I’m excited because the Eagles run zone read!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Fisher taught the Rams D to stop Karpernick and Wilson on Zone Read.

Not having watched the Eagles, I was surprised to see how much zone read their offense ran.

Lots of RPO too.

Rams have been there and done THAT!

Cake!

KDS73

Rookie
Best way to describe their offense is a hybrid WCO with some RPO and stuff from other various offenses (like zone-read) sprinkled in. Even some plays from North Dakota State that Wentz wanted to incorporate into the playbook.

Last edited:

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Psycho_X

Legend
Fisher isn't coach anymore, how does the Wade defense handle it?

What I was thinking all though I believe Wade does a decent job on that as well as long as people maintain gaps.

It's funny though, I was just thinking that this would totally be the game Jeff Fisher would win by a landslide every year to save his job. We would have opened with a shutout loss to Indy, lost to the Texans, and probably lost to the Whiners and Saints. But by god, Fisher would have had an answer for the Eagles to be sitting at a pretty 5-8 with a mathematical chance at the playoffs if god himself destroyed 4 or 5 cities before the playoffs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still gonna come down to pressure on Wentz. Rams front did a really nice job last game with quick pressure, where on some plays they were in Gabbert's grill barely a second after the snap. I think that is the key in this game, just disruption of Wentz's timing as he is, like Goff, a young QB.

Ebu is an interesting factor here too I think. What he brings off the edge is more athleticism than Barwin, so on the contain and chasing down Wentz he might help out a bit. Either way this is a really big game for our edge duo, so I hope Quinn is ready to have a statement game there on the big stage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's going to be bad for me if the Rams lose this game.

Virtually no talking heads think the Rams will be in the NFC Conference game. It's two of the Eagles, Vikings, and Seahawks according to almost all of them. I keep hearing that the Rams are young, but what about the Iggles? The Hawks ARE NOT better than the Rams, and the Eagles are not either. The Vikings are scary, but I think we can beat them too.

They aught to call us the LA Rodney Dangerfields....

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
2 out of 3 of our losses were to mobile qbs. Doesn't matter what Fish instilled, bc his scheme is no longer relevant. Stopping mobile qbs is one of our weaknesses atm, but i think we will be prepared on Sunday.

Ram65

Legend
Eagle Eye: What Happened In The Loss; Previewing LA

Fran Duffy and Greg Cosell share their thoughts after watching the film of the team's loss to Seattle on the road before going deep into their preview of this week's matchup against the talented LA Rams

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...ewing-LA/708d14d1-75fb-4275-8af3-2a90e3c50a02

Barron on Ertz. I think he gets some help. Ertz is a handful and Wentz' security blanket even though he is around 13-16 yards down field. Got to stop him. Pointed out Eagles had a lot of opportunities missed against the Hags.

Ram65

Legend
Still gonna come down to pressure on Wentz. Rams front did a really nice job last game with quick pressure, where on some plays they were in Gabbert's grill barely a second after the snap. I think that is the key in this game, just disruption of Wentz's timing as he is, like Goff, a young QB.

Ebu is an interesting factor here too I think. What he brings off the edge is more athleticism than Barwin, so on the contain and chasing down Wentz he might help out a bit. Either way this is a really big game for our edge duo, so I hope Quinn is ready to have a statement game there on the big stage.

I agree. To help with the pass rush they need to confuse Wentz with mixing coverages. He can hold the ball too long and get into trouble. Ebu has the speed as long as he stays disciplined he will help. Quinn get Big V replacing Peters at LT has to do something.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
2 out of 3 of our losses were to mobile qbs. Doesn't matter what Fish instilled, bc his scheme is no longer relevant. Stopping mobile qbs is one of our weaknesses atm, but i think we will be prepared on Sunday.
Wilson and? Who? Keenum?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

The rams shut Wilson down. He wasn’t the reason we lost that game. He didn’t even have over 200 yds passing.

Vikes had 7 pts going into the 4th qtr but our backup corners couldn’t handle Thielen. Remember NRC and Kayvon both went down that game. Hill was hurt too and inactive.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Ill give you that, but he still made a td while Goff had 0. So we didnt shut him down completely. The fact of the matter is we are still 0-2 against mobile qbs.

Edit: Just saw you added more about Keenum. I may be wrong but i dont think we sacked Keenum at all that game. He still made crazy lucky throws bc we were unable to get to him.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Ill give you that, but he still made a td while Goff had 0. So we didnt shut him down completely. The fact of the matter is we are still 0-2 against mobile qbs.

We are also 1-1 against teams with shades of green on their uniform.

We dominated Wilson that game. Our offense and special teams gave the Seahawks five extra opportunities. Saying we're "0-2 against mobile QB's" suggests Wilson was the difference in our game against the Seahawks, when really, he was as relevant as their uniform color.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

I wasn’t comparing him to Goff just saying that we did indeed shut Wilson down. The Seahawks causing 5 turnovers is what won that game. Even with those 5 extra possessions the Seahawks didn’t have over 250 total yards.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I wasn’t comparing him to Goff just saying that we did indeed shut Wilson down. The Seahawks causing 5 turnovers is what won that game. Even with those 5 extra possessions the Seahawks didn’t have over 250 total yards.
Touche.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah we're 0-2 vs mobile QBs but keep in mind both just so happen to be attached to the best defenses we have faced.

Looking at the Rams objectively the matchup that gives them fits is a top defense. Vikes shut us down. Seahags kept our offense down and did just enough to win. The offense also struggled vs Jax and we were helped greatly by special teams. It's more about that than trying to draw a parallel with a running QB IMO.

Lastly, this is another reason this matchup with Philly is so important to the Rams. They really need to show they can step it up offensively vs that playoff type defense. They've seen a few now, so it's time for them to get 'er done with big production.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Barron on Ertz. I think he gets some help. Ertz is a handful and Wentz' security blanket even though he is around 13-16 yards down field. Got to stop him. Pointed out Eagles had a lot of opportunities missed against the Hags.
Ertz isn't playing I believe, Still listed on injury report. Has to pass the concussion protocol.