If they release Peterson.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams pick up Peterson if he is released?

• Yes

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%

• Total voters

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-incentive-to-get-his-case-resolved-quickly/
Peterson now has clear incentive to get his case resolved quickly
Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
peterson4.jpg
Getty Images
The Constitution gives all citizens the right to a speedy trial. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will want to have his trial today, if possible.

The Vikings, after bungling the situation on Monday and then finding a way out of the weeds late Tuesday, have created for Peterson a situation in which he now has an extreme incentive to resolve the criminal charges pending against him.

Peterson is gone until the legal process is resolved. So he’ll try to resolve the legal process as soon as he can.

Of course, this now gives prosecutors extreme leverage. With Peterson hopeful to put this behind him so that he can get back to football, he will be more likely to plead guilty to the current charge or a lesser offense in order to put this situation behind him and to return to the NFL. While a suspension under the personal-conduct policy surely is looming once the situation ends, the sooner Peterson ends the situation, the sooner he gets suspended and returns to football.

When that happens isn’t known. Where that happens is even more unknown. The Vikings’ gross mishandling of the situation on Monday makes it hard to ever bring Peterson back. It also makes it hard for anyone to bring him in.

Not long ago, the topic du jour focused on Peterson’s reported desire to play for the Cowboys after his time with the Vikings ended. That seemed speculative and distant and highly unlikely. It now seems prescient — assuming that the Cowboys would be willing to welcome him to the team.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No chance.

Maybe a slap on the wrist or backside for a naughty child is okish, but attacking a 4 year old with a tree branch, leaving those injuries...........what the fuck is that all about?

nighttrain

Legend
Would you want the Rams to pick him up? Heard a report that the Vikings have 'all' options on the table. Vote and give your reason.

Personally I don't see what's wrong with disciplining your child but whatever so my vote is yes.
absofuckinlutely, kids today grow up without didipline of any kind. It's a very unfortunate situation
train

Last edited:

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Depends, if he is truly remorseful and is getting help absolutely. If not then no.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One of the worst/overrated players at his position compared to a guy that's arguably HOF worthy at his?

yea, not even close. Time and time again the NFL has proven Talent wins in the end.

Personally, just going off of what I know about AP and the type of character people believed he was prior to this incident, I think there's some stuff that's probably important that's going unreported.

There's a gigantic difference between his version and his wife's version - as someone who: 1) grew up in a southern culture (parents born in the 40's in mississippi, and yea, my mom used the switch) , 2)parents were separated , 3)had my own degrees on physical abuse; there's going to be a lt of mud that'll be slung, the problem is finding out what's true and what's bs.... Just to give you an example, I knew of a father that was able to convince a courtroom, doctor, therapist, and several other people that the boyfriend of the cheating wife was a "satanic devil worshiper", had "suicidal tendencies" , and all sorts of other crazy bs.. Even had some "witnesses" - the father was successful and won custody... But were any of those allegations true?

Nope.

For me - this whole thing is too early

Incognito was one of the best guard in the league when he played at Miami and left his penalties behind. Many teams in the league could use his services.

The public doesnt want him and and they don't want AP. Any team that signed him would have a PR nightmare on their hands. Also they risk messing with teamchemistry. There could be NFL players that have strong feelings against AP.

iced

Incognito was one of the best guard in the league when he played at Miami and left his penalties behind. Many teams in the league could use his services.

I disagree - i think he's overrated and he was never even good when he was here. Maddeningly inconsistent;he'd have 1 good run block one play then look awful the next 2 or 3. Reminded a lot of like Devin Joseph right now

The public doesnt want him and and they don't want AP. Any team that signed him would have a PR nightmare on their hands. Also they risk messing with teamchemistry. There could be NFL players that have strong feelings against AP.

i think it's a lot more than that - the bucs brought him in for a look and didn't sign him.

There have been people guilty of much worse crimes and come back.

I'm waiting for facts to come out before i jump to conclusions - especially with todays media

Mick

Pro Bowler
absofuckinlutely, kids today grow up without didipline of any kind. It's a very unfortunate situation
train
That is discipline? So maybe next time knock a couple of teeth out, right? I mean how is going at a 4 yr old and making him bleed considered discipline? It's not even close...stay away from AD....football ain't that important to sell the soul over.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not worth it. High cap hit, PR nightmare, sends a horrible message, and he doesn't have a ton of years left.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The tree branch references are laughable, a switch is not a branch. That said the pictures look terrible. The idea that discipline needs to be nothing more than a time out or a swat on the butt just don't hold water, does it need to be lashing or a beating with a belt (the form I was subjected to because I was too stupid to figure things out) probably not. However I do feel there is an over all lack of discipline in our society which has lead to a decay in our standards in this nation and there should be more spankings handed out and a lot less judgement from people who have their own problems they should be focusing on.

If Peterson is cleared to play in the league I don't believe this incident should keep him from earning a living for God's sake look at the dregs of our society who have done much worse and get a pass without question. I would take him on my team, I don't believe it would happen with the Rams I just don't see that much upside over the players we currently have at this point in his career.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
No thanks.....and baggage aside its not the smartest football decision. He will be 30 years old and what will be the cost? 8-10M? As great a player he is, he has not helped Minnesota win anything. RB's don't win championships anymore. RB's are like closers in baseball, there inconsistent, injury prone and you can find them a million different ways. 5th round, UDFA, etc.

Then of course the baggage, why would you want to associate yourself with this guy. Might as well bring Rice along too. Beat your kids, beat your wife. What is the diff....right?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
People have been saying that the kids of the next generation are undisciplined since before Christ was born. What's in them photos and reports isn't discipline, does not matter how you were raised, what you had to drink, etc. Kids may lack discipline today, but the members of my generation and my father's generation lack accountability. Nothing is our fault. Economy bad, Mr Senator? Not my fault. Company bankrupt? Wasnt aware. Knock my girl out in an elevator? She may have been drunk. Beat my kid? I was drinking in the south. Our kids have learned it from us.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The tree branch references are laughable, a switch is not a branch. That said the pictures look terrible. The idea that discipline needs to be nothing more than a time out or a swat on the butt just don't hold water, does it need to be lashing or a beating with a belt (the form I was subjected to because I was too stupid to figure things out) probably not. However I do feel there is an over all lack of discipline in our society which has lead to a decay in our standards in this nation and there should be more spankings handed out and a lot less judgement from people who have their own problems they should be focusing on.
Amen. Asi sea. So be it.

Judging by those pictures, what he did was way out of control, and now it has been put an end to and will stay that way. You know darn well that child is going to be with his mother and will be watched like a hawk by CPS in any event.

People need to ask themselves this, how to ending the guy's career help that child in any way? I get setting an example, but put the kid first, put the kid first, for the love of all that is good, put the kid first.

V3

Hall of Fame
Voted No. Morals aside, the PR circus(you thought the Sam circus was bad?), the age issue, the money issue, and the fact that we already have too many RB's, the Rams don't need him.

My guess is NE or Balt will scoop him up. They don't seem to care about that stuff.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Off topic: the greatest industrialized nation the world has ever known and the world's police force did not have a problem with accountability or discipline, they go hand in hand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Short answer: yes
Detailed answer: if he does his punishment, then I don't see why we have to continue to scrutinize him for the rest of his career. People do bad things, and they learn sometimes. Too good a talent to ignore. He who is without sin should cast the first stone, or whatever.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Off topic: the greatest industrialized nation the world has ever known and the world's police force did not have a problem with accountability or discipline, they go hand in hand.

I believe a large number of female members of the world's police force may have a different take.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Damn I hadn't read the reports on what actually happened, thought only he spanked him with a twig was the known facts. Very sad if it got past that point.
Same here! Sounds Like he went way too far with his discipline!! I'm a Father & Grand-Father and I also come from a Big family and Long Line of Big Families and I've never heard of anyone being that Brutal to a kid in my family!! If True, "Kick his ass out of Football for Life, and scratch his records from the books!!!"

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If they released him - yeah I'd say we pick him up - (if the contract is workable with the cap space). Everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe the whole issue will teach him some important lessons about life.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hell no.

We have clear evidence that he whipped his child way, way beyond what is necessary for discipline, and this is only what we know about. There are allegations about another incident as well.

Fuck AP. no kid beaters on the Rams. We can do better than that.