If you could redo the Rams 2014 1st Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No chance I'd change anything. Screw the trade down, screw Watkins, and screw Mack. All three are great options but this team needed OL in a desperate way. That has become apparent this year. Robinson is already playing well and he's nowhere near his ceiling. The guy has the ability to a Jason Peters type player...hell...maybe even Willie Roaf if we get lucky. That's too good to pass up.

RAMpage

UDFA
Name
AJ
Wouldn't change a thing. I love this draft class. Donald was the player I REALLY wanted the Rams to take even though the DL wasn't a need. But I never thought he would've lasted to our second 1st round pick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Without drafting GRob this OLine is in a world O hurt right now.

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Wouldn't change a thing. I love this draft class. Donald was the player I REALLY wanted the Rams to take even though the DL wasn't a need. But I never thought he would've lasted to our second 1st round pick.

I can relate.. but... AD now gives us an inside pressure along with Quinn on the outside, and Hayes and etc.. Thats why I took him in the mock draft here. Look at our D line now.. :)

RAMpage

UDFA
Name
AJ
I can relate.. but... AD now gives us an inside pressure along with Quinn on the outside, and Hayes and etc.. Thats why I took him in the mock draft here. Look at our D line now.. :)
I can't wait until Chris Long comes back!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I can't wait until Chris Long comes back!

We just get better brother.. I just hope they don't rush him back to soon. Take the time. We can do better with him playing. but we're not doing bad now. I just don't want to see him rushed back and get hurt again. I'm sure Chris is dieing to get into the lineup though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was critical of taking Donald. I thought he was too small. Plus DLine seemed like a luxury. WRONG!

However I was not high on GRob either and still am not convinced that he will be an All Pro OLT. He isn't there yet. He hadn't really played too well at OLT so far. But he could improve and Need made that pick a necessity. With Jakes injuries they had to have a future OLT. I was leaning toward Mack and Martin. Which I guess would have resulted in Saffold moving back to OLT. So the way Snead did round 1 worked out better.

Joyner looks promising but I am not ready to call him the best choice in round 2

Mason had me scratching my head with Stacy's success last year but now I can clearly see that his speed, vision, and shiftiness were worth it.

As a whole I wouldn't change the draft.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I was critical of taking Donald. I thought he was too small. Plus DLine seemed like a luxury. WRONG!

However I was not high on GRob either and still am not convinced that he will be an All Pro OLT. He isn't there yet. He hadn't really played too well at OLT so far. But he could improve and Need made that pick a necessity. With Jakes injuries they had to have a future OLT. I was leaning toward Mack and Martin. Which I guess would have resulted in Saffold moving back to OLT. So the way Snead did round 1 worked out better.

Joyner looks promising but I am not ready to call him the best choice in round 2

Mason had me scratching my head with Stacy's success last year but now I can clearly see that his speed, vision, and shiftiness were worth it.

As a whole I wouldn't change the draft.

Elm,

You don't think Grob played a good game today? Just asking man.

I mock drafted GRob to us on the night of the Super Bowl for just this situation right now, so I wouldn't change that pick. Wanted Dix but looking at the team now I'd take Donald every time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Elm,

You don't think Grob played a good game today? Just asking man.

He played better than the week before but he still is making lots of mistakes. Misses blocks in pass pro and misses targets in run blocking. He is still a work in progress. The week before he was aweful.

lockdnram21

Legend
He played better than the week before but he still is making lots of mistakes. Misses blocks in pass pro and misses targets in run blocking. He is still a work in progress. The week before he was aweful.
he played great except for the one series where ware went free. Hes still a rookie. Hes played a hell of a lot better then Long

Sappy113

Rookie
No chance I'd change anything. Screw the trade down, screw Watkins, and screw Mack. All three are great options but this team needed OL in a desperate way. That has become apparent this year. Robinson is already playing well and he's nowhere near his ceiling. The guy has the ability to a Jason Peters type player...hell...maybe even Willie Roaf if we get lucky. That's too good to pass up.

And we STILL need to make picks for the OL. It seems OL-picks are the kind that people know you need, but they're mostly so damn unsexy that hindsight often forces you to look at the skill position players who could've been taken instead. Unless we have a shot at a QB we REALLY like in the 2015 1st round, I'm ready to sink yet another 1st round pick in to that OL. Preferably a crazy-good C.

Looking at these past drafts, really makes you realize Snead did exactly what he said he would. He built the team through the draft. For better or worse, sure, but most of the starters on this team are Rams draft picks. Sitting at 4-6, that might seem like a poor job, but I prefer to think of it as the calm before the storm.

Athos

Legend
Nope. This is becoming the one draft under Snisher I can't complain about.

I can still find worthy complaints from 2012 and 2013, but not really this draft anymore.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
GRob is reminding me of the 1998 version of the BigO, and the D is coming around as well, so we are just a QB, Guard, center, and Marshal Faulk away from a Superbowl team! If the Wr's turn out to be great that is.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GRob is reminding me of the 1998 version of the BigO, and the D is coming around as well, so we are just a QB, Guard, center, and Marshal Faulk away from a Superbowl team! If the Wr's turn out to be great that is.

Do you think Tre Mason can be the Rams "Poor Man's" Marshall Faulk (let's face it there is only ONE Marshall Faulk!)? I really like Mason and I think the
Rams running back position is in excellent shape with him, Cunningham & Stacy!