If they played that game 10 times

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Each team would probably get a lopsided win like that. Out of ten times there would be one where the Denver offense was clicking perfectly and the Seahawks defense was struggling and the score would be flip flopped from tonight. The other eight times I think we would see close games won by the team that didn't turn it over and scored TDs in the red zone not FGs.

What we saw last night was one of the two perfect storm games we would see out of ten. Which is too bad because I thought it was going to be more entertaining, yet it reminded me of one of the SBs from back when everyone knew the team that came out of the NFC was going to blow out the AFC champ. Those were dull Super Bowls..........remember looking forward to commercial breaks before the first half was even over.......that's what last night was like.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Someone needs to see how Denver did against the top defenses in the league.
I'm kinda busy, so...

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Any Given Sunday. That goes both ways.

Yesterday, Denver's AGS was a worst case scenario. Perhaps Seattle's D had something to do with that, but the first snap of the game was a preview of impending disaster.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just looking at their schedule quick it really doesn't look like they played any top flight defenses. Ravens to open the year and that was the weird hour + delay, Chiefs a couple times. Otherwise it was kind of a cupcake schedule as far as opposing defenses were concerned.
Dallas, Giants, Eagles, Washington, J-Ville, Houston, Indy, Tennessee.
Maybe the mighty Manning was just unprepared for what they were bringing?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
There was also a notable discrepancy in the neutral field. One news outlet reported that Seattle fans outnumbered Denver fans by 5 to 1. Remember in the Division round, Brees had a snap go whizzing past him, too.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No question Seattle playing top notch, physical, teams like the NFCW foes and the Panthers once greatly worked in their favor. Denver was completely shell shocked by the physicality along with everything else Seattle threw their way.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm kinda busy, so...

Seattle is the only top 5 D they've played against all season so maybe they hadn't been properly tested?? if its a straight Offensive slug out maybe the Broncos do well, but up against a tough D, they struggle?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seattle is the only top 5 D they've played against all season so maybe they hadn't been properly tested?? if its a straight Offensive slug out maybe the Broncos do well, but up against a tough D, they struggle?
Seems so. It was glaringly apparent that Seadderall set out to take away the passing game (as anyone should), so it's surprising that Denver didn't try everything they could to get the run game going. Looked like Denver just tried to do what the Rams were also unsuccessful doing - using the short passing game to supplement a lack of a run game. Oh well. An entire off-season of Seadderall on ESPN and NFLN was something I was hoping to avoid, so maybe I'll just not watch TV.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think first of all that was a major choke.
Second IMO Manning has been making a pretty bad o-line look better than they were all year ( doubtless against lesser defenses) and that the 1/2 second he's gotten to get rid of the ball just wasn't there yesterday.
I wish I was the kind of nerd who could do that sort of in depth research .
Anyway if Denver wants to win the Super Bowl next year they are damned sure gonna need to find someone to block Robert Quinn(y)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think Peyton is about done. I expect him to slide appreciably in 2014.

I won't be surprised if the Broncos don't even make the playoffs next year.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Peyton is about done. I expect him to slide appreciably in 2014.

I won't be surprised if the Broncos don't even make the playoffs next year.
Possible he could retire. He wants to play but he said he won't argue with doctors. He said it's been an amazing run so if he had to retire he'd be at peace with it. Gotta love the guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Possible he could retire. He wants to play but he said he won't argue with doctors. He said it's been an amazing run so if he had to retire he'd be at peace with it. Gotta love the guy.

I heard that after the game he went to check on Sherman to see if he was ok, which is a classy thing to do post game after you shower and are in a suit to meet the media.

Remember the pic of him going into the Ravens locker room to talk to Ray Lewis after that game last year.

Dude is just a good egg.

A55VA6

Legend
I heard that after the game he went to check on Sherman to see if he was ok, which is a classy thing to do post game after you shower and are in a suit to meet the media.

Remember the pic of him going into the Ravens locker room to talk to Ray Lewis after that game last year.

Dude is just a good egg.
Damn he went to check on Sherman? Manning is a complete boss 24/7. Great guy.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm kinda busy, so...

San Diego put together the template on how to beat them, just like the Ravens (almost) did when the Giants beat NE in the SB.

Denver knew this going in so they loaded up against A, B, C and D gap runs and spread their legs for everything else. ;)