If Mariota drops to Pick 10 Then?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CeeDub

UDFA
Name
LUVDARAMS
With the Nick Foles trade rumors swirling this week you might have to think if Marcus Mariota drops in the draft and he falls to pick #10 where the Rams reside at the moment things could get interesting. In looking at the post season college all star games the rookie QB market is as bad as it has ever been, the East West Shrine Game had undraftable QB's and Senior Bowl had 4th-7th round QB's at best with none to seriously challenge Sam Bradford for a starting spot though Garrett Grayson intrigue's me. Which brings me to Nick Foles. He had a Pro-Bowl 2013 and I think maybe injuries hindered his performance along with the loss of Desean Jackson who is a top 10 talent when healthy, Maclin is good but Jackson is a difference maker.

If Mariota somehow drops to #10 then Rams should be on the phone with Philly or Philly might beat them, now its time to work out a deal that would send Nick Foles, # 2, and #4 pick in 2015 to the Rams for the Rams # 10 pick and Janoris Jenkins and Philly is able to get their franchise QB and knock out another need they have and the Rams get a proven QB who can challenge and push Sam for starting job and we recoup the two picks we gave up in Barron trade. I really think Fish might be ready to get rid of Janoris who is an above average cornerback but just not disciplined enough for the Gregg Williams scheme and I think Fish is just tired of it and E.J. Gaines makes Janoris expendable. If I have to live through another double move TD Janoris gives up then I am just going to break my TV.

With the 20th pick the Rams select P.J. Williams from Florida State and you say why, this pick would allow Fish to move Trumaine Johnson to FS to compete with Rodney McLeod, Tru has great ball skills and coverage ability and might be much better on the back end of the defense, we definitely need someone with better coverage ability for the better passing teams we will face.

With the two 2nd Round selections the Rams address the OL, the free agent market for interior lineman is not that great and we will need to overspend to get one of the good ones, my opinion would be to get either the center from Oakland or the center from KC, Iupati and Orlando Franklin do not excite me for our OG needs as both have short comings. Iupati is liability in pass game and Franklin is more for zone-blocking scheme. Some good picks for OL would be Arie Koundjo from Alabama and Donavon Smith from Penn State, these are two solid OL prospects who could start at left guard and right tackle from Day 1, our OL goes from a weakness to a strength.

The third round would be dedicated to WR to replace Chris Givens who can't get past the mental aspect of being a receiver (he can't forget the last bad play). I believe we look for another speed vertical threat that we are sorely missing as this will open up things for Tavon in the middle of the field. Tavon is just to small to be consistent vertical threat as you need someone who can high point the catch over the DB. Look for us to target someone like Philip Dorsett or Devon Smith.

The 4th round should be allocated for LB and I am thinking someone like Stephen Anthony from Clemson would be good fit for Strong side backer to develop and maybe start year 1, I do believe we will sign someone in free agency who could start for maybe a year or two.

5th Round should be allocated to developmental OG/C type like the Garcia kid from Florida who can use a year or two to develop in pro system and challenge for a job down the line but provide some insurance in the event of injury.

Knowing Les Snead he might trade away our final draft picks if they are not comp picks as this is not a deep draft so our FA rookie signings will be up this year.

Let me know what you think?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't like this plan for a multitude of reasons.

1. I pick Mariota at #10 unless Philly surprises me with an offer I can't refuse.

2. I don't share your opinion of Jenkins, and I don't think Fisher does either. (But you could convince me the G Will isn't fond of him) I think Tru is the one on the chopping block more than Jenkins.

3. Which brings up my next point, Tru isn't going to be put in the FS spot. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if TJ starts at what is technically known as the "FS" spot in our base defense with Barron lined up as SS next year. Which would mean Mcleod or Joyner could play the FS role in those big nickel packages.

Now I agree with you on a couple of points as well.

1. I definitely think UFA center is the way to go. Iupati and Franklin are bigger risks. I like Hudson best.

2. I also think we need to use 2 higher draft choices on our O line. We have had to many injuries to not have adequate back ups anymore.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! Welcome to ROD!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Mariota falls to the 10th pick we thank baby jesus, pick mariota, and become serious superbowl contenders within the next 2-3 years
Can-I-get-an-AMEN-3F-21-3F-21.jpg

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Uh....we pick Mariota unless they want to give us an RG3 type deal, and even then I'm not sure I'd take it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Welcome to ROD

I would listen to offers but I don't like Foles all that much and would prefer to draft Marriota and develop him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Welcome to ROD

I would listen to offers but I don't like Foles all that much and would prefer to draft Marriota and develop him.
I don't like Foles either. At least with Mariota there's an unknown quantifier there. That's a risk, obviously, but i really like his upside.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he makes it past 9 other teams and / or no other team trades up for him I'm passing. There has to be a flaw that causes him to drop.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It depends on why he drops, but if it's a case similar to that of Teddy Bridgewater's fall last year (which was ridiculous), I take him and say thank you very much.

ausmurp

Starter
I would take Foles over Mariotta. I think in your deal scenario Rams are getting fleeced though. If he falls to 10 we simply swap picks with Philly and they give us Foles and a 3rd rd pick. Fair deal both ways and we get a top 10 QB who cam lead us to the playoffs.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd pick Mariota at #10. Wouldn't touch Winston unless he somehow fell into the 5th round or lower (since we don't have a 4th.)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like a really good person when you look at that page. I bet he is somewhere in the middle of what the media is portraying. The magic question is how much does it cost to go get him? I really like his game, he's what McNabb shoulda been as a passer IMO.

Agreed. Not a saint but not the monster he was portrayed as either.

paceram

Pro Bowler
With the Nick Foles trade rumors swirling this week you might have to think if Marcus Mariota drops in the draft and he falls to pick #10 where the Rams reside at the moment things could get interesting. In looking at the post season college all star games the rookie QB market is as bad as it has ever been, the East West Shrine Game had undraftable QB's and Senior Bowl had 4th-7th round QB's at best with none to seriously challenge Sam Bradford for a starting spot though Garrett Grayson intrigue's me. Which brings me to Nick Foles. He had a Pro-Bowl 2013 and I think maybe injuries hindered his performance along with the loss of Desean Jackson who is a top 10 talent when healthy, Maclin is good but Jackson is a difference maker.

If Mariota somehow drops to #10 then Rams should be on the phone with Philly or Philly might beat them, now its time to work out a deal that would send Nick Foles, # 2, and #4 pick in 2015 to the Rams for the Rams # 10 pick and Janoris Jenkins and Philly is able to get their franchise QB and knock out another need they have and the Rams get a proven QB who can challenge and push Sam for starting job and we recoup the two picks we gave up in Barron trade. I really think Fish might be ready to get rid of Janoris who is an above average cornerback but just not disciplined enough for the Gregg Williams scheme and I think Fish is just tired of it and E.J. Gaines makes Janoris expendable. If I have to live through another double move TD Janoris gives up then I am just going to break my TV.

With the 20th pick the Rams select P.J. Williams from Florida State and you say why, this pick would allow Fish to move Trumaine Johnson to FS to compete with Rodney McLeod, Tru has great ball skills and coverage ability and might be much better on the back end of the defense, we definitely need someone with better coverage ability for the better passing teams we will face.

With the two 2nd Round selections the Rams address the OL, the free agent market for interior lineman is not that great and we will need to overspend to get one of the good ones, my opinion would be to get either the center from Oakland or the center from KC, Iupati and Orlando Franklin do not excite me for our OG needs as both have short comings. Iupati is liability in pass game and Franklin is more for zone-blocking scheme. Some good picks for OL would be Arie Koundjo from Alabama and Donavon Smith from Penn State, these are two solid OL prospects who could start at left guard and right tackle from Day 1, our OL goes from a weakness to a strength.

The third round would be dedicated to WR to replace Chris Givens who can't get past the mental aspect of being a receiver (he can't forget the last bad play). I believe we look for another speed vertical threat that we are sorely missing as this will open up things for Tavon in the middle of the field. Tavon is just to small to be consistent vertical threat as you need someone who can high point the catch over the DB. Look for us to target someone like Philip Dorsett or Devon Smith.

The 4th round should be allocated for LB and I am thinking someone like Stephen Anthony from Clemson would be good fit for Strong side backer to develop and maybe start year 1, I do believe we will sign someone in free agency who could start for maybe a year or two.

5th Round should be allocated to developmental OG/C type like the Garcia kid from Florida who can use a year or two to develop in pro system and challenge for a job down the line but provide some insurance in the event of injury.

Knowing Les Snead he might trade away our final draft picks if they are not comp picks as this is not a deep draft so our FA rookie signings will be up this year.

Let me know what you think?

If Mariota makes it to #10 I sincerely hope Fisher and/or Snead RUN to the Podium to select him! They might trip over themselves getting there over the shock of him still being available!

WestCoastRam

Legend
I can't imagine Mariota dropping to 10. I'm not a fan of him at 1 in this draft but at 10 and with the chance to sit him a year behind Bradford. I think it would be great.

Though if the Eagles offered something near what Washington did, I don't know how you turn that down. We'd be almost guaranteed any QB in the draft the following year with that haul.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't imagine Mariota dropping to 10. I'm not a fan of him at 1 in this draft but at 10 and with the chance to sit him a year behind Bradford. I think it would be great.

Though if the Eagles offered something near what Washington did, I don't know how you turn that down. We'd be almost guaranteed any QB in the draft the following year with that haul.

This. I'd take Mariota unless Philly is willing to offer something like:
Foles
2nd(or 3rd)
2016 1st

WestCoastRam

Legend
This. I'd take Mariota unless Philly is willing to offer something like:
Foles
2nd(or 3rd)
2016 1st

Yes! Something Jrry and I can agree on. That would be one hell of a trade. I think Foles has actually shown that if you protect him with a good run game (which the Eagles did not have last year) that he can be an above average passer.