If I was Stan Kroenke I would...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
- Sit down with key players (Bradford, Jackson, Long, Laurinaitis) and discuss how they feel about the leadership
- Keep Spagnulo and Josh McDaniels for at least another year (unless players do not feel they can play with them)
- Talk to Al Harris about becoming a DB coach, and hire him if interested.
- Talk to Josh McDaniels about hiring a QB coach, probably offer position to his brother if interested
- Talk to Dungy about possibly becoming a Football Guru for the Rams as their President.
- Since Dungy would probably not be interested (just being realistic), I would then talk to Jeff Fisher or possibly other options.
- Find a new offensive line coach
- Probably explore options for a new WR coach
- Look into a new medical staff or something to maybe help with the injuries
- Discuss with Spagnuolo if he feels he would be better with a new DC (not that Flajole is horrible, but I don't know know how much he's really doing)

Just to start... But if I was him this is most likely what I would be looking at doing.

Just interested in seeing what people would do if in his shoes

superfan24

Starter
Completely agree with every point, except I'm not big on hiring Fisher as a President. But I have no idea who else we would hire.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd take the team on a cruise and mingle heavily.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im still conflicted on McD. Id hate to see Bradford have to change systems again but if that happens he gets the chance to have a normal offseason to learn it. What was the biggest thing Bradford had to learn? The terminology, right? Well if we go back to the WCO we should be OK, right? McD didnt help his coaching resume with this seasons offensive performance but as long as it improves next season he could be gone. We werent even close to a offensive juggernaut last year and Shurmur still drew enough interest from Holmgren to take a HC job.

If were gonna stay committed to this we have to find offensive position coaches familiar with his system. Its just a smart move for both the short-term and long-term. Get Brandon Lloyd resigned and maybe look for a couple other veteran players familiar with this system.

I make sure Spags, McD, and Bradford get together right away so they can watch plenty of tape (all of Bradfords games, Pats offense, Broncos offense) and get on the same page.

I have a meeting with Spags, Demoff, and Devaney telling them that im deciding to bring in a football czar just like Holmgren in Cleveland. When that person arrives he needs to sit down with Spags and Devaney and discuss the direction this team is moving in. For me, Dungy seems like a perfect fit to offer plenty of helpful advice for everyone in the organization and he can be the voice of the organization. Now when it comes to responsibilities I dont know what exact powers he would have lol. I dont even know exactly what Holmgren does in Cleveland besides final say on draft picks and coaching hirings. What makes him different from a GM? What role does his GM play?

Anonymous

None of the above. Biggest problem this team faces is the future loss of fans at the games. SK's tenure as majority owner thus far has been one of silence. At a time when the team stinks on the field (add any of the plethora of excuses you wish :yawn: ) and it's staying in St. Louis is still contractually threatened he needs to speak directly to the fans as to his long term commitment to keeping the Rams in St. Louis. Everything thing else is secondary.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
None of the above. Biggest problem this team faces is the future loss of fans at the games. SK's tenure as majority owner thus far has been one of silence. At a time when the team stinks on the field (add any of the plethora of excuses you wish :yawn: ) and it's staying in St. Louis is still contractually threatened he needs to speak directly to the fans as to his long term commitment to keeping the Rams in St. Louis. Everything thing else is secondary.
Never gonna happen.

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

Then don't be surprised that attendance suffers no matter what he does with personnel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

Then don't be surprised that attendance suffers no matter what he does with personnel.
Yeah yeah yeah. Everyone blusters about boycotting games, but it never happens. Winning puts butts in the seats, and that's likely all he's focused on right now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

los_111116_Farmers_Field_SOT.jpg

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

Yeah yeah yeah. Everyone blusters about boycotting games, but it never happens. Winning puts butts in the seats, and that's likely all he's focused on right now.

Except in St. Louis it's not bluster. I've seen this before in '86-'87 when there were just the unnamed source rumblings about wanting more money....the desire of luxury box revenues other owners had.....all the while putting forth a shitty product. The fans starting staying away. This silence from SK is starting to be viewed in the same way given the UNPRECEDENTED shitty seasons.....seriously the football Cardinals were never this terrible....EVER. If SK wants the seats bought for 2012.....first commit to the fans in St. Louis.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

Except in St. Louis it's not bluster. I've seen this before in '86-'87 when there were just the unnamed source rumblings about wanting more money....the desire of luxury box revenues other owners had.....all the while putting forth a shitty product. The fans starting staying away. This silence from SK is starting to be viewed in the same way given the UNPRECEDENTED shitty seasons.....seriously the football Cardinals were never this terrible....EVER. If SK wants the seats bought for 2012.....first commit to the fans in St. Louis.

Like X said, it's never going to happen. Look at it from a business standpoint: Kroenke loses all of his leverage if he outright states that the team will stay in St. Louis or move to Los Angeles. If he says that the team stays in St. Louis, he's going to be forced to build upon the stadium or build a new one entirely. That doesn't come cheap. If he states that the team will move, he will lose a lot of his St. Louis fanbase, and therefore lose a lot of money in the process.

Keeping your options open is always the best practice in business. I hate it, but that's the way things have been since the era of Carnegie and Rockefeller.

Anonymous

Memento said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Never gonna happen.

Except in St. Louis it's not bluster. I've seen this before in '86-'87 when there were just the unnamed source rumblings about wanting more money....the desire of luxury box revenues other owners had.....all the while putting forth a cruddy product. The fans starting staying away. This silence from SK is starting to be viewed in the same way given the UNPRECEDENTED cruddy seasons.....seriously the football Cardinals were never this terrible....EVER. If SK wants the seats bought for 2012.....first commit to the fans in St. Louis.

Like X said, it's never going to happen. Look at it from a business standpoint: Kroenke loses all of his leverage if he outright states that the team will stay in St. Louis or move to Los Angeles. If he says that the team stays in St. Louis, he's going to be forced to build upon the stadium or build a new one entirely. That doesn't come cheap. If he states that the team will move, he will lose a lot of his St. Louis fanbase, and therefore lose a lot of money in the process.

Keeping your options open is always the best practice in business. I hate it, but that's the way things have been since the era of Carnegie and Rockefeller.

What leverage with St. Louis or the state of MO do you think he has to get what? There won't be a new stadium for the Rams unless he takes on the majority of the cost. Busch 3 involved Dewitt and partners to pony up 80%. At issue is selling tickets. No commitment with SILENCE gets far fewer tickets sold. Note that the comparison was with the Cardinals.....the Rams have far less capital with the city or the state. SK's silence is negatively impacting the fans....just a further continuation of a recent history of a clusterfuck of a marketing/public relations history for the team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're so dramatic.

And....... never gonna happen.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fans cannot expect to be able to protest their team to send a message. Especially when there is a group that is willing to pay for a new stadium, cover cost of moving/any penalties, and market the shit out of your team in the entertainment capital of the world. Say what you want about LA and football, AEG has a lot of power and can market a team and sell tickets. If fans in St. Louis think that their refusal to buy tickets will make Kroenke listen to their demands, they're going to have one less sport to watch.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
Fans cannot expect to be able to protest their team to send a message. Especially when there is a group that is willing to pay for a new stadium, cover cost of moving/any penalties, and market the shyte out of your team in the entertainment capital of the world. Say what you want about LA and football, AEG has a lot of power and can market a team and sell tickets. If fans in St. Louis think that their refusal to buy tickets will make Kroenke listen to their demands, they're going to have one less sport to watch.

No, fans that can see the similarities with '86 and'87 will likely think twice. Not to '88 yet but the road is starting to look familiar.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
Fans cannot expect to be able to protest their team to send a message. Especially when there is a group that is willing to pay for a new stadium, cover cost of moving/any penalties, and market the shyte out of your team in the entertainment capital of the world. Say what you want about LA and football, AEG has a lot of power and can market a team and sell tickets. If fans in St. Louis think that their refusal to buy tickets will make Kroenke listen to their demands, they're going to have one less sport to watch.

No, fans that can see the similarities with '86 and'87 will likely think twice. Not to '88 yet but the road is starting to look familiar.
The NFL doesn't care one bit about St Louis' baggage with the moved Cardinals. If too many fans decide not to show up for games because of that, then they won't have football to not show up for. The current climate dictates that the Rams must have fan support, whether they're good or not. Sucks, but you're dealing with people who have stupid amounts of money, and expect to earn even larger amounts of stupid money.

Think of it like this: If you offer a homeless man a day old sandwich, with the promise of a fresh sandwich tomorrow, and he says he'll wait for the fresh one, you're going to give it to someone who'll take it gladly, including the fresh one tomorrow.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
If I were Stan K, I would shock the whole organization and would appear on 60 minutes and say he plead to keep the team in St. Louis. ....Real Talk.
Or.......Or from his publicist.

Happy New Year.

Anonymous

X said:
You're so dramatic.

And....... never gonna happen.

No drama merely the experience of living through it before. You want the fans then commit to them instead of embracing the appearance of leading them on until you free agent your team somewhere else during tough economic times after serving up shit burger season after shit burger season etc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going for the hat trick here now.

"Never gonna happen."

Look, I understand what you're saying, but it's just not going to happen. I know that's what you want, but even you have to realize that kind of statement is PR suicide. Even if he's not even contemplating it now, if he moves the team in 20 years, that kind of statement will be on the record and replayed a billion times. That said, you might hear something about his commitment to St Louis "right now" and how he is dedicated to bringing the city a winning Franchise, but you won't hear him say "We're not going anywhere - ever." You just won't.