If the Rams cheated...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What would you do if the Rams cheated but won a ton of games and super bowls like NE?

• I'd stop being a fan

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Wouldn't bother me at all

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I'd rationalize it by saying everyone cheats... we just got caught and we're still super bowl champs

Votes: 45 60.0%

• Total voters

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would you do?

Explain... and BE HONEST!

If I'm honest, I think I might rationalize... (I feel dirty now)

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
What would you do?

Explain... and BE HONEST!

If I'm honest, I think I might rationalize... (I feel dirty now)

I’m sure I would rationalize and defend certain aspects of it. However, after a second scandal or even third, I would openly be asking to stop it!

nighttrain

Legend
I'd rationalize it by saying everyone cheats... we just got caught and we're still super bowl champs
I’m sure I would rationalize and defend certain aspects of it. However, after a second scandal or even third, I would openly be asking to stop it!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cheaters never win and winners never cheat . (unless you're the Pats)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yep, I'm a dirty fan. I'd overlook it, make excuses, talk ridiculous $#!T, and otherwise resemble a Cheatriots fan.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point in my life, I'd quit being a fan.

In my younger years (before age 30), I would probably rationalize a cheating Rams team. But for different reasons, I lost respect for a different favorite team of my youth (LA Lakers) because of the actions that were rationalized by fans in the midst of their winning World Championships. The NBA is dead to me now, as a cheating Rams team would be.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I guess it depends on the severity, any kind of dirty play, like deliberately trying to injure people, I'd have a hard time supporting a team like that. Aside from that I wouldn't mind. It's a game after all.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
After 15 years or so, I'd probably start to feel some guilt.... just saying!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess it depends on the severity, any kind of dirty play, like deliberately trying to injure people, I'd have a hard time supporting a team like that. Aside from that I wouldn't mind. It's a game after all.

Not being pollyanna here, but the biggest part of the fun of sports is seeing players/teams competing with others on an even playing field, struggling to be the best. Cheating undercuts all of that. Why spend your time watching a fixed game (or an uneven contest through cheating)? if you want to cheer a fake contest, you might as well watch WWE

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Don't they cheat already? McVay is pumping information to Goff through some unseen audio device that no other team uses giving them an unfair advantage. Audio-Gate2017

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I wouldn't rationalize it. I'd walk away from being a fan. Not judging anyone for how they might feel about it. We're all different. I'm just not into it at all. Played sports most of my younger years and would have never wanted to be a part of a team that cheats to win. I'd rather be last place and play a fair game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
None of the above. It would depend on the level. Deflate Gate, for example would not be enough to make me walk away from my team. Cheating and having the NFL burn tapes on something that helped us win a SB might be enough. It would certainly make me discouraged and could tip the scales and make me not care anymore. I want my team to win and win legit. The game is tough enough and taking a totally illegal "edge" would taint any win - especially a SB win.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Depends heavily on what it was, but I would likely half pay attention to the team until everyone who was part of that was no longer with the team.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Not being pollyanna here, but the biggest part of the fun of sports is seeing players/teams competing with others on an even playing field, struggling to be the best. Cheating undercuts all of that. Why spend your time watching a fixed game (or an uneven contest through cheating)? if you want to cheer a fake contest, you might as well watch WWE
The playing field isn't always even and cheating is rampant throughout most sports in one way or another. So it comes down to the severity and how much we can live with individually. Sure I'm not watching a fixed game, but I'm not going to let something as silly as deflategate bother me. But thats just me and my opinion.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I couldn't stop being a Ram Fan... but...

It would make being a Fan an embarrassment for me. I'm a proud Ram Fan win OR lose. But the thought of knowing that my team was rampant with cheating... basically a cheating culture... would be a complete and total embarrassment. There is absolutely no way that I would be able to rationalize the cheating to anyone. I'd rather have my team lose, than know that they cheated. Especially at the level of cheating that that team from Boston has stooped to.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The playing field isn't always even and cheating is rampant throughout most sports in one way or another. So it comes down to the severity and how much we can live with individually. Sure I'm not watching a fixed game, but I'm not going to let something as silly as deflategate bother me. But thats just me and my opinion.
Burning tapes to cover up a fake Super Bowl win is what I'm talking about..screw deflategate

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Burning tapes to cover up a fake Super Bowl win is what I'm talking about..screw deflategate
No, I'm fine with it, they still have to play and win. Sure it gives them an advantage, but it came down to a FG, so the Rams could've won.