IF you could build a team from the ground up...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Are you saying they are good *ONLY* because of the offensive line? If so, that statement couldn't be more false.

I'll keep it simple. if they were playing for the Rams they would not be as successful as they are playing on the Cowboys.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
O-line and D-line first. Build from the trenches.
You and I have been in harmony on this for a very long time, my friend.

All one has to do is look at the Cowgirls this season.

Any ideas on why Dak and Ezekiel are doing so well? :sneaky:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you saying they are good *ONLY* because of the offensive line? If so, that statement couldn't be more false.
No, not "only"... but I'd tag it at around 85%.

Dak has the longest time to throw in the NFL right now... that is HUGE!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That statement doesn't mean defense with horrible offense wins championships.

I buy the mantra across all of the major sports spectrum.
I agree,

If you have a defense that's only allowing, say 10 PPG, you are always in the game.

Many people here have said this:
IF this Rams team could just be middle of the pack with regard to offensive production, we'd probably be headed to the playoffs.

The mantra is still true, IMO... but it can't overcome the last place offense in the league.

You have to have some balance.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No, not "only"... but I'd tag it at around 85%.

Dak has the longest time to throw in the NFL right now... that is HUGE!!
You need a team to succeed. You still have to make the right reads and be accurate with the throw. Wentz can't throw more than 15 yards. I'm just tired of people acting like Dak ain't shit without our o-line. Dude is still good.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You need a team to succeed. You still have to make the right reads and be accurate with the throw. Wentz can't throw more than 15 yards. I'm just tired of people acting like Dak ain't crap without our o-line. Dude is still good.
Well, we'll probably not know that (whether he'd be that good without a league leading Oline) any time soon.

Put him behind the Rams Oline and I think you'd see a very different player.

But that's just speculation. What's less speculation is that QBs tend to perform better when they have time and RBs tend to perform better when they have holes to run through.

If you're saying the Cowgirls Oline isn't doing that, then I don't know what to say to you. I am very in-tune with the Dallas sports scene. They are more than aware that the success of both Dak and Ezekiel are, to a very large degree, a result of the Oline they have in front of them.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You need a team to succeed. You still have to make the right reads and be accurate with the throw. Wentz can't throw more than 15 yards. I'm just tired of people acting like Dak ain't crap without our o-line. Dude is still good.
Dallas has had the best o-line for several years now and yet this is the best offense they've had. Dak makes the difference. No offense to Romo but with Demarco Murray and this oline, he only won more than 8 games 1 time in the last 5-6 seasons. I'm feeling deja vu in talking about Dak, its eerily similar to discussions about Russell Wilson as a rook....