I'll be watching A football life: Rodney Harrison..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
He even takes cheap shots as an announcer, what a POS. I can't wait to see what Karma has in store for him.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He even takes cheap shots as an announcer, what a POS. I can't wait to see what Karma has in store for him.
Yes and he gets so defensive for Bill Belichick. It's like the Patriots never play bad even if they lost 28 to nothing

Psycho_X

Legend
Fuck Rodney Harrison and his ego. I'd rather be forced to watch this than a show about that piece of shit.

wXDxSG2MlfjdS.gif

I was randomly looking at gifs and saw this and it was so messed up I had to use it some where. The thread about Rodney Harrison seemed appropriate for some reason. sorry.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes and he gets so defensive for Bill Belichick. It's like the Patriots never play bad even if they lost 28 to nothing
You mean Like they will this Sunday against Houston/JJ Watt!!(y);):D I expect JJ to have a Field Day against the Cheatriots 3rd String QB!:LOL: And Edleman is going to be their Back-Up QB!!:rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
freak Rodney Harrison and his ego. I'd rather be forced to watch this than a show about that piece of crap.

wXDxSG2MlfjdS.gif

I was randomly looking at gifs and saw this and it was so messed up I had to use it some where. The thread about Rodney Harrison seemed appropriate for some reason. sorry.

Not that there's anything wrong with this.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
You know, were it not for Harrison....

Kurt-Warner-Rams.jpg
I had forgotten the details around Trent Green's Leg injury.....
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article1272729.html

But if the Rams forced a punt and took over beyond their own 20-yard line, Vermeil thought it worth working on the 2-minute offense.

“Are you good with that?” Green remembers him asking.

Of course, Green said.

So when the Rams took over past their own 20, out came Green and the first-team offense.

A few plays later, everything changed.

At the line of scrimmage, Green saw Chargers safety Rodney Harrison showing blitz. But Harrison was accounted for by Faulk in the called protection scheme.

“So I didn’t even bat an eye,” Green said.

Faulk was about as multifaceted a football player as there ever was, and he was a good blocker. But he had held out for about the first two weeks of camp that year, Green reminded, and he wasn’t quite himself yet.

“He knew he was supposed to get him, but if you look at the block, he’s not real comfortable with where he was at that point,” he said. “He kind of made like a half-block, a ‘not-really’ block.”

Vermeil doesn’t think of the holdout as a factor but said, “Skilled athlete vs. skilled athlete, you win some and lose some. In that case, Marshall didn’t get much of him.”

Over the years, Green said, he’s had different people tell him it was Faulk’s fault. He rejects that premise, though he considers it another of the oddities that made the play become what it did.

Most blame it on what was widely perceived as a cheap shot by Harrison, who previously had been voted the dirtiest player in the league and whom Vermeil regarded about that way.

“Believe me, I was not a big fan of his,” said Vermeil, noting he’d sent film to the league on Harrison’s ambushing style several times.

Yet neither Green nor Vermeil believe Harrison was motivated to injure when he lunged into the back of Green’s knee and caused a career-threatening injury.

It just happened to come exactly as he was most vulnerable, Green said.

Green’s weight had just transferred over to that leg on the follow-through of what would have been his 12th straight completion, a comeback route to the sideline that was offset by a personal foul on the hit on Green.

After the game, Harrison seemed genuinely remorseful.

“If I had it to do all over again … I wouldn’t even blitz,” he told reporters then. “I feel terrible about Trent.”

Though it was years before Harrison approached him to apologize, Green said, he has long since reconciled that it wasn’t malicious.