If Rams offense is off, is it time for Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just to play devils advocate here because it's fun to do sometimes. By your logic Keenum isn't going to hear my support anymore than the Rams will here my Goff chant from my couch.
You're misunderstanding my point (and maybe that's my fault, because I have many points swirling around in my head). WE (the members of ROD) can hear [see] it. The endless blasting of Keenum (and Fisher). Not only is it intolerable for *most* Rams fans, but it achieves nothing. We can't do anything about it, and the Rams can't hear you. So who are y'all lobbying to? Just venting, I guess? I mean, who wants to be around that all of the time? Most people just walk away from that kind of stuff because an echo chamber of negativity can be super annoying.

All I'm saying is that it would be cool if people would just chill out about it sometimes. Everyone who's a fan of this team is aware of what's going on. We know Keenum isn't the answer, and we know Fisher's offense can be irritating. But in the end, we're called to be fan(atics). Hoping for the best, even if it means expecting the worst. Sure you can have visceral reactions in real time. That's only natural. But to string it along for days, weeks, and even months is exactly what I said it was. Annoying. This is a community of fans, first and foremost, and the vision was to just get together and have fun without having to endure thread after thread after thread of that stuff. It's boring and unoriginal. Not to mention senselessly repetitive.

It would be like me coming into your house and you showing me a video tape of your kid's rehearsal. Maybe he plays the piano or whatever. You think it's good, but you know it's not great. You're just proud that he's out there doing his thing and enjoying himself. He's your kid, and you're proud of whatever he does. Meanwhile, I spend the next 30 minutes telling you how he's not as good as the kid down the block, how he seems to be tone deaf, how his pedal work is weak, how he should give up piano and pick up a tambourine, and how he'll never amount to anything. If that sorta thing doesn't bother you, then tell me what time to come over. I'll bring my dead horse.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
15 points in two weeks and only one touchdown is the best Wilson has to offer too, apparently.

And there isn't "so much love" for Keenum. It's simply showing support. Since none of us have the power to bench Keenum in favor of Goff, we support the guy on the field who's doing everything he can to help the team win. Why should that be considered a bad thing? And what does it accomplish to complain about it? Nobody on the Rams hears you. Nobody on the Rams cares.

Of course Goff needs to play. And he will. Eventually.

And Keenum did drive us down the field multiple times. Credit the Seahawks for keeping us out of the endzone, and credit us for doing the same to them. If Keenum is on the receiving end of another loss, then he's on the receiving end of another loss. Just remember your disdain for "QBs who lose games" when Goff gets in there and gets abused too. It's the nature of the beast, and it happens to all of them. And finally, a year or two or three from now, when Goff is the permanent starter, none of this will matter to you.

ed3731db4dd74ebfb01f0f54f4a98506.png

Watership Down quotes! Awesome

I have no idea what you are talking about.......

GO RAMS
VOTE GOFF 2016

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Of course Goff needs to play. And he will. Eventually.
Maybe we need to sticky this. Or put a huge redirect banner upon log in? Fly a blimp across the country? Hack into Google?
Untitled.gif

TexasRam

Legend
Jeff Fisher isn't the offensive coordinator.
I'm not sure everyone is aware of that.

Fisher is clearly the director of this horror flick called The Rams offense.

Boras is a puppet. He might have a say over which way we run or which horizontal pass we throw but clearly based on fishers statements we are going to run the ball even against a stacked box.

Come on man, it's the Fisher RB slaughter show part 15. I'm sure you have seen part 1-14 somewhere along the line.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
You're misunderstanding my point (and maybe that's my fault, because I have many points swirling around in my head). WE (the members of ROD) can hear [see] it. The endless blasting of Keenum (and Fisher). Not only is it intolerable for *most* Rams fans, but it achieves nothing. We can't do anything about it, and the Rams can't hear you. So who are y'all lobbying to? Just venting, I guess? I mean, who wants to be around that all of the time? Most people just walk away from that kind of stuff because an echo chamber of negativity can be super annoying.

All I'm saying is that it would be cool if people would just chill out about it sometimes. Everyone who's a fan of this team is aware of what's going on. We know Keenum isn't the answer, and we know Fisher's offense can be irritating. But in the end, we're called to be fan(atics). Hoping for the best, even if it means expecting the worst. Sure you can have visceral reactions in real time. That's only natural. But to string it along for days, weeks, and even months is exactly what I said it was. Annoying. This is a community of fans, first and foremost, and the vision was to just get together and have fun without having to endure thread after thread after thread of that stuff. It's boring and unoriginal. Not to mention senselessly repetitive.

It would be like me coming into your house and you showing me a video tape of your kid's rehearsal. Maybe he plays the piano or whatever. You think it's good, but you know it's not great. You're just proud that he's out there doing his thing and enjoying himself. He's your kid, and you're proud of whatever he does. Meanwhile, I spend the next 30 minutes telling you how he's not as good as the kid down the block, how he seems to be tone deaf, how his pedal work is weak, how he should give up piano and pick up a tambourine, and how he'll never amount to anything. If that sorta thing doesn't bother you, then tell me what time to come over. I'll bring my dead horse.

I had a long (winded) response written out but I'm changing it because I don't think it'll be taken as trying to be constructive rather it'll be labeled as continuing the complaining. So I'll just sum it up in a short response. Because person A has an opinion differing from person B it seems these days that person B has to challenge that person and try to invalidate the opinion. Person B assigns names and feelings on A like hater, and disrespectful and mean etc etc. There used to be a time when two people with differing views could have a discussion about the topic and weigh in with their views and at the end agree to disagree and kept on being civil. It seems now that isn't the way it works.

I'm sorry I think Goff even with his limitations and reported problems will still provide the Rams a better option at QB than Case Keenum. I think Case had a much improved performance week 2 over week 1 but I still don't think that improvement is enough. He has to get better, even our coach said we have to score TD's. Some people out there have a different view of the QB situation and feel the need to hotly debate it with me (and others). I welcome that discussion as long as people want to have an honest discussion and not throw around those hater names and be disrespectful. I thought that's what we did around here.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
thx -X-. The useless bytching and whining is getting tiresome And all the negative posts after beating a division rival. No. that's not good enough, Whaaa!!! We didn't score a TD/ Whaaa! We didn't start our #1 draft pick.

Fire Fisher. Fire Boras. Have to start Goff now, even though everyone on the tam knows he's not ready.

Yer all talking to a brick wall. Fisher's not going anywhere, and most likey is going to get an extension. Botas isn't going anywhere anytime soon either. And until Fisher thinks Goff is not going to be a turnover machine, he's not going to start.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
thx -X-. The useless bytching and whining is getting tiresome And all the negative posts after beating a division rival. No. that's not good enough, Whaaa!!! We didn't score a TD/ Whaaa! We didn't start our #1 draft pick.

Fire Fisher. Fire Boras. Have to start Goff now, even though everyone on the tam knows he's not ready.

Yikes!!
I didn't realize i was bitching and whining. My comments will stop on the topic I apologize. No more discussions about the team's offensive struggles.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher is clearly the director of this horror flick called The Rams offense.

Boras is a puppet. He might have a say over which way we run or which horizontal pass we throw but clearly based on fishers statements we are going to run the ball even against a stacked box.

Come on man, it's the Fisher RB slaughter show part 15. I'm sure you have seen part 1-14 somewhere along the line.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I had a long (winded) response written out but I'm changing it because I don't think it'll be taken as trying to be constructive rather it'll be labeled as continuing the complaining. So I'll just sum it up in a short response. Because person A has an opinion differing from person B it seems these days that person B has to challenge that person and try to invalidate the opinion. Person B assigns names and feelings on A like hater, and disrespectful and mean etc etc. There used to be a time when two people with differing views could have a discussion about the topic and weigh in with their views and at the end agree to disagree and kept on being civil. It seems now that isn't the way it works.

I'm sorry I think Goff even with his limitations and reported problems will still provide the Rams a better option at QB than Case Keenum. I think Case had a much improved performance week 2 over week 1 but I still don't think that improvement is enough. He has to get better, even our coach said we have to score TD's. Some people out there have a different view of the QB situation and feel the need to hotly debate it with me (and others). I welcome that discussion as long as people want to have an honest discussion and not throw around those hater names and be disrespectful. I thought that's what we did around here.
You've still got it all wrong. Nobody on this board thinks Goff isn't a better option than Keenum going forward. It's not about who's better than whom. It's about throwing a player under the bus in order to prop up another player, and subjecting every other poster on the board with reasons why Keenum is a suck bag in order to make that point - while dragging Fisher through the mud because he's the one who isn't making it happen for you. Nobody said you can't have a different opinion about whatever it is you're opining about. For the sake of argument let's say that 100% of the board agrees that Goff needs to play now. What's the next course of action? To use the board as a platform to let everyone know what a failure Fisher is for not succumbing to our collective will?

Really, at this point, I'm done with the circular discussion about something that should be incredibly obvious. What we do around here is avoid trashing the Rams. That's it. That means the coaches, the players, the front office, and the Ownership. Unconventional method of running a board, I know, but that's the way it is, was, and always will be. At least as long as I'm a member. So if you wanna say that Keenum has limitations, and the Rams will have a hard time sustaining success with him, or that they can't open up the offense as much as they could with Goff, then say it. Very few will disagree. Say Keenum is a noddle-armed QB who plays like shit because he's scared - or that Fisher is an idiot who has no idea how to run an NFL team, then expect some backlash.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I wish I could like this ten thousand times!!!!