I’m excited because the Eagles run zone read!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Still gonna come down to pressure on Wentz. Rams front did a really nice job last game with quick pressure, where on some plays they were in Gabbert's grill barely a second after the snap. I think that is the key in this game, just disruption of Wentz's timing as he is, like Goff, a young QB.

Ebu is an interesting factor here too I think. What he brings off the edge is more athleticism than Barwin, so on the contain and chasing down Wentz he might help out a bit. Either way this is a really big game for our edge duo, so I hope Quinn is ready to have a statement game there on the big stage.
I haven't checked his stats out, for the last two games, but Quinn does seem to have been coming-on the last couple of games! It would be nice to see him get a "Hat-Trick" again!!(y);):D

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But by god, Fisher would have had an answer for the Eagles

KDS73

Rookie
lol. This whole thread is pointless since they aren't primarily a zone-read team anymore. Well, they do run a little of it, but like I said before, that's just a small part of the plays they run. I'm not sure the op realizes the Eagles moved on from Chip Kelly. :LOL:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah we're 0-2 vs mobile QBs but keep in mind both just so happen to be attached to the best defenses we have faced.

Looking at the Rams objectively the matchup that gives them fits is a top defense. Vikes shut us down. Seahags kept our offense down and did just enough to win. The offense also struggled vs Jax and we were helped greatly by special teams. It's more about that than trying to draw a parallel with a running QB IMO.

Lastly, this is another reason this matchup with Philly is so important to the Rams. They really need to show they can step it up offensively vs that playoff type defense. They've seen a few now, so it's time for them to get 'er done with big production.
Good point and point taken. (y)

Ertz should be out, you typically have to sit a week after a concussion minimum. Because back to back concussions in a short time span will injure the brain further as it is still recovering. Think about how long it takes for a bruise to heal.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I'm sure wade has something planned. Barron and Tree are 2 of the fastest backers in the leauge, 1 of them will be spying on wentz all game.
We will be ok as long as they don't continue to run on us , it's weird we have given up alot of big runs but Teams seam to go away from the run in the second half . They have 2 big runners that can take a toll on a defense .

Redskins beat us becaus they continued to run, just something to keep an eye on .

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I was thinking all though I believe Wade does a decent job on that as well as long as people maintain gaps.

It's funny though, I was just thinking that this would totally be the game Jeff Fisher would win by a landslide every year to save his job. We would have opened with a shutout loss to Indy, lost to the Texans, and probably lost to the Whiners and Saints. But by god, Fisher would have had an answer for the Eagles to be sitting at a pretty 5-8 with a mathematical chance at the playoffs if god himself destroyed 4 or 5 cities before the playoffs.
Leave Jeff Fisher alone!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

:LOL:

Tano

Legend
Ertz should be out, you typically have to sit a week after a concussion minimum. Because back to back concussions in a short time span will injure the brain further as it is still recovering. Think about how long it takes for a bruise to heal.
Webster came back within a week of the concussion protocol.

Ram65

Legend
Ertz isn't playing I believe, Still listed on injury report. Has to pass the concussion protocol.

Webster came back within a week of the concussion protocol.

It's certainly not automatic that Wertz is out. I wish it were. Pederson said today that he hasn't been cleared to practice so that's good. Look to see if he practices on Thursday with the red beanie no contact. Ertz is having a great year.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/12/will_eagles_zach_ertz_play_vs_los_angeles_rams.html

By Eliot Shorr-Parks

eshorrpa@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- The Eagles will start practicing on Wednesday for their game this Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams, but when they take the practice field at Anaheim Stadium, they will be without tight end Zach Ertz.

Speaking at the team's hotel in Costa Mesa, Calif., head coach Doug Pederson said that tight end Zach Ertz is still in concussion protocol. Ertz suffered the concussion in the team's 24-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks last Sunday.

A positive sign, however, is that Ertz is taking part in meetings, meaning he is starting to advance in the concussion protocol.

California wildfires force Rams to move practice

The Eagles are not the only team dealing with a change in their practice routine this week.

If the Eagles are without Ertz, they will likely turn to top backup Trey Burton. Burton has 15 catches for 153 yards and two touchdowns this season.

Burton started one game this season, the team's win over the Denver Broncos, a game Ertz missed with a hamstring injury. Burton finished with two catches for 41 yards and a touchdown in the win.

Ertz has been a major part of the team's offense this season, pulling in 57 catches for 663 yards and seven touchdowns, making this the best season of his career so far.

Sunday's game is a huge one for the Eagles, as with a win, they would remain the No. 2 seed in the NFC -- and potentially regain the top seed if the Minnesota Vikings lose.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always been of the opinion that you should declete the QB running the read option fake. It's legal, and it'll teach the opposition not to run it again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've always been of the opinion that you should declete the QB running the read option fake. It's legal, and it'll teach the opposition not to run it again.
Yep. Commit to the QB whether he gets rid of the ball or not and knock the snot out of him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm sure wade has something planned. Barron and Tree are 2 of the fastest backers in the leauge, 1 of them will be spying on wentz all game.
We will be ok as long as they don't continue to run on us , it's weird we have given up alot of big runs but Teams seam to go away from the run in the second half . They have 2 big runners that can take a toll on a defense .

Redskins beat us becaus they continued to run, just something to keep an eye on .

Tree typically takes on the RBs, and Baron matchs up w/ TEs

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

It will be criminal and truly undermine the integrity of the game if he plays.

Either CTE is a concern or it isn’t.

Players must stop treating brain injuries the same as skeletomuscular injuries.

Here is where the union is really letting players down.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Still gonna come down to pressure on Wentz. Rams front did a really nice job last game with quick pressure, where on some plays they were in Gabbert's grill barely a second after the snap. I think that is the key in this game, just disruption of Wentz's timing as he is, like Goff, a young QB.

Ebu is an interesting factor here too I think. What he brings off the edge is more athleticism than Barwin, so on the contain and chasing down Wentz he might help out a bit. Either way this is a really big game for our edge duo, so I hope Quinn is ready to have a statement game there on the big stage.

There were some guys pretty wide open against the cards fortunately Blaine Gabbert is the qb, but Wentz got a little rattled too against the hags, missing 2 guys who may have scored. On the flip side that little flip to TG for the td wasn’t as simple as it looked especially considering Goff got picked in a similar situation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They aught to call us the LA Rodney Dangerfields....

And you know our team doctah... yeah... Doctah Vinnie Boombahts...

I says, "Doctah, I'm havin' a hard time scoring."

He says, "Put your wife in. Game'll be over by halftime!"

oooh, my wife is something else...

I says, "I'm tryin' to coach this team and I got 53 guys with tight groins."

She rolls up her sleeves and says, "a woman's work is never done."

I tell ya, no respect. We don't get no respect at all...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There were some guys pretty wide open against the cards fortunately Blaine Gabbert is the qb, but Wentz got a little rattled too against the hags, missing 2 guys who may have scored. On the flip side that little flip to TG for the td wasn’t as simple as it looked especially considering Goff got picked in a similar situation.

What's funny is there are missed guys open in every game, and always have been tbh, it's just that more and more fans and media types rolling the All22 feeds on twitter and whatnot expose all those non-obvious ones more than it used to. And that new tech they have with the QB view is really going to stir things up once it gets mainstream; I doubt it's long before you can watch the entire game through the QB view if you're so inclined. Also I imagine QBs are gonna be even more nuked post-game by fan bases once that stuff happens.

Last edited: