If we were to get a new head coach who would you want

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'd fire Fisher, Shotty, and Williams and hire Larry, Curley, and Mo. I't least it would be entertaining while the Rams lost.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jeff Fisher minus final say on incoming personnel.
Mike Martz minus final say on incoming personnel.
Rex Ryan minus final say on incoming personnel.

Just about any experienced Head Coach who has had some success minus final say on incoming personnel.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Just about any experienced Head Coach who has had some success minus final say on incoming personnel.

Problem is that every experience Head Coach wants say in personnel and most of them get it. Andy Reid, Bill Belichick & Lovie Smith to name a few. However, some don't like John Fox, but that's because the team gives somebody else total autonomy like John Elway.

I guess my question is to you sir do you prefer that the General Manager control the personnel and the Head Coach just coach? Very difficult to get an experience Head Coach to agree to that in today's NFL.

WvuIN02

Starter
Bill Cowher

OC: Dana Holgorsen (my homer pick)...but he would know how to use these guys like Tavon lol

DC: Keith Butler

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Rex Ryan? Please lord NO!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Problem is that every experience Head Coach wants say in personnel and most of them get it. Andy Reid, Bill Belichick & Lovie Smith to name a few. However, some don't like John Fox, but that's because the team gives somebody else total autonomy like John Elway.

I guess my question is to you sir do you prefer that the General Manager control the personnel and the Head Coach just coach? Very difficult to get an experience Head Coach to agree to that in today's NFL.

Yes. My preference is for both the GM and HC to work together with the GM having final say on personnel.

Difficult, but not impossible. Depends on the coach and the situation. For example, my guess is that someone like Martz or Ryan would take such a gig in a New York second just to be head coaches.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes. My preference is for both the GM and HC to work together with the GM having final say on personnel.

Difficult, but not impossible. Depends on the coach and the situation. For example, my guess is that someone like Martz or Ryan would take such a gig in a New York second just to be head coaches.

True, but if the Rams go in that direction I see them keeping Les Snead and then empowering him to hire a Head Coach and IMO he won't go with a Rex Ryan or Mike Martz I see Snead going to the collegiate ranks with the likes of Bob Stoops, David Shaw or Brian Kelly for example.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
True, but if the Rams go in that direction I see them keeping Les Snead and then empowering him to hire a Head Coach and IMO he won't go with a Rex Ryan or Mike Martz I see Snead going to the collegiate ranks with the likes of Bob Stoops, David Shaw or Brian Kelly for example.
Eek. Just the name Shaw makes me skittish! o_O

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
His Daddy Willie Shaw was Defensive Coordinator for the St. Louis Rams from 1994-1996 under Papa Smurf Richie Brooks.
Yeah - just a guttural reaction to the name. I call for a moratorium on anyone with the last name of Shaw, Zygmunt, or Frontiere for that matter.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah - just a guttural reaction to the name. I call for a moratorium on anyone with the last name of Shaw, Zygmunt, or Frontiere for that matter.

Maybe that's exactly what we need to exorcise the evil demons left over from that triumphant.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd be inclined to find a longtime experienced coordinator. Seems to be working greatly for the Cardinals and Bruce Arians.

Who is one of those coordinators that's been killing it for years and years that perhaps has been overlooked?

I'm thinking someone like Hue Jackson is seriously due. He was ousted way too early in Oakland.

On another note...are there any retreads that pique your interest? I don't even me just for the Rams...theres always a few names out there that failed as HCs that I'd be intrigued to see get another whack at it...Mike Nolan and our old friend Pat Shurmer come to mind.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd be inclined to find a longtime experienced coordinator. Seems to be working greatly for the Cardinals and Bruce Arians.

Who is one of those coordinators that's been killing it for years and years that perhaps has been overlooked?

I'm thinking someone like Hue Jackson is seriously due. He was ousted way too early in Oakland.

Todd Bowles (Cardinals DC) & Hue Jackson would be on my short list. Bowles would be intriguing has been overlooked and even has a winning record as an interim Head Coach albeit just 2-1 when he took over for the Dolphins.

Bowles is a Parcells disciple, however, usually teams go in opposite directions of philosophy of the current Head Coach and in that case Hue Jackson would fit the bill.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Perhaps. But, since Fisher isn't going anywhere anytime soon (nor should he), it's pretty much a moot point.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Perhaps. But, since Fisher isn't going anywhere anytime soon (nor should he), it's pretty much a moot point.
Exactamundo.jpg