I would say Gurley is in the mix for Comeback Player of the Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just a little under 2100 yards from scrimmage, 19 TD's, close to a yard and a half more per carry, and 4 YPC over last year. And oh yeah he's a threat to go all the way from anywhere on the field via the pass or the run.

What a difference a year makes!!! It's like a different player is emerging.

Such a contrast from 2016. Last year when he called the offense "middle school" he nailed it. Now with a play designer/caller like McVay and Gurley's VERY much expanded role in the passing game he is almost in a Faulk type role.

McVay has lined him up in the slot and out wide like Martz used to do with Faulk.

Different players, different styles, and Faulk has a complete career and resume and the Gold Jacket under his belt while this is just Gurley's third year.

But WOW he has turned into that kind of a weapon to deploy.

He is the team's MVP this year for sure too. If I was TG13 I'd give McVay a new Mercedes for Christmas. And would expect him to give me one in return HAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is delicious.

jap

Legend
I felt from the the off season and even last year that we would go as the Gurley Express! went. Last year with our OL ignorant of proper blocking techniques and badly banged up, the Express! was humbled. This season with new FA additions, new OL leaders, and proper training by Andy Kromer, the OL and the Gurley Man were back.

Jared is still improving, still finding his way as a young NFL QB. However, Sean and Jared will have to lean on Todd & his OL to advance in the playoffs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He should be league MVP. Without Gurley what are we? .500 at best?

He's in that conversation too.

Along with Fournette........ haha sorry @NateDawg122 I had to do that, I can't help myself .

It's all good tonight though!!!

This award should be locked up already.

Who else could win it?

I don't know..........

I felt from the the off season and even last year that we would go as the Gurley Express! went. Last year with our OL ignorant of proper blocking techniques and badly banged up, the Express! was humbled. This season with new FA additions, new OL leaders, and proper training by Andy Kromer, the OL and the Gurley Man were back.

Jared is still improving, still finding his way as a young NFL QB. However, Sean and Jared will have to lean on Todd & his OL to advance in the playoffs.

The run game travels like defense. And I agree with you that will be as important as anything else for sure.

Versus the Viking and/or Eagles on the road it's going to be a battle for sure. This may be one of the best post seasons we have seen in awhile!

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
The comparisons are made between Gurley and Faulk.
It is high praise indeed.
However, it's plain to see that Todd Gurley is an incredible player, and he's shown what a talent he is especially in the last two weeks.

LesBaker, you're right about Faulk and his career - what a truly great player.
Gurley is a Ram that we've seen explode onto the scene, have a rough season, and then excel in 2017 like we could never imagine.
He's got solid players around him, but what he's doing now, especially in the last two weeks is incredible.
Even neutral fans must realise the impact this guy is having, you can't deny his numbers.

If Gurley isn't MVP it's an absolute sham.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is a nice award but they won't give it to the guy who also wins MVP :D

jap

Legend
The comparisons are made between Gurley and Faulk.
It is high praise indeed.
However, it's plain to see that Todd Gurley is an incredible player, and he's shown what a talent he is especially in the last two weeks.

LesBaker, you're right about Faulk and his career - what a truly great player.
Gurley is a Ram that we've seen explode onto the scene, have a rough season, and then excel in 2017 like we could never imagine.
He's got solid players around him, but what he's doing now, especially in the last two weeks is incredible.
Even neutral fans must realise the impact this guy is having, you can't deny his numbers.

If Gurley isn't MVP it's an absolute sham.

Two of our toughest losses, to Minny & Philly, came when Gurley was underused as RB/receiver. That resulted in those two teams nearly doubling our time of possession in those losses.

We've got to get the Gurley Express! rolling all day against those two defenses should we meet them in the playoffs---against any team we meet in the playoffs, really! Giving Todd the rock consistently is what makes your PA passing game go, what buys time against aggressive pass rushers and allows our fly guys to get down field for big catches and big gains.

Jared will get there as a top NFL QB. Remember this is really essentially his first season in a legitimate offensive system. However, for now he has to lean on his thoroughbred RB to keep the McVay offense flowing.

Last edited: