I'm Diggin' Mariota...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The guy is a true weapon. I think he's a true franchise QB and like way better than Winston. This guy will be the #1 pick next year barring something freaky doesn't happen. I'm beginning to wonder if sucking is worth it, but I never wish the Rams to lose. But if worst comes to worst, Mariota is a great silver lining.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have to agree Mariota is clearly a better choice than Winston.

Pulling off a block buster trade to get him would be great as long as it doesn't tear down a cornerstone of the team.

We saw last year how close they were with Clemens at the helm and if Bradford can somehow get back COMPLETELY healthy he could still put this team over the top. Mariota or any other QB would put us at least another year of building to contention.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to agree Mariota is clearly a better choice than Winston.

Pulling off a block buster trade to get him would be great as long as it doesn't tear down a cornerstone of the team.

We saw last year how close they were with Clemens at the helm and if Bradford can somehow get back COMPLETELY healthy he could still put this team over the top. Mariota or any other QB would put us at least another year of building to contention.

We need to keep the guys we have, mostly. I would give the farm for this guy.

A few guys that won't be in horns much longer are Hayes, Dunbar, and... that's pretty much it. How few aging players as have. We can get away with giving up premium picks for this guy.

Totally agree with keeping Bradford. Mariota can be in the passenger seat while Sam drives the stock car. That's a perfect scenario. Our OL is good and we have weapons. I'll actually be pissed if the Duck isn't wearing horns next year. I like him that much. It's a mobile QB division. ;)

Sitting didn't hurt Rogers any and it's not hurting Robinson.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mariota is an elite athlete for sure, but the only area he beats Winton is with his legs.

Athos

Legend
He's certainly the only QB I'd risk a 1st on. Wouldn't touch Winston with a 10 foot pole for reasons outside of talent.

That said, there's not a QB, far as I can tell, that'd come in here and be instantly successful. No one near Luck talent. Don't think there's one in 2016 either.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Mariota is an elite athlete for sure, but the only area he beats Winton is with his legs.

He's looked really good tonight with his arm. I admit I have not seen a whole lot of Winston. Im a Mariota guy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dang he's got wheels. 4.4 speed is remarkable. He's got some moves, too.

Kinda don't like to make this comparison, but he looks like Russel Wilson out there.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He's looked really good tonight with his arm. I admit I have not seen a whole lot of Winston. Im a Mariota guy.

Winston has all the traits that NFL scouts want to see in elite passers, and it's only his second year starting. The only knock is is character at this point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Winston has all the traits that NFL scouts want to see in elite passers, and it's only his second year starting. The only knock is is character at this point.

Is his arm really that much better? Like... is this a consensus that Winston is better, skill wise?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You guys are so cute. Wait until Jrry comes in here and tells you how he has no chance at the next level do to his lacing his shoes wrong, using the traditional cross threading instead of the more secure x pattern leaving him a risk to stumble 1 of every 3,121 dropbacks.
Seriously though I like him too

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Every time he has the ball in his hands, this WSH ST defense freezes a little. They don't want him to get his legs churning. Maybe I just got a man crush, I'm just loving what I'm seeing. This is my first game watching him. I haven't watched Winston, only highlights.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys are so cute. Wait until Jrry comes in here and tells you how he has no chance at the next level do to his lacing his shoes wrong, using the traditional cross threading instead of the more secure x pattern leaving him a risk to stumble 1 of every 3,121 dropbacks.
Seriously though I like him too

I think my nitpicking is quite a bit more informative than that, thank you very much.

And I don't have my mind made up on Mariota. Just have some problems that I see that I want to see get cleaned up before I can fully endorse him...considering we are talking about spending a top 5 pick on him.

Last edited:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sucking for the Duck and blockbuster trades are not an option in my book. Fisher said we would never be picking that low again (except for the Redskins trade) and I believe him. As far as trades go, no sense in gambling your future like the Redskins did. We are striving to win this season.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know the draft order is faaaaar from being set but looking at the teams that may draft a QB that we'd be competing with:

Tampa
Tennessee
Oakland
Houston

Looking at all the other teams, it seems like they have their 2015 QB on the roster. Idk about getting Mariota without a trade up, but I think we'd have a shot at a top 3 QB

A55VA6

Legend
As an Oregon Ducks fan, I would LOVE to see Mariota in horns. Great player and an even better person.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The guy is a true weapon. I think he's a true franchise QB and like way better than Winston. This guy will be the #1 pick next year barring something freaky doesn't happen. I'm beginning to wonder if sucking is worth it, but I never wish the Rams to lose. But if worst comes to worst, Mariota is a great silver lining.

Colon Kraperdick part duex?..............

Just..........................................

giphy.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I wouldn't poke Mariota with a first round stick. Any team who knows the importance of mental QB mechanics would do the same. Oregon's system is designed to get the ball out of the QBs hands quickly and he shouldn't make it into the first round unless there is a coach or an OC who can figure out how to transition that gimmicky offense to the NFL long term. No, Greg Roman's one year wonder with Colin Krapondick doesn't count.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I wouldn't poke Mariota with a first round stick. Any team who knows the importance of mental QB mechanics would do the same. Oregon's system is designed to get the ball out of the QBs hands quickly and he shouldn't make it into the first round unless there is a coach or an OC who can figure out how to transition that gimmicky offense to the NFL long term. No, Greg Roman's one year wonder with Colin Krapondick doesn't count.

Amen brudda.