsmanship is important. At least it is to me. Not gonna waste my time watching a product that can't retain those basic elements.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Refs have to use good judgement. A little banter back and forth should not be a problem. Getting in the opponent's face to taunt should be called. A defender makes a good play on 3rd down and says something like "Uh uh, not in my house!" That isn't taunting in my opinion as long a he isn't getting in the other player's face with it. If he says "Ha! you suck MF'er!" That should be a flag. Receivers always signal first down when they make a catch that moves the chains. Defenders should be able to at least wave a finger with the "Uh uh" gesture when the make a play.
This is the problem with the rule. It's subjective, not objective! So maybe someone does say "Not in my house!" but the ref doesn't hear it, he sees the interaction and makes the assumption.

I hear what you are saying @snackdaddy and agree. However, the OP makes a very valid point! Since we have seen that the refs are not enforcing the rule across the board (receiver making first down signal) the players should hold off on any actions.

The No Fun League in full effect!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Refs need to have control. That's the main thing. Once you let that shit start we'll have scrums starting up after every few plays and players being thrown out left and right. So yeah taunting has to be snuffed out when they see it.

And I'll add that sportsmanship is important. At least it is to me. Not gonna waste my time watching a product that can't retain those basic elements.
Sportsmanship is important.
So is emotion.

A better tool wouldn’t have nearly the impact on outcomes and would allow for the human element.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
It’s a competitive full contact sport. Players get emotional when making plays. They work their ass off to showcase their skill. It’s a gladiator type sport. The rule is dumb af.

oldnotdead

Legend
So let's see...all these TD celebrations aren't taunting?

IMO unless the ref actually hear's the verbal taunt it shouldn't be called and it must be inflammatory in nature or an overt act. Basically, the refs can call most things taunting. All those sack and INT celebrations. It's a foul that can be extremely impactful in the game so it should be used with extreme caution.

Just giving the refs a loaded gun with no oversight or specific guidance doesn't seem right.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The eagles player was in his face.
This is the problem with the rule. It's subjective, not objective! So maybe someone does say "Not in my house!" but the ref doesn't hear it, he sees the interaction and makes the assumption.

I hear what you are saying @snackdaddy and agree. However, the OP makes a very valid point! Since we have seen that the refs are not enforcing the rule across the board (receiver making first down signal) the players should hold off on any actions.

The No Fun League in full effect!
They alow a full team to go all the way to the end zone and preen. Not no fun league. They know the rule and know how easy it can be called. They should know better. It is a small ask.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yup and that's what it was. Eagles guy head butted Leonard Fournette. You can see his helmet bounce off too. Ref is right in front of it too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqv99cJU8z4

Big Game

Living The Dream
Its a bad rule that is not always punished the same way. Yes could you have not called the taunting call on the Eagles player. In fact i've seen some guys after a play stand over guys and its not called so to me thats the main reason why so many people are frustrated by the rule because its not always inforced the same.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
its a shitty rule because its a judgement call - it needs to be simplified.
They pretty much have. They said anything that is done towards the opponent can be seen as taunting. So the players who give the 1st down sign usually are doing it to air. If they spike a ball in the endzone at a defenders feet it has been called penalty.
To some it may look like a stupid rule. To subjective, but the players know that. So show some smarts. Do your shit with your back to the opponent. Just turn away. It is a simple rule. The excuse of, in the heat of battle is bull shit. they have been playing this game from childhood. They have been told since then not to do those things. To control their emotions. Now that they get paid and they are grown ups and should know better we say oh it isn't fair. The no fun league. the rule is to subjective. Now more than ever they should be able to be grown ups and control their emotions enough to not get a penalty that can ruin their teams game. It is on the players. Stop making excuses for bone heads. Show some respect.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Its a bad rule that is not always punished the same way. Yes could you have not called the taunting call on the Eagles player. In fact i've seen some guys after a play stand over guys and its not called so to me thats the main reason why so many people are frustrated by the rule because its not always inforced the same.
Just don't do it. Plus almost all the penalties are subjective or AD would have killed all the QBs he has faced.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Sportsmanship is important.
So is emotion.

A better tool wouldn’t have nearly the impact on outcomes and would allow for the human element.
The human element? I act bad and all I have to do is excuse myself cause I am only acting human. FUCK. The whole point of rules is to control the human element. Without rules we have chaos. The human element needs to be controlled.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Anytime a judgement rule is left up to the refs leaves room for interpretation. Which always make more room for bad calls. I like the actual rule of getting these guys to have better sportsmanship but where do you draw the line?
Example, Ramsey after the interception at the colts game. Going around the stadium waving bye to the fans. I mean he did that for more than a couple of minutes and the refs didn't call anything. Then you have a guy in the eagles game make a solid play out of bounds and he stands over the guy for a couple of seconds and it get called. Even the announcers said it was a weak foul.
That call changed the course of the game big time. Momentum swung the eagles way and that call negated any chance of the eagles comeback.

I don't like it, however the players know the rule. Make the play go celebrate with your own teammates for a couple of seconds and move on.
It's just a matter of time before that same call happens to the Rams, watch and see how many people bitch about the rule if it changes the outcome of one of our games.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
First off under the rules, Ramsey was not in anyone's face. No penalty. I agree it's shitty, but it isn't going to cause an altercation between players. That is the point of the rule. Second. The eagles player did more than stand over him although it is enough. He bumped helmets.
Again, knowing you can ruin your teams game should be enough to make sure you never look like your taunting. It's simple. A no brainer. The player was stupid and shouldn't be defended for his stupidity.