If Rams offense is off, is it time for Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
I was thinking this was all on Boras too....but I had suspicions that it was something else...Looking at the clip in this post....http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/film-review-of-the-rams-passing-offense-from-game-1.46405/unread

https://all22filmreview.wordpress.c...o-49ers-1735-130-yards-2-int-2-sacks-allowed/

I think the problems are not Boras...not the wrs...not even the line, but squarely on Keenum's shoulders as he failed to attempt throws into tight windows downfield...perhaps he can't throw it that far....whatever the case, it still falls on Boras somewhat, as he's the one that put Keenum on the field with the knowledge that he can't throw certain routes....

I couldn't disagree more. When you see what we saw, it is rarely just one thing. I actually put most on Boras. He could have made adjustments- kept 2 tes more, or thrown a few more deep etc. He didn't. I thought the protection was awful, and they didn't run the ball. Bad set up for the QB- I agree Keenum could have played MUCH better, but it starts with the gameplan, playcalling which IMO was terrible.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Fisher brought in Singletary as a "Defensive Consultant" .... why couldn't/wouldn't he do something similar to help Boras and the Offense? I understand he is trying to give his "guy" a shot, but there probably is some WCO guru out there that would be willing to "consult" and help RB understand how to attack and counter what defenses are doing to them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I have a hard time fathoming why Fisher thinks he can win with Keenum. He says the winning record makes his case. But 3-2 doesn't scream greatness. And who were those wins against? One good team and they scored a defensive TD in that one. Otherwise its a meager 16 points.

Keenum showed why he shouldn't be more than a backup against the 49ers last season. With Gurley out he coulda put the team on his shoulders and showed why Fisher has confidence in him. Instead, he wasn't good enough to score more that 16 points against a weaker opponent.

If Keenum had decent passing numbers I could see it. But he'll struggle reach 200 yards most times. He won't even average a TD pass per game. Goff might make mistakes, but he can offset some of those with the plays he's more capable of making. And with Goff we at least have some hope things will get better. Do we have that hope with Keenum?

It won't take teams long to start looking for Keenum's rainbows and focus on getting an interception either.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
9 points in 2 games and zero TD's is STRUGGLING

But hey it was the best Case Keenum has to offer

I'm just curious why there is so much love for Keenum when we have the #1 pick in the entire NFL Draft who is clearly the most talented QB on the roster?

Goff needs to play

The fact Keenum couldn't drive us down the field and get 3 points to finish off the game isn't going to pay dividends when our defense isn't playing 100% lights out like they did Sunday

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
9 points in 2 games and zero TD's is STRUGGLING

But hey it was the best Case Keenum has to offer

I'm just curious why there is so much love for Keenum when we have the #1 pick in the entire NFL Draft who is clearly the most talented QB on the roster?

Goff needs to play

The fact Keenum couldn't drive us down the field and get 3 points to finish off the game isn't going to pay dividends when our defense isn't playing 100% lights out like they did Sunday
15 points in two weeks and only one touchdown is the best Wilson has to offer too, apparently.

And there isn't "so much love" for Keenum. It's simply showing support. Since none of us have the power to bench Keenum in favor of Goff, we support the guy on the field who's doing everything he can to help the team win. Why should that be considered a bad thing? And what does it accomplish to complain about it? Nobody on the Rams hears you. Nobody on the Rams cares.

Of course Goff needs to play. And he will. Eventually.

And Keenum did drive us down the field multiple times. Credit the Seahawks for keeping us out of the endzone, and credit us for doing the same to them. If Keenum is on the receiving end of another loss, then he's on the receiving end of another loss. Just remember your disdain for "QBs who lose games" when Goff gets in there and gets abused too. It's the nature of the beast, and it happens to all of them. And finally, a year or two or three from now, when Goff is the permanent starter, none of this will matter to you.

ed3731db4dd74ebfb01f0f54f4a98506.png

Bruce2980

Starter
The only possible reason for last week - is that that Fisher & Co do not see the 9r's winning the division and as such, saw that game as a throw-away game so as not to give any tape more tape to the Seahawks and Cardinals. Sort of an extended pre-season. There is no other reason or excuse as far as I can tell.
As dumb as your statement sounds, it almost makes since, WTF does that say about our coaching?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
15 points in two weeks and only one touchdown is the best Wilson has to offer too, apparently.
Your logic is flawed sir. Russel Wilson was never any good because he was drafted in the third round. As such his dismal performance is to be expected.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Your logic is flawed sir. Russel Wilson was never any good because he was drafted in the third round. As such his dismal performance is to be expected.
Guess you're right, since he got beat by an undrafted free agent.

…..

Legend
The entire forum has been struck with its annual bout with amnesia.

Everyone knows (pre amnesia knowledge) that the Rams never get the offense in gear until week 5. There's just not enough practice time, not enough reps. You can thank the collective bargaining agreement for that. The excuse used to be that Sam Bradford was on his 10th offensive coordinator learning his 10th playbook. But now that Sam's gone, we realized there were other demons at play here.

Coincidently.....week 5 is the week I predicted we'll see Jared Goff play. So there's that.

Feel free to predict the sky falling, but the offense is gonna suck until week 5 by other forces not named Case Keenum. Lets just hope we don't have enough suckage to lose. We need to suck just enough to win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And there isn't "so much love" for Keenum. It's simply showing support. Since none of us have the power to bench Keenum in favor of Goff, we support the guy on the field who's doing everything he can to help the team win. Why should that be considered a bad thing? And what does it accomplish to complain about it? Nobody on the Rams hears you. Nobody on the Rams cares.

Of course Goff needs to play. And he will. Eventually.

And Keenum did drive us down the field multiple times. Credit the Seahawks for keeping us out of the endzone, and credit us for doing the same to them. If Keenum is on the receiving end of another loss, then he's on the receiving end of another loss. Just remember your disdain for "QBs who lose games" when Goff gets in there and gets abused too. It's the nature of the beast, and it happens to all of them. And finally, a year or two or three from now, when Goff is the permanent starter, none of this will matter to you.

ed3731db4dd74ebfb01f0f54f4a98506.png
Just to play devils advocate here because it's fun to do sometimes. By your logic Keenum isn't going to hear my support anymore than the Rams will here my Goff chant from my couch.

I get what you're saying and it does get tiring all the negativity. I acknowledge it the post game threads that the offense was better this week and it was against a better defense. But it has to improve because we won't win many gams without offensive TDs, Fisher said the same in his post game presser so this isn't an earth shattering claim I know. Personally I think Goff gives us as good of a chance to win as Keenum. That's not me being negative it's just my opinion of the two QBs. And yes I know with my opinion and a couple dollars you might be able to get a chia pet! I also don't expect me having an opinion to influence the Rams to make a decision, to claim that is just delusional and I don't drink that much. But I will keep on voicing my opinion in the least negative and devisive way I can here.

TexasRam

Legend
Jeff Fishers stubbornness in running the ball vs a stack defense makes a great case study in Tunnel Vision.

Let's let Websters help us out here..

Tunnel Vision - the tendency to focus exclusively on a single or limited goal or point of view.

Which is also often related to insanity.

Insanity- Extreme foolishness or irrationality.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fisher gave Keenum a game Ball after the Win Yesterday! Guess who will be starting against The Buc's!!?! Hint! Last name starts wit K!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jeff Fishers stubbornness in running the ball vs a stack defense makes a great case study in Tunnel Vision.
Jeff Fisher isn't the offensive coordinator.
I'm not sure everyone is aware of that.