Ike Bruce with Martin Kilcoyne at the Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://ktrs.com/podcasts/martinkilcoyne/media/2013-01-21_isaac_bruce.mp3[/rp3]
http://ktrs.com/podcasts/martinkilcoyne ... _bruce.mp3

Notes (loosely transcribed from audio above) starts 4 minutes in.

On Orlando Pace:
Hanifan always stressed technique with Big O. In this league you have people just as strong as you are, but the thing that will separate you from them is technique. Coach Hanifan always stressed technique, and the guy turned into a 7-time pro-bowler.

On your program, "Wide Receiver Tech." (Hiring himself out as a coach)
When I'm sitting home watching football, I can see receivers attacking the DB and the ball, running routes correctly so you're not getting blown up, so I'm making myself available to guys entering the draft, guys already in the league, high school kids that have a passion about football. So I'm making myself available, and just giving guys what God gave me. I had probably 10 or 11 position coaches that I had over my career, and they taught me TONS, and they helped me tremendously.

How many guys have you seen come in the league who had a ton of athletic ability, but they just couldn't run a route?
That was the thing. You see guys who are able to run 4.1 in the 40, but he has trouble catching the ball, and he has trouble separating from a guy who runs a 4.6. Technique is SO BIG in the game of football, and like I said earlier, the guy who's technically sound is going to win the battle over the guy who's heavily talented. Guys have to learn how to play the game, and once your wisdom of the game catches up with your talent, you'll be an incredible talent.

On Harbaugh starting Keapernick
Had he not performed well, I think Harbaugh would have lost the entire team. I spoke to Frank Gore when I was in St Louis and they played the 49ers, and he was surprised too. Rarely do you see a guy who's winning get benched like that (Smith). It was something he went out on a limb to do, and he's still standing on that limb right now.

Should kids look up to athletes:
I think there are guys out there who are upstanding citizens, and they take great pleasure working with our youths. Without a doubt, you are a role model. When companies knock on your door and want you to endorse their products, that's saying a lot. That's saying you're a role model.

Stuff about Lance Armstrong & Dan Marino (12:30 in)

Closing statement: I DO expect the Rams to be in the post-season next year.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Didn't realize he was doing the Wide Receiver Tech program. Don't see how someone wouldn't want to take advantage of that if they're a WR entering the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iBruce said:
Didn't realize he was doing the Wide Receiver Tech program. Don't see how someone wouldn't want to take advantage of that if they're a WR entering the draft.
Almost makes me wanna get a job as a high school coach so that I could hire him to come talk to the team.
While I stand there gazing admirably like a high school girl. :lol:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
X said:
iBruce said:
Almost makes me wanna get a job as a high school coach so that I could hire him to come talk to the team.
While I stand there gazing admirably like a high school girl. :lol:

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. Almost said it, but your way with words far surpasses my own.