If I Was Going Wr High In The Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, Quick hasn't proven anything to me so I wouldn't count on him being anything while drafting. But I also don't feel like WR is an overwhelming need either. It's all about value to me. If the value is right, grab one. If not...meh.

I look mainly at the first year cuz that's how Pro ready you are ,which is the gripe here. Quick did well in comparison,to several HOF wrs. THAT the Rams brought in three guys Bailey ,Austin and Cook two of whom they tried to force the ball to is something the other guys didn't deal with but STRAIGHT out of college he doesn't suffer in comparison to guys like Chris Carter , James Lofton ,Bruce ,Joiner, admittedly his second year isn't as impressive as any of those guys ,but again he is on a team that was building a corps of recs and clearly didn't get the playing time and targets the others did.
I don't expect Quick to be a HOFr and he may never develop to expectations but again we were talking how they hit the ground right after drafting them and he didn't do so bad there,I think the lament was "developmental guys".

Apologise, I didn't pick up on that bit. In that case I can agree.

If you look at the top 10 first round WRs over the last 5 years and what they did in their rookie year:

Calvin Johnson 48-756-4
Andre Johnson 66-976-4
Roddy White 29-446-3
Reggie Wayne 27-345-0
Larry Fitzgerald 58-780-8
Hakeem Nicks 47-790-6
Dwayne Bowe 70-995-5
Dez Bryant 45-561-6
A.J. Green 65-1057-7
Demaryius Thomas 22-283-2

Those in green would lead the team.

Not that impressive.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally, Quick hasn't proven anything to me so I wouldn't count on him being anything while drafting. But I also don't feel like WR is an overwhelming need either. It's all about value to me. If the value is right, grab one. If not...meh.
He really hasn't proven anything to me either, but if Snead isn't blowin' smoke about what our needs are at wr ,I think he's proven something to people who are making the decisions,to whom I almost always defer over present company,not singling you out jrry that means all his pro and opponents.
I go off the guys measurables and even more the sorry situation the coaches were drafting to extricate us from,he is clearly a part of a revamp and in short order,no one rec under those circumstances is going to get a chance to shine especially if they aren't head and shoulders above the rest which he isn't IMO.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apologise, I didn't pick up on that bit. In that case I can agree.

If you look at the top 10 first round WRs over the last 5 years and what they did in their rookie year:

Calvin Johnson 48-756-4
Andre Johnson 66-976-4
Roddy White 29-446-3
Reggie Wayne 27-345-0
Larry Fitzgerald 58-780-8
Hakeem Nicks 47-790-6
Dwayne Bowe 70-995-5
Dez Bryant 45-561-6
A.J. Green 65-1057-7
Demaryius Thomas 22-283-2

Those in green would lead the team.

Not that impressive.
None needed but still appreciated,we're all passionate about this team .
I think the words they used about Quick and his football knowledge coming in was that he was, "impoverished" which we can take to mean he was either never taught or was too dumb,I take option A which for me indicates he needs more patience and probably was drafted higher than his actual value, but his physical gifts were just too hard to pass up,that's where coaching comes in,hopefully that will bring him to speed ,time will tell.

jap

Legend
I agree. Mike Evans at Pick #13 is seeming more and more right to me.

. . . and we might get him without moving up. Besides, if the man child, Brian Quick, blossoms next season we will have some bull elephant receivers to go with our speedy smurfs.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I have enjoyed this regime's rebuild so far. For years this team couldn't draft players that could push for playing time. Other teams that were established winners still drafted well enough to push starters for playing time. Past regimes drafted seemingly to fill holes first then hoping their picks were the most talented. "Snisher" looks for talent first then fill holes. I don't know what they will do on draft day but I believe they will get it right unlike these last ten years. The 2nd pick is "house money" these guys are bold and it will be fun to watch.

PhxRam

I have enjoyed this regime's rebuild so far. For years this team couldn't draft players that could push for playing time. Other teams that were established winners still drafted well enough to push starters for playing time. Past regimes drafted seemingly to fill holes first then hoping their picks were the most talented. "Snisher" looks for talent first then fill holes. I don't know what they will do on draft day but I believe they will get it right unlike these last ten years. The 2nd pick is "house money" these guys are bold and it will be fun to watch.

Thats a sweet avatar you got.

Dont be a stranger.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I like these what would you do topics. They seem to me to be similar to convo's you'd have with your friends. No wrong answers here because we will never get to draft for the Rams although I'm badass at drafting on Madden!

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Yeah I still read the PD forum because they still have a couple posters I like but the rest of those guys don't seem to like the Rams or watch football.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam with another shocker:
This site was founded with that idea in mind. A place to hang out with your buddies and chat over a virtual beer.
Wait, it's supposed to be virtual! :wow::wow::wow::cray: