If Mariota drops to Pick 10 Then?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9385/marcus-mariota
ESPN's Adam Schefter says there's a "real sense" Tampa Bay has its sights set on Oregon QB Marcus Mariota at No. 1 overall.Schefter concedes that "many NFL executives and scouts believe Florida State's Jameis Winston is the best pro quarterback prospect in this draft." But perhaps the Bucs and new OC Dirk Koetter see things differently, placing more stock in Mariota's mobility and clean off-field resume. More likely, there's just a lot of speculation out there right now with the draft still three months away. We're skeptical the Bucs have come close to making up their mind yet.

It seems hard for me to think that is possible. This Florida Tampa Bay team has a chance to select a Florida 2013 Heisman Trophy winner who played for Florida State who brought home the National Championship in 2013 to Florida would pass him over for a far NW area QB?

Would put the NY Jets in a fine spot there @ #6 to take a high profile Jameis Winston to New York with the Defensive minded new HC. Leaving Geno Smith ex West Virginia QB who made his fame throwing to Rams WR's Tavon Austin & Stedman Bailey...... being thrown out into the NY streets as trade bait for a QB starved NFL. Guess Tavon & Stedman would be interested. Jets are in serious need for a several starting CB's Rams do have a few extra i.e. Trumaine Johnson.

iced

It seems hard for me to think that is possible. This Florida Tampa Bay team has a chance to select a Florida 2013 Heisman Trophy winner who played for Florida State who brought home the National Championship in 2013 to Florida would pass him over for a far NW area QB?

Would put the NY Jets in a fine spot there @ #6 to take a high profile Jameis Winston to New York with the Defensive minded new HC. Leaving Geno Smith ex West Virginia QB who made his fame throwing to Rams WR's Tavon Austin & Stedman Bailey...... being thrown out into the NY streets as trade bait for a QB starved NFL. Guess Tavon & Stedman would be interested.

Winston has a lot of off the field issues and was not all that overly impressive this year, especially with what was regarded as a weak schedule to begin with. When he saw a real defense, he struggled.. especially against Florida - less than 200 yards and 4 picks

And after Manziel, I think teams might be a little bit more hesitant when it comes to that first round investment.. but all it takes is one, and i'm sure there's a sucker out there.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yeah, its a good thing the Rams didnt waste a pick on Rodgers, going with that "sure thing" in Alex Barron.... Ugh....
Yeah, the decision to pass on Rodgers is bad in hindsight (and the one to take Barron was just plain bad), but at the time, taking a 1st round QB with Bulger only having done a year of his big contract didn't make draft sense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, the decision to pass on Rodgers is bad in hindsight (and the one to take Barron was just plain bad), but at the time, taking a 1st round QB with Bulger only having done a year of his big contract didn't make draft sense.
I forgot the blue font. Was making a joke

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'm on the phone with Oakland if Mariota is still sitting there at 4, at least asking the price. Oakland needs a lot except for QB and likely is willing to listen. Don't see us trading with the Skins, although that would be ironic in so many ways, and don't see Mariota getting by the Jets at 6. The move from 10 to 4 would be painful but the upside in a position of need is worth a lot of thought. Hopefully the Rams aren't in the position next year of having a top 10 pick so need to strike while the pain is less.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winston has a lot of off the field issues and was not all that overly impressive this year, especially with what was regarded as a weak schedule to begin with. When he saw a real defense, he struggled.. especially against Florida - less than 200 yards and 4 picks

And after Manziel, I think teams might be a little bit more hesitant when it comes to that first round investment.. but all it takes is one, and i'm sure there's a sucker out there.

Hopefully us. We could use a franchise QB.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nope. That's the point of having your own scouting department.

I'd trust my evaluation of him.

Other teams can be stupid.
I gotta disagree a little but get what your saying.

If the needy, grasp at straws, willing to pay the price for a player aren't biting then a GM really needs to think it over. Play on field is only part of it. The interviews, medicals, background play a large part of it that high in the draft. And when the player is the last real immediate option in the draft and gets passed over that's not good.
Sure a lot of stupid teams but not all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta disagree a little but get what your saying.

If the needy, grasp at straws, willing to pay the price for a player aren't biting then a GM really needs to think it over. Play on field is only part of it. The interviews, medicals, background play a large part of it that high in the draft. And when the player is the last real immediate option in the draft and gets passed over that's not good.
Sure a lot of stupid teams but not all.

And this is stuff you've done yourself. Again, trust your evaluation. Let other teams make their own mistakes. There are so many examples of teams passing on players inexplicably.

You are a GM for a reason. Trust your own ability.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
And this is stuff you've done yourself. Again, trust your evaluation. Let other teams make their own mistakes. There are so many examples of teams passing on players inexplicably.

You are a GM for a reason. Trust your own ability.
Maybe he doesn't like him either. That might be hard for the fans to take. We know so little what goes on behind the scenes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe he doesn't like him either. That might be hard for the fans to take. We know so little what goes on behind the scenes.

Well, that's a different story. That's the GM's job to determine.

Regardless, I'm going to trust my evaluation. So if Mariota falls, I say draft him.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Well, that's a different story. That's the GM's job to determine.

Regardless, I'm going to trust my evaluation. So if Mariota falls, I say draft him.

It's not that I'm down on Mariota. I think he can be a top ten QB.
It's I doubt the Rams as they are set up can give him the support to fully utilize his talent. I'm much better with it since Schotty left town, but still waiting to see who the OC is.
If he's a Ram that's great. But they have to set the scheme to fit him.