If I was Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Sam Bradford is out. Shawn Hill will start at QB. The Rams have a great defense that could be one of the best they've ever had. The team will compete no matter who the QB is this year. If I'm Jeff Fisher and Lea Snead, I'm keeping Bradford, restructuring his contract to a one year deal, and drafting a QB next year. Let them fight it out. If Bradford is not comfortable or doesn't look healthy. Use him as the back up and start the rookie. I'm not ready to say he's done as Ram, but we need insurance. IMO, he's too talented to just let go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds good. I don't know if Dogra and Condon would be down for such a deal, but that's above our pay grade.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Agree. If I was Snisher I'd be making an offer on incentives with very little guaranteed money - then drafting a QB in the first round. The thing is - if Sam comes back and is healthy the rookie might never start because I don't think there is anyone coming out with his talent - but then again if he does go down hurt again - we can play a rookie and make him the future franchise QB.

fancents86

Starter
And what happens if he looks good in camp, beats out the guy you drafted, plays 7 games and then goes down again? I love Bradford, but we need reliability.

RamsFan14

Starter
If Bradford WANTS to stay as a Ram, he NEEDS to take a huge pay cut... I think that's the best option, draft a QB next year high and hopefully have him and Bradford (much reduced price) fight it out for the starting spot.

bskrilla

Starter
And what happens if he looks good in camp, beats out the guy you drafted, plays 7 games and then goes down again? I love Bradford, but we need reliability.

If that happens then you've had the guy you drafted studying behind him all season and he's in a much better place to play in week 8 then he would have been in week 1.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's what I'm doing, too.

However, what do we have in Gilbert and Davis?

Did Manziel really look so much better than Davis last night? I wanna know what we have, here.

fancents86

Starter
If that happens then you've had the guy you drafted studying behind him all season and he's in a much better place to play in week 8 then he would have been in week 1.
Makes sense, but the contract would have to be league minimum.

fancents86

Starter

Did Manziel really look so much better than Davis last night? I wanna know what we have, here.
I think Davis looked better than Mariel. More calm in the pocket and made better decisions.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Then you play the guy you drafted and he's actually had chance to learn the playbook.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree. Maybe let them all battle it out. Obviously Bradford is more talented then either of them. But someone is going to the practice squad again.

reggae

Sam Bradford is out. Shawn Hill will start at QB. The Rams have a great defense that could be one of the best they've ever had. The team will compete no matter who the QB is this year. If I'm Jeff Fisher and Lea Snead, I'm keeping Bradford, restructuring his contract to a one year deal, and drafting a QB next year. Let them fight it out. If Bradford is not comfortable or doesn't look healthy. Use him as the back up and start the rookie. I'm not ready to say he's done as Ram, but we need insurance. IMO, he's too talented to just let go.
Bradford already has a 1 year deal for next year. You can give him an injury settlement and then re-sign him to a 1 year deal. Or give him an outright release.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I had high hopes for Bradford this year...but I think at this point you just move on.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree. Maybe let them all battle it out. Obviously Bradford is more talented then either of them. But someone is going to the practice squad again.

Actually, no, man. Both make the team because Bradford goes to IR.

jjab360

Legend
That's probably the best solution. Probably best not to put all our eggs in one basket at this point, but it would be stupid to give up on Bradford at this point just to let him Drew Brees it up somewhere else.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Bradford is going to be coming off if two ACL surgeries in two years on the same knee.

I don't believe he'll be Drew Brees-ing up anywhere.

Time to move on.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Actually, no, man. Both make the team because Bradford goes to IR.

No I know dude. I'm talking next year because you said you wanted to know what we have in them. If B-Rad is healthy someone is going to the practice squad.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No I know dude. I'm talking next year because you said you wanted to know what we have in them. If B-Rad is healthy someone is going to the practice squad.

Got you, yeah that's right.

If it was today, then, it'd be Gilbert. Who knows next year? I suspect we draft a QB witchin the first 3 rounds next year. That also factors in.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Got you, yeah that's right.

If it was today, then, it'd be Gilbert. Who knows next year? I suspect we draft a QB witchin the first 3 rounds next year. That also factors in.

Yeah absolutely. My only issue is, I really like Jeff Fisher. I have no idea what kind of person Stan is. Will he keep Fisher if the Rams have another 7-9 season because "well we lost Bradford". Or will he find someone else because he's done with excuses?