If we want--------------

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Foles to last the whole season we can't have a repeat of the GreenBay game. This thread is not about whether or not Foles had a bad day. I think we all know he did. But there were 10 other guys on that side of the ball and nine of them failed. Foles took at least 4 hits that would have put most qb's out of the game. All this talk about going on a nice winning streak will end if we don't clean up the pass protection and our players don't start picking up the blitzes. Part of it is up to Foles to audible out of plays that are doomed and into plays that are designed to stop the blitz. Part of it is on the center to make the proper line calls. And the rest is on the backs and receivers to run the correct routes and make the correct blocks. Either way they should have a handful of plays they can execute in their sleep that gets the ball out and keeps our qb from taking this beating. Hopefully that will be the focus of the bye week.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hopefully this kind of game will be what teaches the OL what they need to do to be a good unit.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My problem is why does it always take a loss to make adjustments? You think they might have figured Mathews was gonna be a problem . This team isn't good enough to lose every other week before having a game plan for the next week .

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Teams have taken the skins game plan for Rams O of blitzing a lot to disrupt the young oline and it's been working well! Play action on first down seems to work better against that. Knowing Gurley will get the ball on first down don't help! Gurley seems to be a good blitz picker upper! Big enough and strong and willing to stand in there! Yes, rolling the pocket seems like a good idea, if Foles could roll and throw going left!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm still wondering how the zebra staring at Matthews spearing Foles with the crown of his helmet didn't apply the rules of the game and penalize the packers for the illegal hit on the QB. That was complete bullshit. I read today that the long haired bastard may be fined for the hit.

Anyway...

Foles is one Tough SOB. He may have been rattled by the hit... but he jumped up and continued to play for his team. I bet many other pansy ass QBs would have tucked tail and run to the sidelines. NOT FOLES. I love the fight in him.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Me too.
Fish said the ref, being directly behind the QB, couldn't see it. Which I believe....sort of. If that's true, how do they EVER see spearing?
Brady gets the call.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Me too.
Fish said the ref, being directly behind the QB, couldn't see it. Which I believe....sort of. If that's true, how do they EVER see spearing?
Brady gets the call.

You answered your own question. Brady gets the call because he is Brady. NFL officiating has more to do with who you are than it does with what you do. It should not be this way, the rules should all apply to every player, and should be enforced consistantly regardless of the teams or players involved.

Penguin.

Rookie
If our line meshes together and forms somewhat of a wall to defend our QB, we will be in playoff contention.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
My problem is why does it always take a loss to make adjustments? You think they might have figured Mathews was gonna be a problem . This team isn't good enough to lose every other week before having a game plan for the next week .
reactive instead of proactive seems to be the M.O.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't see how a bad game like that one will all of sudden make a light go on for these guys. Its not like they see that game and "Oh crap, we better not do that again". Its not like they ain't trying. They're trying their hardest to get it done. At this point they're just not good enough. Will they be? I have no idea. I can't be a blind homer and say this will wake them up and they'll be fine now. They're not fine now and I don't know if and when they'll finally start getting better. All I can do is hope its sooner rather than later.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Foles needs to throw the ball down after getting creamed and call a timeout and lay into these guys!

FRO

Legend
I don't know why we have abandoned the screen game. That would be great against all the blitzing. We need this line to play great after the bye if we want to make a playoff run.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I'm still wondering how the zebra staring at Matthews spearing Foles with the crown of his helmet didn't apply the rules of the game and penalize the packers for the illegal hit on the QB. That was complete bullcrap. I read today that the long haired bastard may be fined for the hit.

They should fine the REFS for sucking so badly. In addition to that Mathews spear hit, they hit Foles late, him in the helmet with force, drove him into the ground... And then the Rams FO should fine the Rams OL and coaching staff for letting the Packers abuse their QB all day. Kroenke should demand his money back.

Rams pass rushers never get away with anything by comparison, esp if playing against a QB like Romo. Just no consistency at all from the partisan zebras.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They should fine the REFS for sucking so badly. In addition to that Mathews spear hit, they hit Foles late, him in the helmet with force, drove him into the ground... And then the Rams FO should fine the Rams OL and coaching staff for letting the Packers abuse their QB all day. Kroenke should demand his money back.

Rams pass rushers never get away with anything by comparison, esp if playing against a QB like Romo. Just no consistency at all from the partisan zebras.

Hahahaha

Like somebody said earlier ... The refs check the name on the back of the jersey first, then they decide the call. LOL I hope that's not the truth though... but many times it's hard not to believe it being a Ram Fan.

FRO

Legend
If the league mandates players have to do media, why doesn't refs and for that matter owners? There is no public accountability for refs.

fearsomefour

Legend
Im indifferent to Foles lasting the whole season or not really, he is not the problem, he is also not the solution.
Its a unit problem. Getting the running game early is the key to it all. Whether that is passing to run or running first, the O has to get something going early. When playing from in front it changes the play calling on both sides of the ball.

Memphis Ram

Legend
While getting the running game going early is key, getting the ball into the hands of the backs via the run AND THE PASS would be more helpful, IMO.

My fear is that the former TE coach and new Assistant Head Coach / Offense may be pushing the use of the TEs in the passing game at the expense of the RBs. On some of those blitzes, it looked to me like the blitzing defender waited a step or two to see if the Rams RB were going to release out into the flat or a pattern prior to charging in at Foles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While getting the running game going early is key, getting the ball into the hands of the backs via the run AND THE PASS would be more helpful, IMO.

My fear is that the former TE coach and new Assistant Head Coach / Offense may be pushing the use of the TEs in the passing game at the expense of the RBs. On some of those blitzes, it looked to me like the blitzing defender waited a step or two to see if the Rams RB were going to release out into the flat or a pattern prior to charging in at Foles.

I have to agree. Peyton Manning has been amazing at that throughout his career. You blitz him, he hits the HB leaking out of the back-field. Gurley could do some major damage in that role. But I also understand why they are skittish about sending the HB on a route with our young OL.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't know why we have abandoned the screen game. That would be great against all the blitzing. We need this line to play great after the bye if we want to make a playoff run.

I've wondered why they can't seem to get a grip on quick screens and 5-7 yard hot reads...Other teams sure seem to do it well against the Rams a lot...