if tavon austin added weight but kept the speed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
fearsomefour said:
If a team keeps getting dinked and dunked, in particular if short catches keep going for intermediate gains a D is either going to have to bring in extra DBs regardless of personel on O or bring the S down, which means man coverage for Givens. I dont know how quickly it will click but when it does it should be fun to watch.
That's a good point. Austin is going to force a lot of defenses out of their base 4-3. As will Cook, I'd imagine. Which could be used to our advantage to get some decent runs in with Kendricks, Harkey or Potter as the lead blocker.
Which begs the question if Sam had THESE guys ,would people have complained about Shurmer's offense?

IMO with these guys and Sam as a rook, the WHOLE picture looks completely diff. Spags probably would still be here,cuz we'd have made the playoffs .

NOT BTW to rehash Spagsmackmania , just sayin' Sam + these guys + Shurmer is a lot of what youse guise are talkin, es verdad?

Personally, I was NEVER impressed with Shurmur as a play caller. Talented weapons or not... we've seen rocks with more imagination.
Ardunno CG the guy got a HC job out of it , so I don't think his "undoing" as X put it even occurred here.
McD hasn't ever shown me he can coach a great offense w/o Tom Brady who makes all his coaches look better.

Anyway , I thunk we dun good when we drafted and signed these guise, an' I still does. :tooth:

He got the HC gig in CLE because of the good ole boys network. Holmgren and PS knew each other from the past and that got him the job.

After one season Holmgren said he was taking play calling duties away from PS. The entire O in CLE was worse with him calling and designing plays than it was before with the same guys.

I was living there at the time and went over this with a certain never wrong poster. PS was a disaster in STL and CLE.