If the #2 pick doesn't start immediately...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
What a good problem to have, a freakishly athletic linemen not starting because a former pro-bowler is actually playing good enough to warrant a starting position.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Excellent posts! Sure is a breath of fresh air, considering all the crazy posts out there right now about where GRob appears on the Ram's depth chart. Which happens to be backing up Jake Long & Roger Saffold.
As far as Joseph goes, though, I don't think he factors in here... Joseph didn't beat GRob out of a spot, because RG was never considered for GRob anyways. If anything, if something were to happen to Joseph, I would think Saffold would slide over to RG & GRob would take LG. I don't recall who Joseph's backup is, but I wouldn't think they'd drag one of our depth OL's out there if they still had Saffold available to fill that gap.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Excellent posts! Sure is a breath of fresh air, considering all the crazy posts out there right now about where GRob appears on the Ram's depth chart. Which happens to be backing up Jake Long & Roger Saffold.
As far as Joseph goes, though, I don't think he factors in here... Joseph didn't beat GRob out of a spot, because RG was never considered for GRob anyways. If anything, if something were to happen to Joseph, I would think Saffold would slide over to RG & GRob would take LG. I don't recall who Joseph's backup is, but I wouldn't think they'd drag one of our depth OL's out there if they still had Saffold available to fill that gap.
That is really a linear way of thinking about this. Obviously the backup situation is a bit complex in the sense that it involves shifting. Look at it more of putting the best 5 guys on the field. Long, Saffold, Wells, and Barksdale were unquestionably the top 4 barring injury. Joseph proved he was #5 and in that sense beat out G-Rob for a spot on the line.

If G-Rob would have been game ready and proved to be better right now than Joseph, Saffold would be moved back to RG and the LG spot would be G-Robs.

On a sidenote: Does anyone else read Rob Gronkowski on these forums when they see G Rob? My brain attempts that connection before anything else.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
A concern is voicing your opinion and moving on. Bitching is what a wife does when you havent mowed the lawn all weekend.

Dont be our wife.
Thank God for my gardener

Does anyone else read Rob Gronkowski on these forums when they see G Rob? My brain attempts that connection before anything else.
NO! and this better not start happening now

tragic891

UDFA
im fine with grob not starting
maybe he isnt ready...
#2 pick or not... if u have a better player in front u play that better player...