If Harkey can't go, we'll likely see a good amount of Bayer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd assume we'll see a decent amount of Alex Bayer if Harkey can't go tomorrow. Kendricks will likely move to that h-back/FB role that Hark assumes, and Bayer will move come in on those 3 TE sets we run fairly often. This could be an interesting development considering the Cowboys are extremely susceptible to receiving tight ends.

Looking forward to see how Bayer plays if this is the case. He showed a great deal of promise in preseason and this would be the perfect opportunity for him to show what he can do with Kendricks a free agent at the end of the season. How much do you guys see him playing and your thoughts on him in general? Obviously we'd all prefer if Hark was in there.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I sure hope so. I think he is going to be a really good TE if he gets a chance to play. Its the only way some of these rookies get a chance to play. See Stacy and Bailey.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What about Justice? Wasn't he billed as the blocking TE? Also played Harkey's job with the 2s and 3s.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
double post because internet is retarded

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What about Justice? Wasn't he billed as the blocking TE? Also played Harkey's job with the 2s and 3s.

Justice is long gone. He went to IR and then given an injury settlement and cut. Right now Bayer is the only other TE on the roster besides Cook, Kendricks, Harkey.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Justice is long gone. He went to IR and then given an injury settlement and cut. Right now Bayer is the only other TE on the roster besides Cook, Kendricks, Harkey.

Ah yea, I forgot they reached that injury settlement.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That hit on Harkey looked to have ill intent written all over it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Is it weird for the FB to be one of your favorite players? Harkey is just a baller. I hope he plays.

Simba

Rookie
Bayer can't replace Harkey.The first one is a receiver Te, the second is a blocker TE/FB.If Corey misses the game we could choose a OLM elegible every snap and use him for the blocks ... becouse we haven't got a FB/TE blocker over him!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I've said it before and will say it again, fuck that piece of dirty trash Goldson!! Had the entire backside to hit and he goes for the knee. Fuck him!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Problem with Bayer is he's not the blocker Harkey is. Harkey is really growing on me with his ability to be that physical TE that can also punish some DBs when he does get a pass thrown his way.

All that aside, Bayer getting some snaps does excite me. The dude is the kind of natural pass catcher TE that most other teams seem to utilize just fine. His instincts are outstanding, the dude just knows where to attack zones and has a knack for getting open. Sure would be nice to see him have a breakout game vs Dallas.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Problem with Bayer is he's not the blocker Harkey is. Harkey is really growing on me with his ability to be that physical TE that can also punish some DBs when he does get a pass thrown his way.

All that aside, Bayer getting some snaps does excite me. The dude is the kind of natural pass catcher TE that most other teams seem to utilize just fine. His instincts are outstanding, the dude just knows where to attack zones and has a knack for getting open. Sure would be nice to see him have a breakout game vs Dallas.

That's why I'd assume Kendricks will play FB because he can perform that role pretty well, he's done it plenty of times. We've had numerous times where we use a lot of I formation with 2 TEs and a FB so Bayer would probably come in there. And he's a great pass catcher, think he could have a great game if he gets enough snaps.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Cory Harkey is not on the field the Rams offense is weakened....period. Cory can just about do what ever you want from a TE/FB move TE combo player. he does it all well. The run offense even with Cory has been UGLY & not effective for the awhile now. The Ram veteran OL with bona fide real named OL'ers like Long, Wells, Joseph & Wells has done a better job @ pass blocking. If Bayer does see some action in the passing game....I am of the opinion that he will sparkle some with a couple of key plays.