if Rams draft Watkins......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
...then I would like to see them trade Givens. Watkins would essentually replace what Givens provided and so much more. You could probably get back the 4th they spent on Givens or at least a 5th. This would especially be needed if they stick at #2 and take him. No sense having so many you g WRs in a ball control running game, so use that extra pock for depth elswhere or trade up ammo.

Alan

Legend
I doubt we'd pick up a player as good as Givens with a 4th or 5th round pick. I'd rather we see how TC and the preseason play out because I'm thinking we might have other WRs with less talent than Givens. Like Pettis. We can always try and trade a marginal WR right before the season starts and get an extra pick next year.

Ram_of_Old

I love Watkins...but he is 6'1". With cornerbacks in the NFL going at 6'3" and more, it could be a challenge.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Dont have the numbers in front of me but I would bet the average CB highth in the NFL is around 5'10 not 6'3, not very many of those guys out there.

iced

...then I would like to see them trade Givens. Watkins would essentually replace what Givens provided and so much more. You could probably get back the 4th they spent on Givens or at least a 5th. This would especially be needed if they stick at #2 and take him. No sense having so many you g WRs in a ball control running game, so use that extra pock for depth elswhere or trade up ammo.

The Rams don't have a ball control running offense with bradford....

lockdnram21

Legend
The Rams don't have a ball control running offense with bradford....

yea they do snead already said he expects stacy to run the ball more.i think our offense will look like the jets when sanchez went to afc championship game. Sam might pass just a little more

iced

yea they do snead already said he expects stacy to run the ball more.i think our offense will look like the jets when sanchez went to afc championship game. Sam might pass just a little more

got a quote? I don't recall snead saying this.

And no, Stacy averaged 16 carries a game w/ Bradford at QB, which is good enough for middle of the league in rushing attempts. It was a higher pass ratio

wrstdude

Rookie
got a quote? I don't recall snead saying this.

And no, Stacy averaged 16 carries a game w/ Bradford at QB, which is good enough for middle of the league in rushing attempts. It was a higher pass ratio

I think it's implied that next season, even w/ Bradford back, you will see an increase in carries from Stacy and a lower amount of passes.

You can set up the run w/ the pass or set up the pass w/ the run. I think most feel the Rams favor the latter next season.

iced

I think it's implied that next season, even w/ Bradford back, you will see an increase in carries from Stacy and a lower amount of passes.

You can set up the run w/ the pass or set up the pass w/ the run. I think most feel the Rams favor the latter next season.

Lol think some people are in for a shock then. Pass/run ratio in 3 games w/ Sammy:

Pass/Stacy attempts
34/14 - Vs Jax
16/18 - @ Hou
30/17 - @ Carolina

Team Rushing @ Houston was 24 attempts. Bradford technically had 17 attempts (1 called back for JJ watt offsides). Anyway, Bradford's last pass before the game was in hand was his touchdown to Brian Quick. Even with the Rams holding a lead the majority of the game (17-6 at half), this game was the closest to an even balance that they had (16/17 Pass attempts to stacy's 15 attempts)... They never passed again after this TD, which was at 7:46 in the 3rd quarter. They didn't get the ball back until 12 mins in the 4th quarter, which by then they were in run out the clock mode with the lead 38-6.

The Run Heavy offense the Rams ran with Clemens is not anywhere near remotely the same as what they run with Bradford.

Alan

Legend
The key here lockdnram is this:
"The key here: The Rams expect him to start in all 16 games in 2014." I believe that average carries per game will decrease. Plus, I'm not buy what Snead is selling. Snead is neither the OC or HC.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Heck, if Stacy runs the ball well then we'll have a very balanced attack.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
the point is were so run heavy that that first pick will most likely go to Robinson or Matthews so we will miss out on Watkins

I like Watkins, i just don't consider him a freak WR. Hes a dang good WR, but he has average height and really doesnt run that great of routes. Then again, i dont think he really had to. He was my favorite player going into this draft before Robinson ran a 4.92 at 332.

Robinson is a freak. If he had Mathews's technique the he'd be considered the best player in the draft, period. I'm kinda glad he doesn't because he'd be a top two pick and we couldn't trade down.

Kail Mack is a super freak. 4.44 forty at 237 and has great instincts? Holy cow! I'd prefer him over Watkind, too.

In the end I wann see what Quick and Bailey can do. We're still waiting... :?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like Watkins, i just don't consider him a freak WR. Hes a dang good WR, but he has average height and really doesnt run that great of routes. Then again, i dont think he really had to. He was my favorite player going into this draft before Robinson ran a 4.92 at 332.

Robinson is a freak. If he had Mathews's technique the he'd be considered the best player in the draft, period. I'm kinda glad he doesn't because he'd be a top two pick and we couldn't trade down.

Kail Mack is a super freak. 4.44 forty at 237 and has great instincts? Holy cow! I'd prefer him over Watkind, too.

Jesus, could you think how good Robinson would be if he had Matthews technique? Even me, a guy who really doesn't want a tackle early would wish to grab him at #2. He would be a better prospect than Pace even. But yea, anyways, he doesn't so a mute point I guess. Still nice to dream of that imaginary beast.

I am so torn with our #2, not with trading back(which I want), but with who I want. Robinson, Matthews, Mack, Watkins, etc. Just wish the draft would hurry up and be over with. The moving of the draft pisses me off more and more every damn day.

I also agree with you about Watkins. Every day it seems I want him, and then the next I don't.

lockdnram21

Legend

I want to see them to. i also think Givens will bounce back from his slump. I think he has most of Watkins game not all but most and if works on it he can get all ofit. Givens is faster and i think part of the reason he wasnt effective early on was because we didnt have a run game. It msde it easier to key on him. Later in the seaon he looked like he was getting open more. i still envision Quick and Givens on the outside

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I want to see them to. i also think Givens will bounce back from his slump. I think he has most of Watkins game not all but most and if works on it he can get all ofit. Givens is faster and i think part of the reason he wasnt effective early on was because we didnt have a run game. It msde it easier to key on him. Later in the seaon he looked like he was getting open more. i still envision Quick and Givens on the outside

Givens was suppose to break out last year in a big way. The offense was stifled in the run department early which eventually crushed our passing game. The crap snowballed fast before we got a handle on it. It just can't happen in this division.

Givens dissappointing season was second to Quick 's. I read other posts from guys that said "he was getting open consistently but Clemens never looked his way." I REALLY hope that's all it was, but I'm not convinced that's the whole story.