Ideal fit, or monumental mistake?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
From Wagoner's chat.
http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/1688?a_id=2

White Buffalo, Ripon, CA
Nick, If the Rams sign any player this week the contract is not guarantee. So there is not a better time to hook the Fisher and Albert (Haynesworth) up again with all our injuries at DT. It's a win win situation.

WAGONER: They have to be signed AFTER week one. So any vested veteran signed next week would not have a guaranteed contract.

Discuss. :p

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sure why not :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing:

Fisher could be dead in the grave for a week and they would have him signing Haynesworth

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think doughboy has run his course in the nfl.

untouchable at this stage.

Iron Lion

Starter
Fisher: Do you wanna play this year?

Haynesworth: Yup.

Fisher: I am gonna have to ask you to run around a little and do some conditioning. Just a little.

*click*

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pretty interesting, wonder if we have a uni that'd fit him

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm thinking the lack of interest throughout the entire NFL says it all. And I DO have to wonder how long the lazy asses of "journalism" inexorably link Fisher with Fat Albert.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd rather sign Ted Washington out of retirement.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
I'd rather sign Ted Washington out of retirement.
If we're gonna go that route, get me Sean Gilbert.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Haynesworth...TO...Chad Johnson...

No longer NFL players. Time to move on!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I bet we can all agree Fisher likely had either a phone or in person discussion w/ Haynesworth in the off-season shortly after he became our HC. Obviously Fisher moved on and possibly a small part to why Brockers was our #1 pick. Attitude means everything while that doesn't relate to everything...its a good sign Fisher didn't see the same player physically/mentally as he was w/ the Titans.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be okay with this on a prove yourself contract. we desperately need every big body we can get with brockers out

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I think they are all still NFL talents. Their attitudes are the reason they aren't on a roster right now.

I'd love to see Chad Johnson in horns. Not necessarily because we need a WR, just because the dude is one of the funniest guys I have ever heard. He's funnier than the majority of stand up comics. We could use his skill set. His neediness makes him unsignable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I think they are all still NFL talents. Their attitudes are the reason they aren't on a roster right now.

I'd love to see Chad Johnson in horns. Not necessarily because we need a WR, just because the dude is one of the funniest guys I have ever heard. He's funnier than the majority of stand up comics. We could use his skill set. His neediness makes him unsignable.
And you know what else? His failure in New England wasn't a result of his lack of talent. That was a system in which he was in no way prepared to perform. Not in one season anyway. Just goes to show what we were talking about with all the rookies and 2nd year guys who "failed" in the McDaniels system without an offseason. If Chad Johnson can't make a go of it with a whole offseason, then why should we expect Pettis, Salas and Kendricks to be perfectly acclimated in a similar system with half the time to prepare for it?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The thing about Chad Johnson and Fat Albert isn't necessarily what that means right now, but what it means for the future. Let's say we sign those guys, but then in doing so cut Matt Conrath and Pettis. Is it worth it? Also, do you want either of those guys providing "leadership" for our players? We have one of the youngest teams in Rams history if not ever, let's go with it. If we're going young, allowing ourselves to lose some games now for long-term stability let's just do it and get it over with. I don't want to continue doing this stuff over and over again. Snisher has a plan and they're sticking to it.

Iron Lion

Starter
It is counter-intuitive but WRs can often lose their hands before they lose their speed.

TO's hands are gone. Still has his speed.
My Herman Moore lost his hands at the end of his career.
Chad Johnson has lost his hands.