I'm Diggin' Mariota...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
You know they just drafted a QB 3rd overall right? Blake Bortles..

*dammit Jerry, beat me to it. I bite my thumb at thee!!!

I missed read the post -- thought it was listing teams that would potentially have a top pick, and I ignored the qb part. It's late on the east coast and I'm just skimming shit haha.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
He's going to go higher than the third, for sure. Probably mid to late first.
2nd round and that's my final offer... Gunner Kiel is interesting but he is more of a 2016 kind of prospect

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I missed read the post -- thought it was listing teams that would potentially have a top pick, and I ignored the qb part. It's late on the east coast and I'm just skimming crap haha.
Lol its all good. Seemed odd you wouldn't know they drafted Bortles. Glad to know you just weren't paying much attention lol. Had me worried..:eek:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bryce Petty in the 3rd? Anyone?
I'd have no problem with Petty in the 3rd. Needs some mechanics work with his legs and work in a pro style offense but he does have the tools. His back injury is a concern though. Still like him. Has really good ball placement.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I'd have no problem with Petty in the 3rd. Needs some mechanics work with his legs and work in a pro style offense but he does have the tools. His back injury is a concern though. Still like him. Has really good ball placement.
If the back checks out, I think he would look good in horns - he has good touch and a skill set that can be coached up.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
2nd round and that's my favourite offer... Gunner Kiel is interesting but he is more of a 2016 kind of prospect

that is possible, but if has a good year he could easily enter the draft IMO. Looking at his history he first agreed to play for Indiana then flopped to lsu, then to ND, than transfered to Cincinnati. So it seems if he has a good year and gets a good draft grade he'd make the jump. Just based off his recent history.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If the back checks out, I think he would look good in horns - he has good touch and a skill set that can be coached up.
I can agree with that. Love his skill set as a physical QB with good touch and ball placement. Needs work obviously and if health checks out would be a great prospect.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

The 2 things I like most about him is that he puts the ball to where only the receiver can get it or no one at all, and that he has average arm strength without using his legs to help give him more power, which can be changed with coaching. Things that concern me are his injury and the offense he runs. But most qbs in college now a days run a spread so not the biggest concern.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
that is possible, but if has a good year he could easily enter the draft IMO. Looking at his history he first agreed to play for Indiana then flopped to lsu, then to ND, than transfered to Cincinnati. So it seems if he has a good year and gets a good draft grade he'd make the jump. Just based off his recent history.
I'm hoping he stays for another year to make sure he is ready for the rigours of the NFL; another year can tank your draft grade though.

The 2 things I like most about him is that he puts the ball to where only the receiver can get it or no one at all, and that he has average arm strength without using his legs to help give him more power, which can be changed with coaching. Things that concern me are his injury and the offense he runs. But most qbs in college now a days run a spread so not the biggest concern.
yeah man, that footwork can be coached, as can the shift to being under center. He shows a really high football IQ and that is so important to a successful Offense.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm hoping he stays for another year to make sure he is ready for the rigours of the NFL; another year can tank your draft grade though.

yeah man, that footwork can be coached, as can the shift to being under center. He shows a really high football IQ and that is so important to a successful Offense.

Yeah agree another year would help, but could hurt, but with recent history and more and more juniors declaring, just seems to fit if he has a good year.

Agree Petty has a high football iq. He could be a Bortles grabbed after the 1st round.

This I gonna be a good year for teams needing a QB. Lots of good talent will drop due to not much need. Will be good for the Rams.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
he is only 20, might stay another year

Mariota is 21, will be 22 in Oct. Born in 93. Made me look and see that Petty would be 24 by the start of next season. Gunner would be 22.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mariota is 21, will be 22 in Oct. Born in 93. Made me look and see that Petty would be 24 by the start of next season. Gunner would be 22.

Yep, Petty is old. Mariota is 20. Born in October of 93 which means he turns 21 in October.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yep, Petty is old. Mariota is 20. Born in October of 93 which means he turns 21 in October.
You are correct, my bad. My math skills are a bit diminished due to the vodka. I was close though....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Tennessee finds there way to the top as well.
It doesn't look like Locker is going to stick. He was another one of those "can't miss " QB's. There was a ton of buzz for that guy coming out.

I thought Tennessee has Mettenberger and he looked great in preseason. Some said QB steal of the draft.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy is a true weapon. I think he's a true franchise QB and like way better than Winston. This guy will be the #1 pick next year barring something freaky doesn't happen. I'm beginning to wonder if sucking is worth it, but I never wish the Rams to lose. But if worst comes to worst, Mariota is a great silver lining.
We need Mariota in horns. Instant contenders IMO

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Winston the best QB available no contest in my opinion. He's an asshole and a prick, but he's the best QB by far. Then Mariota comes in next, don't think he's as good as Winston overall but he's definitely got much better character which will appeal to teams. I'd be happy with either one right now, but I think if we drafted Mariota, Schottenheimer would have to go. There's no way he is the right coach for him. And even for Winston, a different OC would be extremely beneficial.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF everything goes, AS "I" HAVE PLANNED FOR THE RAMS THIS YEAR. We will only have to be looking at more depth at all positions in next years Draft!(y) :D :LOL: