I'm Done With Tyson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well, I'd really like to see if Tyson has a response to this. The company in the video isn't Tyson themselves, just a supplier of pork to Tyson.

I'd like to know if they still deal with this company and if they are doing research into more of their suppliers.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The video states the farm is a supplier to Tyson Foods, but the Huffington Post received a response from the company denying this claim (but then clarified one of its subsidiaries has purchased pigs from the farm):

Tyson Foods spokesman Worth Sparkman emailed a statement to HuffPost, saying the company was “appalled” by the video and denying any connection between the Wyoming farm and the pork processed by Tyson. “Tyson Foods does not buy any of the hogs raised on this farm for our pork processing plants. We do have a small, but separate hog buying business that buys aged sows; however, these animals are subsequently sold to other companies and are not used in Tyson’s pork processing business,” the statement said.

Sparkman clarified in a follow-up email: “A company that we own has purchased hogs from the farm. We will not purchase from this farm until we’ve had a chance to investigate.”

Just for good measure.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I'd really like to see if Tyson has a response to this. The company in the video isn't Tyson themselves, just a supplier of pork to Tyson.

I'd like to know if they still deal with this company and if they are doing research into more of their suppliers.
I googled it yesterday, Tyson has cut ties with this farm. I call bull shit. You don't get to be this big, known for the quality they are, and NOT KNOW where it's coming from. They wouldn't just leave it up to farmers.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
For the record this is not why I'm a vegetarian.

This happens everywhere...you think it's bad here imagine what it's like in other countries that mass produce to meet the demand. Or do other countries even mass produce?

There needs to be enforcement...but how can that even be feasible to enforce or even prove?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
we only buy meat and dairy from farms and farmers we have spoken with and or visited.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't know how I was able to finish watching that. It was difficult to watch. The people in the video who brought cruelty to those pigs should be reprimanded immediately.

This still won't make me a vegetarian, but I won't be able to eat meat products from pigs or cows for awhile. Didn't meat for about a month after reading "The Jungle".

had

Rookie
This sh*t is heartbreaking in its own way. Damn.

That pig on the cover freeze of the video -- looks like it's talking, doesn't it? Sh*t. Penned up. Afraid. Led to a painful death.

So that some fat f*cker somewhere can get a $1 pork sandwich.

I've seen these videos before. Have had people tell me about 'cowschwitz'. I have done nothing about it except stop buying fast food, and sometimes, not always, buying meat at Whole Foods.

El Juggernauto, the times could be changing. Maybe local farms are the way of the future. Get out there and make a difference with your anger. Get that sh*t going.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I made it up to the part where the A-hole was jumping on the poor animals broken leg.

Made my heart sink to hear the animal cry out in agony like that.

Silence of the Pigs,Clarice?

Ya wanna hear some noise ,be there when they castrate the young pigs,oh my.

I've seen a LOT of the things we do to produce food and very little of it is anything you'd want to contemplate before eating patte de fogua sp? or veal? but these guys seemed to get some gratification from it all. And Yeah Stu, my trailer has a side door ,with a mural of Elvis over it:cheese:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The staff must be freshly out of prison or soon to be going .....There is absolutely no reason to treat any animals like that.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
I really have a deep deep rage in my heart for people who abuse animals. I would LOVE to beat these guys senseless for weeks on end. And I'm not a violent person, however this makes me truly want to chain them behind my car and hit the highway