Ian Rapoport: "I really like how the Rams are re-tooling."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a new one. So far we have "Rebuilding", "Remodeling", and now "Re-tooling."

Random stuff we’ve seen or heard through nine days of NFL Training Camp…
in alphabetical order!

Ian Rapoport | NFL.com
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/08/02/random- ... cal-order/

– It’s so simple, but I really like how the Rams are re-tooling. A ton of turnover in the offseason to get rid of the bad players on the roster. A million draft picks (with some risks) to put more talent on the field and increase competition. Locking up their key veterans, beginning with DE Chris Long. That’s the formula. With a really good QB in Sam Bradford, maybe they sped up their timetable.

[snippet - nothing else about the Rams in that article]

Anonymous

Re: Ian Rapoport: "I really like how the Rams are re-toolin

X said:
That's a new one. So far we have "Rebuilding", "Remodeling", and now "Re-tooling."

I guess they're all re-re-ing.

Anyway. If it were a rebuild everyone would say so, starting with the Rams.

The fact that they don't know what to call it is telling.

It's kind of a unique situation, actually.

Fisher has a lot of inherited veteran talent. But it's 4-2 year talent. Including one year where everyone got wiped out by injuries.

So they're not starting over. Not even anything close to it.

But because the inherited guys are so young, it's not easy to say what the overall talent level actually is. But it COULD be good, and there are signs that it is.

More than that though. The issue got kind of murky cause in a lot of cases, Fisher didn't plug holes, he just brought in his own guys. That's in effect just lateral moves.

There probably is no exact word for this.

But "rebuild" absolutely is not the word.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

X said:

No... We are "Reneging" to the rest of the league that we are no longer a doormat to anyone!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

zn said:
X said:

I guess they're all re-re-ing.

Anyway. If it were a rebuild everyone would say so, starting with the Rams.

The fact that they don't know what to call it is telling.

It's kind of a unique situation, actually.

Fisher has a lot of inherited veteran talent. But it's 4-2 year talent. Including one year where everyone got wiped out by injuries.

So they're not starting over. Not even anything close to it.

But because the inherited guys are so young, it's not easy to say what the overall talent level actually is. But it COULD be good, and there are signs that it is.

More than that though. The issue got kind of murky cause in a lot of cases, Fisher didn't plug holes, he just brought in his own guys. That's in effect just lateral moves.

There probably is no exact word for this.

But "rebuild" absolutely is not the word.

I don't think any of the "Re's" matter. It's just what Fisher and Snead can do in one off season.
They made the team younger and more athletic while getting bigger. That's obvious after watching the 1st couple practices. And they were able to keep the few core players.

But the question is that even after all the trade downs in the draft to bring in as much talent as possible for this year, how many more changes would have happened if they would have had the 30+ mil cap space this year that is projected for next year.
30+ mil. gets about 6 high quality starters.