Identify tradeable players for future draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
Tavon Austin, Zac Stacy, Bradford, one of the DLs.

Your thoughts and whats the value that can be derived

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Langford for sure, ... would consider Stacy because we are loaded at RB. That's about all i'd consider.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
QUOTE="ChrisW, post: 434899, member: 993"]Everyone has value. You just have to find people to trade with at the right time.[/QUOTE]
Except Bradford

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Bradford has no value because no one will take him at his current deal.

I would lose all faith in this regime if they traded Tavon.

Stacy, don't know, but don't see it as much.

V3

Hall of Fame
Bradford has no value because no one will take him at his current deal.

I would lose all faith in this regime if they traded Tavon.

Stacy, don't know, but don't see it as much.

You have faith in them being able to find a use for him if he stays? Not suggesting they trade him unless they could get a 2nd for him but that isn't going to happen.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You have faith in them being able to find a use for him if he stays? Not suggesting they trade him unless they could get a 2nd for him but that isn't going to happen.
That would indicate the problem is the coach and not him.

Even trading him for a 2nd would be throwing away a premium 1st round pick for NO return.

A new coaching staff is free in terms of draft stock. Premium players aren't.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i wouldn't let any of them go before the damn coordinator goes. go ahead trade Austin to Philly or NO or Dallas and watch him explode while we sit here looking stupid cus our damn coordinator can't come up with anything better than a run up the middle.

V3

Hall of Fame
That would indicate the problem is the coach and not him.

Even trading him for a 2nd would be throwing away a premium 1st round pick for NO return.

A new coaching staff is free in terms of draft stock. Premium players aren't.
I think the problem is with both Tavon and the coaches. He was WAY overdrafted and the coaches don't know what to do with him now. Trading him for a 2nd would be an attempt to get some sort of value from him. You won't find a team that would be willing to give us a 2nd for him, though. You'd get more production from a player taken with that 2nd round pick than you would with Tavon, IMO.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I think the problem is with both Tavon and the coaches. He was WAY overdrafted and the coaches don't know what to do with him now. Trading him for a 2nd would be an attempt to get some sort of value from him. You won't find a team that would be willing to give us a 2nd for him, though. You'd get more production from a player taken with that 2nd round pick than you would with Tavon, IMO.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Tavon. He just screams "guy that could go elsewhere and excel" to me.

And the Rams would be the laughingstocks of the league letting him go for a 2nd after spending 1st and 2nd to get him in the first place.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
All this trading just seems like panic moves, and as others have said, we're not going to get anything for Bradford, while getting less value than we think we should for any of those other guys.

With respect to Tavon, I think we need to trade for an offensive coordinator that knows how to use him. You can't tell me that there aren't other offensive coordinators out there that would be able to do some serious damage with Tavon. I'm definitely not advocating for the return of Mike Martz, but does anyone think he wouldn't be able to use Tavon to create serious mismatches and put a hurting on the opposing D? And does anyone think he'd be running him up the middle?

V3

Hall of Fame
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Tavon. He just screams "guy that could go elsewhere and excel" to me.

And the Rams would be the laughingstocks of the league letting him go for a 2nd after spending 1st and 2nd to get him in the first place.
They're getting laughed at right now for spending a first and a second on an undersized, gimmick WR.

Even if he could go somewhere else and excel, he isn't going to do that here with this regime so why not at least get a pick that would provide this team with something they could actually use(assuming they don't blow the pick)?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
They're getting laughed at right now for spending a first and a second on an undersized, gimmick WR.

Even if he could go somewhere else and excel, he isn't going to do that here with this regime so why not at least get a pick that would provide this team with something they could actually use(assuming they don't blow the pick)?
Still disagree, but no point in arguing over something that isn't going to happen anyway.

V3

Hall of Fame
Still disagree, but no point in arguing over something that isn't going to happen anyway.
I don't want you to think I'm arguing. Just discussing. It's all good. I definitely agree that it'll never happen, though.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I don't want you to think I'm arguing. Just discussing. It's all good. I definitely agree that it'll never happen, though.
No worries. I don't really see arguing as a bad thing so long as it doesn't get personal and we remain respectful of one another.

However, since I clearly respect you more than you respect me, it means I win the argument. ;)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Bradford has no value
Tavon has no value
Stacy 7th rounder

Sadly, they would really get nothing much for any of them. We, as Rams fans know the talent is there because we follow the team so much.

I do think if we went to trade Tavon we would really be shooting ourself in the foot. We moved up to grab him, he was a top 10 pick, hes shown the ability to make plays but just bits and pieces in diffrent games and to top it off the team we trade him to will have the upper hand because of his inconsistent production. They would be salivating at the mouth waiting to rip us off.

Imo - dont trade Stacy or Tavon. If anybody is willing to take Braford for a decent offer, pull the trigger. We could draft a high round QB and we wouldn't be breaking the bank to resign AD (depending on how the rest of the season goes)

V3

Hall of Fame
No worries. I don't really see arguing as a bad thing so long as it doesn't get personal and we remain respectful of one another.

However, since I clearly respect you more than you respect me, it means I win the argument. ;)
You'd better be careful or you may just force me to respect the hell out of you.