I would love to see the "all 22" shot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

remember thinking at the game "Damnit he had a ton of room to run!"

however it's entirely possible i shouted this - sober thoughts tend to be drunk words

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's all good. No one outside this board would ever compare Quick to Watkins anyhow.

What we should be comparing Watkins too is GRob.

How's that looking btw?

Watkins is playing good for his rookie season. Pretty rare. You were right that he could be plugged in and play right away. If they had taken Watkins, I would have been happy with it.

GRob? Robinson's upside is well worth the development time if he is who we think he his. He's a mack truck and that's how you spring RBs for big gains.

HOWEVER, Quick is playing better than Watkins right now. The stories have yet to be told.

Brian-Quick-GIF.gif

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
It's all good. No one outside this board would ever compare Quick to Watkins anyhow.

How's that looking btw?
This is getting really tiresome, you need to let go of this Old La.... sorry RFIP.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate seeing posts where someone is clearly a fan of individual players moreso than their team.

But anyway. Back to Cook... I have to agree it is frustrating how easy he goes down. It's ridiculous. This is why I love the rumbling, bumbling, stumbling type TEs when they get the ball, where you see DBs saying "Oh SH!*".

I am becoming a very big fan of Harkey, for that matter. And the Rams' TE depth is very impressive, as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate seeing posts where someone is clearly a fan of individual players moreso than their team.

But anyway. Back to Cook... I have to agree it is frustrating how easy he goes down. It's ridiculous. This is why I love the rumbling, bumbling, stumbling type TEs when they get the ball, where you see DBs saying "Oh SH!*".

I am becoming a very big fan of Harkey, for that matter. And the Rams' TE depth is very impressive, as well.

That play is a poor example, though. The bigger you are, the harder it's going to be for you to keep your feet when a defender goes low. Little guys have the advantage of quick feet and low center of gravity. It's why Steven Jackson always seemed to get tripped up when players went low despite his size and aggression as a runner.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
True, Jrry, however some of the bigger guys do have better feet than others. And with someone as athletic as Cook I expect him to be able to show that, but he doesn't.

I do agree with regards to SJ. My belief is he got too big up top, when he was younger and all legs he was fearsome. The top-heavy version might be more durable but yeah he does get tripped up easy compared to his younger self in my estimation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Caller: "I can see ya through the bedroom winda.."

Larry King: "Is this Don Knotts?"

*slams down phone* "AAAAAH! Every time. They know it's me every time!"

that was for all of you Dana Gould fans out there...

RamzFanz

Damnit
That play is a poor example, though. The bigger you are, the harder it's going to be for you to keep your feet when a defender goes low. Little guys have the advantage of quick feet and low center of gravity. It's why Steven Jackson always seemed to get tripped up when players went low despite his size and aggression as a runner.

Exactly. They have to get up to speed. SJ39 and Cook are the same in that they can devastate when they get up to speed but they are easy to take down before.

Rambition

Rookie
Oh, and it's been 2 seasons, not 3 years. This is his third season and he's killing right now.
he is. and i really wish people wouldn't keep claiming that someone's played X number of full seasons when they're only just entering the final season of that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

How's that looking btw?
Or if we really want to stir the pot ,we could compare how many games Ndmukong Suh has missed due to injury vs. Sam Bradford . That's a more long term comparison vs. two games into players rookie years.

See I wanted the Rams to pick Suh , but I let it go as soon as the pick was made because it served no purpose for me to keep cursing the darkness,I got squarely behind Sam and have never wavered because I knew two things ,one his success was integral to my goals, two ALL I could do by holding on and carping about it was going to do is alienate many of the guys around here with NO UPSIDE .

BTW Sammy Watkins came to the league being asked to do what he was already well versed in,GROB was only rarely asked to pass protect so the learning curve for each is far different , GROB was asked to learn TWO positions , where his ability to put someone on the bench was this, two former Pro Bowlers and the guy who graded out at the top of the league as a guard for the last six games of last year .
Watkins displaced who ? I'm asking cuz I don't know.

They are both splendid athletes,and BTW IF the trade that Buffalo gave for that pick had been offered to the Rams ,IS THERE any doubt we'd have taken it ?
In fact I think we'd have gotten more maybe a 4th if the Bills had been convinced the Rams were going to do what you wanted them to do,so you'd then be in the position of comparing Watkins to three players ,speculation? sure but comparing Watkins after two games to GROB after two games ain't nuthin' but that.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Rfip is there one positive bone left in your body? Or ssince your dissatisfied wwith player selection you belive you have to bring us all on board with your negativity. This is a continuous trend wwith you lately that is getting really repetitive mundane and just plane played out with Alot of people here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Never looking for support my boy, just speaking my mind. When some try's to make a point that a three year player has better stats than a guy playing his second game then you need to be prepared to face the music.
Actually we don't. YOU need to face the fact that broken records get discarded. And yes - that's a hint.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oh RFIP, come on and jump in the Rams Kool-aid koi pond. The water is great. Oh, and Ilike your boy Watkins, but I think BQ has a higher ceiling. Dude is going to surprise some people.... I won't be one of them.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Quick will NEVER out perform WAtkins...EVER. Let alone THREE years after being drafted.

But Quick is doing more than I ever thought he would.

Maybe now he could score a TD one of these days too...
Quick is doing exactly what I thought he would do. I just did not know whether it would be this year or next. Ditto to what RamzFanz said.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Great idea @Legatron4.

I've created a Quick vs Watkins yards competition this week. Let the better receiver win!

I have little left to bet, but I'll bet it all.
I don't think I would take that bet. I could see Watkins becoming the #1 on Buffalo but with Bailey, Quick, Britt, Cook, and Austin I don't think any of them have a chance of becoming a #1 and taking passes away from the others.