if we score first....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we score first and it's a TD, that's NINETY unanswered points.

Obviously then, 17 unanswered points takes us to 100.
I wonder what the record is? We have to be enjoying some rarefied air right now.

I'll be happy to win, don't care if its 99-98 or 2-0... but there are opportunities in this game for some incredible stats.

Hot damn this is fun!!!
Hey everyone!!! Football is FUN AGAIN!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But if they score on the following drive, is it still unanswered?

And further, what if nobody sees it? Did it really happen? :eek:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

ab.jpg

Alan

Legend
badnews suffering from premature exclamation:
I wonder what the record is? We have to be enjoying some rarefied air right now.
http://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/7269/nfl-teams-with-back-to-back-shutouts
But the most consecutive shutouts in the modern era is three. This was accomplished by the 1970 St.Louis Cardinals (3 straight shutout wins) and the 1976-77 Steelers (they had 3 straight shutout wins in the middle of the season, and also had 2 straight shutout wins at the end of the regular season and a shutout win in week 1 of the 1977 season). A philly.com article mentions this:

The only NFL teams (since 1940) to have three consecutive shutouts were the 1970 Cardinals and the Steelers, who did it during Games 7-8-9 of the 1976 season and closed out that season with a pair (Games 13-14) and started 1977 with one (Game 1).

November 1, 1970 Houston OilersW 44–0
November 8, 1970 Boston PatriotsW 31–0
November 16, 1970 at Dallas CowboysW 38–0

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/7269/nfl-teams-with-back-to-back-shutouts
But the most consecutive shutouts in the modern era is three. This was accomplished by the 1970 St.Louis Cardinals (3 straight shutout wins) and the 1976-77 Steelers (they had 3 straight shutout wins in the middle of the season, and also had 2 straight shutout wins at the end of the regular season and a shutout win in week 1 of the 1977 season). A philly.com article mentions this:

The only NFL teams (since 1940) to have three consecutive shutouts were the 1970 Cardinals and the Steelers, who did it during Games 7-8-9 of the 1976 season and closed out that season with a pair (Games 13-14) and started 1977 with one (Game 1).

I don't like our chances for a 3rd straight shut out.... but I like our chances for NINETY points since our opponents scored.
That's freaking remarkable. Every year, some team wins the superbowl.
It's not often that a team does what we have the chance to do tonight.

Alan

Legend
The Cards were 8-5-1 that season @badnews . The consecutive point total in just hose three games is 113 so we have a long way to go.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we score first and it's a TD, that's NINETY unanswered points.

I'll be happy to win, don't care if its 99-98 or 2-0... but there are opportunities in this game for some incredible stats.

Hot damn this is fun!!!
Hey everyone!!! Football is FUN AGAIN!!!
I may be wrong. But I thought I read another post, here at ROD. Where someone said the record was 88 points! I believe it was @RamzFanz.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

You should teach Philosophy.

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51 misunderstanding:
someone said the record was 88 points!
I believe that's the number of points scored in two straight shutout games.

Alan

Legend
ChrisW not seeing the big picture:
You should teach Philosophy.
It's the pina colada addiction he developed in Florida. That's with the little umbrella too. :(

It's hard to get off that stuff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't care if we win 62-60. Just win the fuckin game.
Get payback
Get to .500

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Cards were 8-5-1 that season @badnews . The consecutive point total in just hose three games is 113 so we have a long way to go.
Thanks Alan! You're the man!
I mean I could have looked it up.... but I'm far too laz

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So all we need is a score of 31-0. Exactly the score I picked in the 'Guess the score thread!:D:ROFLMAO:

I think we are going to have to make it more challenging for you and make you name the players who score. It's the only fair thing to do. :whistle:

Alan

Legend
DaveFan'51getting his hopes up:
So all we need is a score of 31-0.
Maybe, maybe not. As I said, that's just in the three games. That doesn't count any points they might have scored (last) in the preceding game and how many they scored first in the game after. So it's at least that.