If We Draft Watkins, Who Starts In 2-3 Wr Sets?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramifications

Austin was injured when Bailey started at the end, so it is still an open question whether Bailey or Givens (or Quick) would sit in three WR sets when Watkins and Austin are on the field (or start in two WR sets when Austin isn't on the field).

Since Bailey seems to be the best route runner and has the best hands on the team, I'm hopeful he has done enough in the coaching staff's eyes to be elevated over Givens. Another way to parse this question, is to note that with Watkins and Austin they would already have blazing collective speed, and more important than another speed merchant like Givens, would be the constellation or traits and attributes Bailey brings to the table (i.e. - precise route running and hands).

A55VA6

Legend
To be honest it would probably be a rotation. Some 3 WR sets would be Bailey, Austin, Watkins. Next time out it could be Watkins, Givens, Quick or whatever other combination you want to come up with. I do think with or without Watkins, this WR group could be pretty dangerous.. Watkins would just make it even better.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Ideally, #1 Watkins, #2 Quick and throw Austin in at the slot. You could then utilize Bailey as a 3rd down possession guy and Givens situationally to further stretch the field as the backup #2. Of course, this is contingent Quick finally breaking through. No matter what, in this scenario, Givens will lose his #1 WR status and if Quick does not live up to his billing, Bailey becomes the #2.