If you could choose one player from the 99 team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Bruce but it's very close with Faulk, his veteran presence will help tenfold than Britt especially in the route running department. Our backfield is stacked with talent although Faulk can lineup with our receivers the same way Austin can lineup at the halfback position.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Let's not get ridiculous here, Warner would not make our WRs into something they are not. Austin Pettis would not become a pro-bowler, and Chris Givens would not all of a sudden become a hall of famer. Warner throwing to a bunch of bums would still make them bums.

Holt, Bruce, and Fitzgerald were all great receivers without Warner. Quick isn't going to suddenly "get it" just because the ball is placed in a slightly more catchable position.

ABIGRAMFAN

UDFA
Name
ABIGRAMFAN
1- Warner
2- Marshall
3- Bruce
4- O.P.
5-T.H.
Then you got:
Az Hakim
L.F.
Proehl
Vermiel- Martz
De Marco Farr
Leanord Little
Man I loved that team.

From 4-12 to champs. Unbelieveable!

lockdnram21

Legend
Holt, Bruce, and Fitzgerald were all great receivers without Warner. Quick isn't going to suddenly "get it" just because the ball is placed in a slightly more catchable position.[/QUOTE]

he might not get it but it sure would help in a more catchable position

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
he might not get it but it sure would help in a more catchable position
How dare we expect these receivers to catch balls that hit them in the hands?

It takes two people to make a pass work, and more often than not, Bradford was not the problem in the equation last year.

Edit: Dude! You're member #666 of this board! Evil! EVIL!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Holt, Bruce, and Fitzgerald were all great receivers without Warner. Quick isn't going to suddenly "get it" just because the ball is placed in a slightly more catchable position.

he might not get it but it sure would help in a more catchable position[/QUOTE]

Warner could throw the best pass ever thrown, it still won't help our receivers get off press coverage, or make pre-snap reads, or run sharp routes, or work back to the ball when the QBs under pressure, etc and etc.
Is Bradford really the problem with them? If you took say, Bradford, Warner, Bulger and concussion Chris Miller out to a field, would Warner really hit a target more than the others? I doubt it, otherwise he'd have been played more before '99 or drafted. What made Warner so great on the field was impeccable timing and the ability to read where the ball had to go. He was accurate of course, but he also could throw to a spot without ever seeing the receiver based on trust. And he could do that because Bruce and Co, or Fitzgerald and Co, were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there. Can we honestly say the same thing about these wideouts?

I think I'm gonna change my answer. Faulk was the best player on the Rams team then, but we need Bruce or Holt now. We have a run game I think already.

This post probably needed an editor.

lockdnram21

Legend
How dare we expect these receivers to catch balls that hit them in the hands?

It takes two people to make a pass work, and more often than not, Bradford was not the problem in the equation last year.

Edit: Dude! You're member #666 of this board! Evil! EVIL!

Im not saying its Bradfords fault but on some passes I've seen maybe they were catchable. But they would have been amazing. Like when he threw it into
Double coverage vs 49ers. No way that interception was Quick fault. Even commentators said it was Bradford fault. I still would take either Pace or Faulk from 99 rams

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
With Long's health in question, I think Pace would be the player that would actually make the biggest difference on this team. The rest of this team is ready to break out with Bradford leading them. The other 99 players would be nice, but IMO would not make the difference Pace would if Long can't go at LT.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Faulk with out any questions! he did it ALL running, receiving, coaching other players, he made the whole team better!! how many other running backs can you name that can run 35 or so yards from scrimmage without any blocking assistance. in and out and around and over opponents for a score! Vermeil even told Faulk, when he did it, "..you did that all on your own!"

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Pace. In '99 he was 24 years old and just hitting the stride of a HOF career at what I believe to be the most important position on an offense. I'd happily field a line of Pace - Robinson - Wells - Saffold - Long. Yikes.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Faulk...you can plug him into any position on the field and feel like you have a competent player.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My initial response would be Faulk.

But those that are saying Bruce because the current team needs WR guidance makes sense to me.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuceee......