IF we get Long...does this mean Saffold would be traded?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
LTs get switched over to RT all the time. Rodger is a good guy, he'd do it.

Jake Long, Jon Cooper, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Rodger Saffold. Sounds good to me.

Angry. I would love the Cooper pickup and think he will be a better pro. ( I really think Warmack is too flat footed and everyone says that he does not give his all on every down.)

Thanks guy! I dont know why I though Saffold was getting like 4 mill a year. Geez! I need to do my homework.

jap

Legend
BonifayRam said:
I know that I am the only person saying this and the world has Saffold moving to the right OT post ....I will say this....how often did we see the stunts of the RDE & RDT where the DE would crash though the interior of the left side of the line to kill Sam Bradford? When saw it over and over again with great success particularly shown by Fox Sports where the 9ers Smith brothers Sheldon & Justin beat our left side silly. The pass protection in the modern NFL has to come from the OG's as much as the OT's. Rams OLG's Ojinnaka, Smith & Turner failed on these stunts many times last year and that is why Ojinnaka & Turner are no longer in a Ram uni. When our opponents RDE's were being controlled by Hunter & Saffold they went inside where pass our weak link was at great damage was done and Sam as we all know had no pocket to step up into!
. . .

Plausible argument. Let's see how Coach Bou, Schotty, and Fish reads things. We definitely could use a killer OL for both pass blocking and run blocking. We all know about Sam. However, our munchkin RB's need daylight to fully exploit their speed and quickness.

fearsomefour

Legend
Bonifay....
Interesting idea moving Saffold inside. I do agree that a left side on Long/Saffold could be dominant. I also agree that the Rams interior got scorched with stunts last year. Moving Saffold to guard would probably lessen the odds he returns to the team after next year. The money he could make at T compared to G would determine him leaving, which it might anyway. Someone could very well pay him very well to field their LT spot after next year even if we have him at LG or RT. If a top level T fell to the Rams at 16 I could see your scenario playing out. Outside of that I think convention wins out and he is at RT. Either way it is a win-win for the Rams with two spots being improved....taking for granted Long isent shot, which I dont think he is. I do like Barksdale a lot and hope he comes back to the Rams. Looking forward to a spirited battle for that LG spot this summer.

nighttrain

Legend
Angry Ram said:

Jake Long, Jon Cooper, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Rodger Saffold. Sounds good to me.
we drafted ROK for some reason, eh? i think it was to play guard...
train

nighttrain

Legend
we're gonna draft a OG, my wish is Warford, the guy is a mauler that beats down people..
train

I don't see why we would.

I think if Lane Johnson falls to us and we pick him up the chance of trading Saffold goes from 0 to about 5%.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't trade him no matter what we do.
We need MORE offensive linemen -- not less.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Simple answer is no. I am sure like people above me posted earlier that they would simply move Saffold to the RT. That was the initial intent when we first drafted him to play RT.

jap

Legend
Ram_Fan said:
Simple answer is no. I am sure like people above me posted earlier that they would simply move Saffold to the RT. That was the initial intent when we first drafted him to play RT.

Well, more accurately, that was the intent of the Spags regime. Fish, Schotty, and Couch Bou may choose their own intent(s).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
X said:

I sure agree with this bigtime...one of Saffold best ability is his Versatility. He could play any of the four OL positions both OT's & OG's posts. With our history of OL musical chairs you would be nuts to give Saffold away for anything less than a very high draft pick and even then I would pause. Saffold has some serious value to this team no matter where he ends up starting.

Another thing about Saffold is his high Integrity with that he could easily demonstrate this season that he is a team first player who can give 100% no matter what happens. I do not foresee any Temper Tantrums. Snead & Fisher could also throw us a curve ball here and sign Saffold to a contract extension just to be here to play any of the OL positions thats needed and blow our minds here! :woooot: :popcorn: That would be a serious smart move! :ahight:

Speeps

Starter
X said:
This! Since when did the Rams get the luxury to trade away young, talented offensive linemen?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
nighttrain said:
Angry Ram said:

train

Jon Cooper is ready now. Rok can be developed to eventually replace Harvey Dahl.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Uhhh....

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest
Rams shaking in boots RT @jthom1: Trouble? RT: @BobGlauber Potential fallout in event Rams sign Jake Long: Saffold likely will ask for trade

Seriously...WTH Saffold.

Speeps

Starter
Ram_Fan said:
Uhhh....

Rams shaking in boots RT @jthom1: Trouble? RT: @BobGlauber Potential fallout in event Rams sign Jake Long: Saffold likely will ask for trade

Seriously...WTH Saffold.
I believe this is speculation. In the event that it isn't, let him go. I don't want that type of player on my team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speeps said:
Ram_Fan said:
Uhhh....

Seriously...WTH Saffold.
I believe this is speculation. In the event that it isn't, let him go. I don't want that type of player on my team.
+1

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
nighttrain said:
Angry Ram said:

train

Jon Cooper is ready now. Rok can be developed to eventually replace Harvey Dahl.

Cooper is ready to play now?? Says who? Rok was ready to play, remember he started the 1st game of the season at LG before he got hurt.

jap

Legend
fastcat said:
Angry Ram said:
nighttrain said:
Angry Ram said:

train

Cooper is ready to play now?? Says who? Rok was ready to play, remember he started the 1st game of the season at LG before he got hurt.

Couch Bou makes the calls on who his starting five is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Speeps said:
Ram_Fan said:
Uhhh....

Seriously...WTH Saffold.

Yep that's how I am. If I was a coach and a player told me "Hey don't upgrade the team because I don't want to move positions" my response would be as follows:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_yxUHDZTq0[/youtube]

I'll believe it when I see it. I think there's more of a chance some Dolphins (or other teams) brass is putting that out to make the Rams think twice.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
bluecoconuts said:
Speeps said:
Ram_Fan said:
Uhhh....

Seriously...WTH Saffold.

Yep that's how I am. If I was a coach and a player told me "Hey don't upgrade the team because I don't want to move positions" my response would be as follows:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_yxUHDZTq0[/youtube]

I'll believe it when I see it. I think there's more of a chance some Dolphins (or other teams) brass is putting that out to make the Rams think twice.

+1

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding!