If We Draft An Ot With Our First Pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 with his version:
I'd define coming back from an injury as the moment the player steps out onto the field again. That's the only definition that makes sense to me.

Playing like you used to is another thing entirely.
Just like I thought, not everyone was on the same page.

Alan

Legend
rhinobean with an optimistic view:
I'm hoping he's blowing smoke! Seems obvious we need some young blood on the O line that's starter quality1
Let's hope he's as smart as we are eh? :D

Alan

Legend
Nah, I think it's better if he's as smart as we are. Better for the Rams too.

Now, if he'd just start taking my phone calls. :disappoint:

Alan

Legend
I think we need to keep sending lots of positive vibes out just in case.

jjab360

Legend
Snead has often indicated that he likes to take offensive linemen late and let them develop into starters, but I also don't think he would be able to pass on great talent.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Snead has often indicated that he likes to take offensive linemen late and let them develop into starters, but I also don't think he would be able to pass on great talent.
For those who say take the best available player, should be a O lineman there early!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Early and often for this oline!

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I've never played offensive line, but I would think a knee injury would still have a huge impact for a LT. You need that lateral quickness to stop a speed rush, don't you? And isn't that what the ACL injury affects most?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've never played offensive line, but I would think a knee injury would still have a huge impact for a LT. You need that lateral quickness to stop a speed rush, don't you? And isn't that what the ACL injury affects most?
Yes. And planting of the leg(s) while the body resists the opposing force is more strenuous than people think.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Alan

Legend
psxpaul losing his cherry:
Good first post psx! It's great to start out with a like. Although I don't know what they do for you. I think you get a title or something eventually.

I think you're correct in that assumption. I'm keeping my toes crossed he'll recover enough to be effective again.