I’m getting more upset by this the more I think about it…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Unfortunate as it is, the reality facing the Rams is what to do about it. The injury the timing of the injury and factoring in it's severity the Rams and Higbee have decisions to make. Tyler's extension basically runs through the 2025 season. Given Higbee's age does he even want to rehab that hard for at best one and a half seasons? He's going to be 31 this year. He's got a cap hit of $12.1M in 2024 with $11.8M dead cap this coming year.

It wouldn't surprise me if he medically retired or if the Rams reached an injury settlement with him. Davis Allen looked like he's ready to assume the starting role. Long is a work in progress. Tyler has his ring and nothing left to prove. He will get his guaranteed money regardless.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Unfortunate as it is, the reality facing the Rams is what to do about it. The injury the timing of the injury and factoring in it's severity the Rams and Higbee have decisions to make. Tyler's extension basically runs through the 2025 season. Given Higbee's age does he even want to rehab that hard for at best one and a half seasons? He's going to be 31 this year. He's got a cap hit of $12.1M in 2024 with $11.8M dead cap this coming year.

It wouldn't surprise me if he medically retired or if the Rams reached an injury settlement with him. Davis Allen looked like he's ready to assume the starting role. Long is a work in progress. Tyler has his ring and nothing left to prove. He will get his guaranteed money regardless.
McVay talking like they definitely want Higbee back. And don't discount how these procedures keep getting better every year... recovery time keeps shrinking.

I'd guess that Higbee will be back by October.

Tano

Legend
McVay talking like they definitely want Higbee back. And don't discount how these procedures keep getting better every year... recovery time keeps shrinking.

I'd guess that Higbee will be back by October.

It depends on the severity - OBJ wasn't able to come back at all the following year.

dang

Legend
It depends on the severity - OBJ wasn't able to come back at all the following year.
I wish Higbee a quick and successful recovery. But even before his “cheap shot” injury it was apparent the Rams needed a succession plan. Long is all but out of the mix. Rams don’t seem high on Hopkins. I think Allen could be a Higbee replacement but I wouldn’t mind a real weapon at TE being added this to the mix. Sounds like Rams had strong interest in LaPorta last year so perhaps it high on their list for the right guy.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wish Higbee a quick and successful recovery. But even before his “cheap shot” injury it was apparent the Rams needed a succession plan. Long is all but out of the mix. Rams don’t seem high on Hopkins. I think Allen could be a Higbee replacement but I wouldn’t mind a real weapon at TE being added this to the mix. Sounds like Rams had strong interest in LaPorta last year so perhaps it high on their list for the right guy.
Theo Johnson from Penn St or the kid from TCU... late 3rd or early 4th if they get 4th rd pick. Both big and can move & block.