If the "Big Fish" decides to swim in Miami waters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Who do you want?

I kind of like the idea of that fellow from Carolina. He worked well with Derek Anderson AND Fig Newton...whats your take?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Oxnard said:
Who do you want?

I kind of like the idea of that fellow from Carolina. He worked well with Derek Anderson AND Fig Newton...whats your take?

Chud.
Yep would be my first choice. If he can get the ghost of Derek Anderson to the pro bowl, then yeah.

Horton is my 2nd. For if no other reason, we might some day need to hear a who.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
I agree, Chudzinski may be a good hire, considering what he's done with other QBs and also considering we need offensive help badly. Horton sounds good to me though. The guy came in, without notes and blew away the Rams brass. He sounds like he has a real fire in his belly, and he had a detailed plan on how to turn things around (again he recited this plan with no notes whatsoever). I think this shows he spent a good amount of time thinking this over, which demonstrates to me a vested interest in the Rams organization. The other option I like if its even possible is the Iowa head coach, Kirk Ferentz. I don't think he's interested in the NFL though.

I'm honestly not too sold on Fisher. I'll be satisfied if he comes here, but the only things I really like are that he is famous for good O-lines and that he can bring in A list coordinators. But I don't think he is THE guy for a Billichek model team. I don't think he's proven that he is a Bellichek caliber coach. His model for a team is outdated, he wants to stop the run and run the ball in a league which now is all about passing and pass rush. He is the most likely to make us at least respectable next year, but I don't think he's going to make us into any kind of powerhouse. In my opinion, if Kronke is planning for the long term, Fisher is the ultimate hire. He can make us respectable, while Kronke prepares to make the next step. I don't think he is our home run coach for the next 7-10 years though.

My list: 1)Horton 2)Ferentz (Probably not possible) 3)Chudzinski

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Try for Zimmer.

If not, I'd consider...

1. Dennis Allen, the Denver DC.

2. Chuds

3. Horton, w/ a possible 3-4 shift.

IDK much about the Saints assistant.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only thing that scares me about Horton is the 3-4. We have SOLID 4-3 players in Long, JL, Quinn, and I feel that a 3-4 could prove detrimental to the foundation we have built. I feel like switching to a 3-4 would set us back pretty far.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yamahopper said:
Oxnard said:
Who do you want?

Chud.
Yep would be my first choice. If he can get the ghost of Derek Anderson to the pro bowl, then yeah.

Horton is my 2nd. For if no other reason, we might some day need to hear a who.

Sigh :sly:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Another nice thing about Chudzinski is hes also been a TE coach at the college and pro levels. Hes always coached good TEs. Im sure he played a big role in Carolina acquiring Greg Olsen and Shockey. Maybe he can work some magic with Uh Oh and Kendricks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oxnard said:
The only thing that scares me about Horton is the 3-4. We have SOLID 4-3 players in Long, JL, Quinn, and I feel that a 3-4 could prove detrimental to the foundation we have built. I feel like switching to a 3-4 would set us back pretty far.

The Texans did it in a lockout year.

It can be done. Quinn as OLB. JL/Chomberson the inside.

Need another pass rushing OLB and a NT. Probably looking at upgrades @ both anyway. Long could be like Justin Smith. A beast 3-4 end.

Although he could do like Mike Tomlin and leave it be, since Minnesota is a 4-3 team.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another thing I want, in the chance we hire Chud, is that he call his own plays. That eliminates the chance that Bradford has the continue learning new offenses. This kind of makes me want to hire Chud more than Fishy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Evan Silva @evansilva
If I'm Rams, I hire Chud, draft RG3, swing Sam to Skins for No. 6 & watch Griff straight light up The Ed. Rams pass Cards as STL hot ticket.

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
Evan Silva @evansilva
If I'm Rams, I hire Chud, draft RG3, swing Sam to Skins for No. 6 & watch Griff straight light up The Ed. Rams pass Cards as STL hot ticket.

If I'm Evan I shut the hell up because I don't know what I'm talking about.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
interference said:
Evan Silva @evansilva

Um, I think the Redskins would love to draft RG III. This is the kinda "eye popping" statements I thought we would hear during the offseason. Its not happening.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
JdashSTL said:
What do you guys think about Rick Dennison (Texans OC)?

Brilliant guy that defines system offense. He would need his type of players of course, a one cut RB that runs downhill along with Jackson and cutblocking (as close to legal cutblocking as possible lol) linemen like Texans and similar to Denver offenses under Shanahan. Approach very similar to those Bronco teams that it seemed like almost anyone could rush for 1000 yards/season. Pretty effective philosophy with some downfield verticle mixed in with west coast..

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
smram said:
JdashSTL said:
What do you guys think about Rick Dennison (Texans OC)?

Brilliant guy that defines system offense. He would need his type of players of course, a one cut RB that runs downhill along with Jackson and cutblocking (as close to legal cutblocking as possible lol) linemen like Texans and similar to Denver offenses under Shanahan. Approach very similar to those Bronco teams that it seemed like almost anyone could rush for 1000 yards/season. Pretty effective philosophy with some downfield verticle mixed in with west coast..

What he has done with the Texans this year has simply been brilliant. A guy like him would come in and you immediately know the identity of the offense that he wants to build.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Oxnard said:

The Texans did it in a lockout year.

It can be done. Quinn as OLB. JL/Chomberson the inside.

Need another pass rushing OLB and a NT. Probably looking at upgrades @ both anyway. Long could be like Justin Smith. A beast 3-4 end.

Although he could do like Mike Tomlin and leave it be, since Minnesota is a 4-3 team.

I'm sorry, Angry, but I have to agree with Oxnard. I really do think that the only thing that's separating us from 4-3 teams like the Giants and Bengals is a young stud at defensive tackle and more depth. That's it. And I really can't fathom seeing the Rams - a traditionally 4-3 team who employed not just one, but two versions of The Fearsome Foursome - turning into a 3-4 team. Maybe it's the Missourian (Cardinals, Blues, Tigers) in me coming out, but I don't like to see teams with that much history and tradition undergo such drastic changes.