If you could redo the Rams 2014 1st Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I still think it's tru

Maybe, I'd take Gaines, but it's a better problem to have than 2011 when we couldn't find a healthy body to put out there...off topic speaking of 2011, I was watching the Gators 'Cocks game on Saturday and noticed Al Harris Jr playing, that was strange watching the son of a former Ram.

Athos

Legend
Do you think Tre Mason can be the Rams "Poor Man's" Marshall Faulk (let's face it there is only ONE Marshall Faulk!)?

The NFL's poor man's Faulk is up in Cincy with Gio Bernard imo. Though really, you could argue a poor man's Faulk doesn't even really exist.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I wanted to draft Watkins and Zack Martin... but seeing them play I dont think I would change the first round. The 6th and 7th rounds were a waste and I would have taken a qb maybe im the 4th instead of Mo Alexander.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Building the lines was the right move. Wouldn't change a thing. Might not be sexy, but they are the cornerstones of any good team. People laughed at Dallas for taking Frederick in the first, but I would be fine with the Rams using a first for a good center. Very important position. Keep it up Snisher....

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I wanted to draft Watkins and Zack Martin... but seeing them play I dont think I would change the first round. The 6th and 7th rounds were a waste and I would have taken a qb maybe im the 4th instead of Mo Alexander.
We got Gaines in the 6th, not sure I could call that a waste.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ok I meant the qb thats not even on the roster. Obviously Gaines has been huge, I thought he would be a 3rd rounder instead of 6th.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ok I meant the qb thats not even on the roster. Obviously Gaines has been huge, I thought he would be a 3rd rounder instead of 6th.
We took Garrett Gilbert in the 7th.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Building the lines was the right move. Wouldn't change a thing. Might not be sexy, but they are the cornerstones of any good team. People laughed at Dallas for taking Frederick in the first, but I would be fine with the Rams using a first for a good center. Very important position. Keep it up Snisher....

Which is why I don't give two shits about Mel Kiper's "big board" or Mike Mayock's annoying banter. Both were screaming "reach" and twitter was making fun of them. Now look who is laughing.

Oh I wanted Jake Matthews and Darqueze Dennard. Haha derp.

iced

I'd still take Watkins over GRob - nothing against GRob, but Watkins has just been that good and he's only a rookie

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'd still take Watkins over GRob - nothing against GRob, but Watkins has just been that good and he's only a rookie

Yet some did and would argue that Mike Evans has probably been a tad bit better.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wouldn't change a thing about round one.

Round two?

That's another story. But, to be fair, I wasn't even a fan of the Joyner selection on draft day.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't change a thing. Looks like they got it right and I'm no NFL scout! :)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
GRob is reminding me of the 1998 version of the BigO, and the D is coming around as well, so we are just a QB, Guard, center, and Marshal Faulk away from a Superbowl team! If the Wr's turn out to be great that is.
frabz-there-can-be-only-one-4dec11.jpg

Marshal Faulk