I'll take my crow medium rare pleas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian quick is for real.
I was wrong. With a real qb he goes off today.
And that last miscommunication doesn't matter. Where that ball was thrown he had no chance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And that last miscommunication doesn't matter. Where that ball was thrown he had no chance.
Are you sure? it had about 10 seconds of hang-time.
Looked like a fair catch happening in the endzone.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll never know on that last play but IMO they both screwed the pooch. As for Quick he had a good game with many clutch passes. He's been very solid for us all year.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Actually if Keenum throws short to Quick. Quick probably walks in or gets first down since they dropped back in coverage

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Can't wait to see him with Goff. All the wrs actually. We have no idea how good they all can be. Can't find out with qbs like case, hill, foles and Austin.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd resign Quick, he's looking much better.... Buttttttt, I wouldn't give him a very long extension until I see how he does with Goff. If he's the same or better, then do it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
You know what, serve me up. He's been making me eat my words. Im glad because I didnt really want the Rams to have to draft more recivers. This draft needs to be oline and DB heavy. With a QB as accurate as Goff, Quick, Britt, Austin, Thomas, Cooper, and Spruce will be sufficient. I think having pass plays to actually get the recievers open is really help show what talent we have. Thank God for Groh

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was down on Quick too. He's doing better. But if that was his mistake on the last play, it would affirm my suspicions that he ain't the sharpest penci in the box.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Actually if Keenum throws short to Quick. Quick probably walks in or gets first down since they dropped back in coverage

Yeah, I think Keenum signaled for Quick to go to the endzone, and Quick didn't understand or receive the signal.

Quick was right in his actions though, since the coverage dropped back.. Did he read the defense correctly or simply get lucky?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd resign Quick, he's looking much better.... Buttttttt, I wouldn't give him a very long extension until I see how he does with Goff. If he's the same or better, then do it.

Yeah long way to go on that decision. If he plays well the remainder of the year then get him signed.

Happy to be wrong about him as well, btw.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Paging @LACHAMP46 ... lol.

I had my crow a week or two ago. Use lots of BBQ sauce, make sure you have a couple of beers to wash it down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Quick is playing much better. I'll eat my crow on him. I'm happy about it.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G

I was telling my son that the play was going to 83 and that the short route was the play to Quick for the tie. And BAM! Case throw over Quick's head and the ball game was over.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I don't put that last play on Quick. You can't signal a guy who isn't even looking at you yet. That was a freaking punt into the endzone. By the time Quick turned to Keenum, he had launched the ball like a punt and at best, Quick might have been able to win a jump ball if he could get to it. Even with the hang time, I'm not sure he could reach it.

And BTW - Keenum threw that ball in about 1 second so it was not like Quick should have been looking for the signal unless someone told him the blitz was coming.

Ram65

Legend
I thought Quick was worth giving this year as his last chance. I wasn't sold on all the rookies take his job away from him. The Rams are finally not just throwing it up and hoping he would come down with a pass. That's excluding the last throw of course. He needs to keep getting better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Can't wait to see him with Goff. All the wrs actually. We have no idea how good they all can be. Can't find out with qbs like case, hill, foles and Austin.

Whew! I made the CUT!
1YAlJBA.png

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Quick has been great just like I thought he would. He made the right decision on that last play and who the hell throws a Hail Mary pass from the ten

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah - I don't put that last play on Quick. You can't signal a guy who isn't even looking at you yet. That was a freaking punt into the endzone. By the time Quick turned to Keenum, he had launched the ball like a punt and at best, Quick might have been able to win a jump ball if he could get to it. Even with the hang time, I'm not sure he could reach it.

And BTW - Keenum threw that ball in about 1 second so it was not like Quick should have been looking for the signal unless someone told him the blitz was coming.

I'll go even one better - where is Keenum's situational awareness on that play? Let's review:

- It's 3rd down
- It's NOT a goal to go situation, we can get a first down without having to score a TD.
- there are 50 seconds on the clock
- the Rams still have a timeout

... so why are you audibling into something where the ball has to go into the endzone, when you can throw a shorter pass to Quick and let him pick up a few yards, possibly a first down, and possibly get out of bounds to preserve the timeout. I just don't get why that pass had to go into the endzone ... and maybe neither did Quick.

When you watch the replay, he could have threw to Quick at about the 10 yard line, and given that a blitz was coming, that might have been the smarter throw.