If you could redo the Rams 2014 1st Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Would you still take Greg Robinson and Aaron Donald? I know there have been a lot of good players (Bills WR Sammy Watkins, Ravens LB C.J. Mosley, Bucs WR Mike Evans, Raiders LB Khalil Mack & QB Derek Carr, etc) from the 1st Round in this past Draft but I couldn't be happier and more satisfied with the Robinson & Donald picks! Personally, I think they were the perfect picks for the Rams and I look for both of them to have long, successful careers with the Rams!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Would you still take Greg Robinson and Aaron Donald? I know there have been a lot of good players (Bills WR Sammy Watkins, Ravens LB C.J. Mosley, Bucs WR Mike Evans, Raiders LB Khalil Mack & QB Derek Carr, etc) from the 1st Round in this past Draft but I couldn't be happier and more satisfied with the Robinson & Donald picks! Personally, I think they were the perfect picks for the Rams and I look for both of them to have long, successful careers with the Rams!
Looks like the Rams killed it in this draft so far. Still to early to judge either way, but we got a lot of promising players from this group! Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Mason. Fantastic!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
We took them last year here.. I took AD at 13th. Broke took GR at #2. Wouldn't change it at all.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
GRob is a superhuman freak can you imagine the Oline right now without him? and Aaron Donald is going to Hawaii his rookie year. Cant all be glitz and glamor in the draft. Build from the trenches. Those two will be cornerstones of the team for years to come. no change.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the Rams killed it in this draft so far. Still to early to judge either way, but we got a lot of promising players from this group! Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Mason. Fantastic!

I will be the first to admit that I have a terrible memory but I honestly don't remember the Rams ever having a better draft than this past draft and last year's draft (Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, Tim McDonald, etc) was not that bad either!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Snead killed it in this past draft, no doubt about it. I wouldn't change a thing, and as a matter of fact if this draft was reloaded Aaron Donald would go top 3.

His goal of drafting two Hall of Fame players with those picks is off to a great start man. Couldn't be happier with them and yes if they hadn't drafted Robinson this OL would be a mess.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snead killed it in this past draft, no doubt about it. I wouldn't change a thing, and as a matter of fact if this draft was reloaded Aaron Donald would go top 3.

His goal of drafting two Hall of Fame players with those picks is off to a great start man. Couldn't be happier with them and yes if they hadn't drafted Robinson this OL would be a mess.

Totally Agree!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I probably would have still drafted Watkins, but as long as I have my time machine, I would have gone back to the J. Long signing instead and not done that.

And then if I hadn't done that, THEN I would have drafted Robinson... and hopefully had better ROI on the salary used for Long.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'm fine with both. GRob has been very solid at LT having only started 5 games. He's able to simply get by on his athleticism right now, when he becomes a seasoned vet their's no doubt in my mind he can be an all pro.

I don't even need to start with Donald. Behind McCoy he may already be the best young DT in football. He's that good.

I think the emergence of Quick and Britt make passing on Evans and Watkins easier. Although it'd be nice to have a stud WR, I'll take the stud LT over a stud WR any day of the week.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm completely good with what they did, no redos. No real QBs in there that excite me enough to not have AD and GRob and also those guys listed are superfluous detail with guys like Quick, Bailey and Britt showing up.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I will be the first to admit that I have a terrible memory but I honestly don't remember the Rams ever having a better draft than this past draft and last year's draft (Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, Tim McDonald, etc) was not that bad either!

2012 draft wasn't too shabby either. Brockers, Quick, Jenkins, Johnson, GZ, DRich, Givens. Not to mention UDFAs Hekker and McLeod.

I'd have to flip a coin to pick a favorite draft between 2012-2014. All have been A drafts in my book.

Let's not forget our 4th and 6th round pick in 2015 has been pretty good so far in Mark Barron

jjab360

Legend
A part of me would want to take the trade down that Buffalo reportedly offered us but if Robinson lives up to his potential then I'd say he's worth passing on that trade for. I said when we drafted them that both of these guys could be perennial pro bowlers and maybe even HOFers and I stand by that.

Rest of the draft wasn't half bad either, Joyner will be a good nickelback, Mason is a legit NFL starting RB, and Gaines was one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best 1st round in my memory as a Rams fan......I think Both will be All Pro's eventually

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
No way am I changing a thing.

GRob is a beast and will be the best LT in the NFCW next year. AD has one foot in the Hall of Fame already (OK, that might be getting carried away but you know what I mean)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I think you could make a 20/20 hindsight argument for Khalil Mack and Zach Martin, but I'm pretty darn happy with GRob and Donald.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The Donald pick was a great one, and the EJ Gaines pick was incredible value. Mason is looking better all the time too.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Snisher and Co. knocked this draft out of the park. Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Mason, and Gaines are all starting and contributing big time. Can't ask for much more.

lockdnram21

Legend
Great Draft only thing i would change is Maurice Alexander. i would have taken Mettenberger or Murray. But Great draft. I think next season we see Joyner at fs and and gaines in the nickel. I think its safe to say we really just need a qb and interior lineman.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mo Alexander showed up on special teams today. The coaches like him and will build him up for whatever role they intended for him. Not every db picked in the latter rounds is ready to play straight away on d like Gaines. Now he was a truly special pick.