If Texans do NOT take Clowney, can you imagine...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
... the non stop phones ringing in the Rams draft room for that 10 minutes to follow?

I'd think they could get a swap this year, and that team's 1st rounder and 2nd rounder next year.
But mainly this post is about, can you imagine the trade offers that will come in immediately?

Wow.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I know. I know. If they don't take him they'll make a trade with someone who is going to take him. But what if the insane happens and they don't trade down, but they also don't take Clowney?

A55VA6

Legend
I think they'd have to pick Clowney unless the offer is substantial. No way in hell they pass on him if they make the pick and it's not Clowney. 2 teams passing on Clowney could kick themselves hard in the ass for the next 10 years. Especially when you can pair this guy with Quinn and Long, and let Laurinaitis, Long, and the other defensive leaders mentor him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think they'd have to pick Clowney unless the offer is substantial. 2 teams passing on Clowney could kick themselves hard in the ass for the next 10 years. Especially when you can pair this guy with Quinn and Long, and let Laurinaitis, Long, and the other defensive leaders mentor him.

Clowney couldn't have a better coach in his first contract in the NFL than Waufle

FRO

Legend
If Clowney is there at 2 we won't trade. He will be a Ram. Please Houston pick Mack.

A55VA6

Legend
Clowney couldn't have a better coach in his first contract in the NFL than Waufle
Agreed. He may not be the happiest here (because he probably won't start right away) but the Rams would be a great fit for him to succeed now and in the future.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If Clowney is there at 2 we won't trade. He will be a Ram. Please Houston pick Mack.
Yeah, you'd think so but don't you know there will be some awful juicy offers on the table. It will be a "no lose" situation but a sure pressure cooker in that war room for a very intense 10 minutes. I'd love to see film on that!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah, you'd think so but don't you know there will be some awful juicy offers on the table. It will be a "no lose" situation but a sure pressure cooker in that war room for a very intense 10 minutes. I'd love to see film on that!
I'd love to see film of Quinn and Clowney breaking crapondick and the midget QB from SEA in half!

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Then when would be get our much needed tier 1 OL ? At number 13? And when would be get our top tier WR and CB or Safety if we took Clowney at 1.2?

xander47

Rookie
I wouldn't want clowney because then the rams would have to pick lewan or Martin at 13. They've made it clear protecting Bradford was their number one priority. And lewan just scares the bejesus outta me, and Martin would be a reach. I'd much prefer Robinson then Donald if it had to be ol and dl for the first two picks