IDC if i get flack for this but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Fisher was telling the truth on the Cook pass (to a predetermined spot), but I think the one to Pettis was just a bad throw. Pettis did slip a little, but I think he slipped because the pass was high and behind. Clemens showed me what I thought he'd show me (Dennis voice) HE IS WHAT I THOUGHT HE WAS! He's a tough dude, and he won't hesitate to put his body on the line for the team. That could be a bad thing depending how people want to look at it, but I can get behind a dude that's willing to get waxed to pick up a few extra yards or extend a drive. Watch that 93 yard drive at the end of the game, and I think you'll be validated in your thinking that there's stuff to build on. We're not in better shape at all, but at least (IMO), we're not in Curtis Painter territory.

Yep.

And I don't necessarily doubt what Fisher said. I doubt he had time to watch replays of it either by that point. I just personally need to see some of that stuff.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Clemens passer rating last night was 36.8.

I don't like that at all. We aren't beating anyone with a 36.8 QB rating.

Here's a point of reference. Gabbert is at 36.0 for the year. Oh, and Josh Freeman is at 52.6.
One missed 50 yard field goal cost us the win in last night's game, not Clemens' QBR

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Clemens is not better than Bradford, but Clemens was not our biggest problem last night. Dropped passes hurt us more than anything. If these receivers can hold onto the ball, I think we'll be just fine this season. Not sure there are many backup QBs who could have done much better.

GO RAMS!!!!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Clemens is not better than Bradford, but Clemens was not our biggest problem last night. Dropped passes hurt us more than anything. If these receivers can hold onto the ball, I think we'll be just fine this season.

that's a huge IF... At some point, someone actually needs to step up and catch the damn ball... SO BLOODY FRUSTRATING

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's not all on Clemens. For instance, Jenkins rolling the dice on that pass to Taint...if he just plays the receiver instead of going for broke, who knows how that drive shakes out. What Clemens was dishing wasn't pretty though. I liked his moxie, no joke, but that accuracy (if you can call it that) left much to be desired..

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Was I dreaming or did Clemens pass up the chance to score on the play that Long got flagged for illegal man downfield?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Was I dreaming or did Clemens pass up the chance to score on the play that Long got flagged for illegal man downfield?
The opportunity was there. At least Long thought so.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie

I really thought he could have scored there if he just ran it in.

He could have scored at the end too if Schott would have called for it.

I think a lot of what we saw with Clemens last night was rust and possibly nerves. Not saying he's going to be a good QB ever but I think he's better than he showed last night.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I agree w/ the OC I thought "Kell" did OK. Of course that's no excuse for the two INTs, and I don't buy into what Jeff Fisher said about Jared Cook stopping on his route and the other guy (can't remember who it was) falling down.

He was a gamer tho...kinda enjoyed watching him play.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree w/ the OC I thought "Kell" did OK. Of course that's no excuse for the two INTs, and I don't buy into what Jeff Fisher said about Jared Cook stopping on his route and the other guy (can't remember who it was) falling down.

He was a gamer tho...kinda enjoyed watching him play.
Cook definitely quit on the route but Pettis "fell down" trying to get back to a bad throw.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The throw to Pettis was awful. The one to Cook - yeah he quit on the route but he never had his man beat. The defender had position on it the entire way, and as Gruden said, the comeback route was open (if he'd thrown it over or to the outside of the backer who was underneath it). Aside from that I was actually impressed with him - he's not "awful". He can get it done but he's got to do a better job of looking after the football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea he did it in the Carolina game... And maybe another game or 2. But Bradford likes to check the ball down, that is no secret. He will checkdown before he looks downfield. I'm not saying I like clemens as a qb, I'm saying I like how he looks to throw the ball downfield first instead of checking down first.

IMO, Clemens did an atrocious job of reading the defense last night. He should not be in the game. Aside from mobility, there's nothing he does better than Bradford.

He should be riding the bench.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I was there for the entire game last night, and I don't remember Clemons throwing down field once. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I seriously don't remember him doing that even 1 time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO, Clemens did an atrocious job of reading the defense last night. He should not be in the game. Aside from mobility, there's nothing he does better than Bradford.

I took your "he sucks" comment out of that post. Please read the announcement at the top of the page.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was there for the entire game last night, and I don't remember Clemens throwing down field once. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I seriously don't remember him doing that even 1 time.
He took some intermediate shots, but nothing really over 15 yards that I recall.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I took your "he sucks" comment out of that post. Please read the announcement at the top of the page.

I apologize. He doesn't play the game of football well. :wink:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

He had mismatches all over the field last night. Cook and Austin were on linebackers numerous times. Bobby fucking Wagner or not you take that matchup against this defense. Most of the time it was Wright anyway.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He took some intermediate shots, but nothing really over 15 yards that I recall.

He doesn't have the arm to. As Thor pointed out in another thread, he was overthrowing WRs because he was overcompensating for his weak arm to push it down the field. He kept overstriding because he had to put his entire body behind the ball.

It makes him an ineffective passer past 10 yards.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was there for the entire game last night, and I don't remember Clemens throwing down field once. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I seriously don't remember him doing that even 1 time.

Oh I remember him doing it once...he almost overthrew the DB that picked it off.