If Bradford Had That Much Time To Throw......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, but they're not perennial Pro-Bowlers, are they? Guys that made it once or twice? I didn't look it up, just going by memory as I don't follow the AFC much.
Move the goal posts much?

Let me know where you set them down again and we can pick it up from there.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Something I'd add to the Rams list of needs is receivers who read the defense better. Or at least read it the same way the QB is reading it. Pre-snap reads, protection calls, a quick release and good blocking are all important but equally so, IMO, is a receiver who understands the situation and adjusts accordingly. The end result for Manning wouldn't be positive if his receivers weren't adjusting and catching the ball like they do. Which I think has been a huge liability for the Rams in recent years. I've seen Sam do some of those things that Manning does right up to the point of releasing the ball but then the receiver doesn't do his part. Not saying every, single, time or that Bradford has been flawless but I think that's a big part of the continuity problems that the Rams have had.

I think Bradford's become more hesitant at times because of his distrust in the receivers. Not just on blitz reads but his guys often don't seem to be seeing the field the same way as he does. Which you can't say about Manning and the Broncos most of the time.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No, no, no. Manning's mental game is the main reason he doesnt get sacked. The clock in his head is dead on, he makes the right adjustments, and his supporting cast is awesome. It's mostly him, though. Defenses have a hard time figuring him out. OMAHA!!!

But yes Sam would be amazing with that time.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something I'd add to the Rams list of needs is receivers who read the defense better. Or at least read it the same way the QB is reading it. Pre-snap reads, protection calls, a quick release and good blocking are all important but equally so, IMO, is a receiver who understands the situation and adjusts accordingly. The end result for Manning wouldn't be positive if his receivers weren't adjusting and catching the ball like they do. Which I think has been a huge liability for the Rams in recent years. I've seen Sam do some of those things that Manning does right up to the point of releasing the ball but then the receiver doesn't do his part. Not saying every, single, time or that Bradford has been flawless but I think that's a big part of the continuity problems that the Rams have had.

I think Bradford's become more hesitant at times because of his distrust in the receivers. Not just on blitz reads but his guys often don't seem to be seeing the field the same way as he does. Which you can't say about Manning and the Broncos most of the time.

What has happened to Sam and all of the offense we all know has been the merry go round of coordinators and schemes. This was the first year that there was continuity since Sam has been here and he gets hurt and misses more than half of the year with a very young team.

I have always been a proponent of building from the trenches out and it seems there has been an attempt to do that on defense and to some degree on offense but with different plans. We've got a great O line coach so he can get it done with average talent?? The D line coach is also a great talent but he has gotten blue chip talent to work with.

Sam has now been hurt twice because of break downs in the protection. It is time to invest in young talent for the offensive line. While I like Jake Long his injury has put a huge bind on the development of the offensive line. Wells has got to go he is past his prime and not worth the money they have invested in him. Hopefully Barnes and/or Barrett Jones will be the answer there. Dahl is also past his prime and not worth the money in his contract. Saffold showed a great ability to play the ORG, if they can get him resigned he could be the asnwer there for 3-5 years but can he be health enough to justify resigning?? There is no one else with anything close to blue chip talent on this team that plays o line. The time is now to make that investment which will protect Sam and make the rest of the offense better.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Matthews and Yankey please

Time to shore up this line as long term foundation for the future.

Greg Robinson & Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor. But Yankey has that nastiness I like!!!

ramfidelis

UDFA
I saw that the cheatriots employed the "hold the receivers at all costs defensive strategy". With the refs letting them get away with that the game seemed closer than it actually would have been.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah, but they're not perennial Pro-Bowlers, are they? Guys that made it once or twice? I didn't look it up, just going by memory as I don't follow the AFC much.
^^^Dude never lets the facts stand in the way of a good story.

iced

No, no, no. Manning's mental game is the main reason he doesnt get sacked. The clock in his head is dead on, he makes the right adjustments, and his supporting cast is awesome. It's mostly him, though. Defenses have a hard time figuring him out. OMAHA!!!

But yes Sam would be amazing with that time.
disagree - it's not mostly him.. he's got an amazing cast around him now...

that's why he just broke all the records and has been better in denver than anywhere else - more weapons

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought Brady had more time to throw than Manning. Manning just gets it out so quickly. Although he did have good protection today. You also have to keep in mind that his protection calls have something to do with it too.
Exactly.