I would have been happy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
At the start of the season to know after 5 games the Rams would be 3 & 2 and tied for first place. This is a good Rams team that is still learning how to win and will continue to get better as the season progresses. They have shown the ability to come back in games and the two games they lost they battled right to the end. This team has the ability to fight back and overcome mistakes which they could not do last year. They had 5 turnovers today and just missed pulling the game out. As they continue to grow these are the games they will be winning later in the season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
At the start of the season to know after 5 games the Rams would be 3 & 2 and tied for first place. This is a good Rams team that is still learning how to win and will continue to get better as the season progresses. They have shown the ability to come back in games and the two games they lost they battled right to the end. This team has the ability to fight back and overcome mistakes which they could not do last year. They had 5 turnovers today and just missed pulling the game out. As they continue to grow these are the games they will be winning later in the season.

I'm happy knowing they are definitely better on offense, and it's beginning to look like the D might be starting to come around.

It is good to keep perspective as you are doing, but it's also understandable that people are a little salty this soon after a game that they basically gave away to a team who is a divisional rival and really didn't win so much as escaped with a W.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
a game that they basically gave away to a team who is a divisional rival and really didn't win so much as escaped with a W.

This is similar to the way the Rams beat them the last few years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea but expectations have changed. It's frustrating that we let that one slip out of our hands.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea but expectations have changed. It's frustrating that we let that one slip out of our hands.

Make that two that slipped out of our hands because I think you can include that Washington game.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Make that two that slipped out of our hands because I think you can include that Washington game.

The fact that they "slipped" bodes well in and of itself.

WAS and SEA are two very good (probable playoff) teams. We've been competitive with both until the last minute.

Let's not forget this was a perennial .500 team. It takes some time to adopt a new team mentality. Losses like these will help.

fearsomefour

Legend
But, always a flip side.
If Barron doesn't make that great tackle the Rams likely lose in SF.
I'm happy at 3-2. The next three a 2-1 mark should be expected. 5-3 at the halfway mark is certainly a good start for McVay and Co.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
At the start of the season to know after 5 games the Rams would be 3 & 2 and tied for first place.

Unfortunately we are not tied for first place.

Seattle has the tiebreaker of Head to Head, so we are 2nd place in the division.

We need a better Win Loss record, and if we beat them in Seattle, still have to have a better Division record which again we don't at this time.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This is similar to the way the Rams beat them the last few years.

Pretty much. Total role reversal. They won with good enough D and capitalizing on our mistakes. But they never really took charge of the game per se.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

I wish there was a better form a figurative speech to explain. I don't feel as though we let that one slip out of our hands.

It's as if we rubbed our hands in lube down in Jerry's world. . . which I guess could be a reasonable explanation.

and then . . . it slipped out of our hands.

We left at least 17 points off the board. 17 points! Along with 5 turnovers! A missed field goal!

And we lost 16-10.

We had every opportunity to win that game.

There wasn't a moment that we 'grabbed the bull by the horns'

Last edited:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I wish there was a better form a figurative speech to explain. I don't feel as though we let that one slip out of our hands.

It's as if we rubbed our hands in lube down in Jerry's world. . . which I guess could be a reasonable explanation.

and then . . . it slipped out of our hands.

We left at least 17 points off the board. 17 points! Along with 5 turnovers! A missed field goal!

And we lost 16-10.

We had every opportunity to win that game.

There wasn't a moment that we 'grabbed the bull by the horns'

There was one moment that we did but kupp dropped them

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
There was one moment that we did but kupp dropped them

Or the Gurley fumble touchback, or the Tavon muff, or the Watkins giving up on plays, or Goff being innacurrate on a few throws, or Mcvay going away from the run, or Mcvay tucking his tail at the end of the first half, or Zuerlein missing. . .

Defensively the team played pretty well.

But man. The Rams did nothing to help themselves out.

I think that Kupp catches that if it's thrown to him next time. Going after Kupp the second time wasn't my favorite play. I'd rather throw right at Sammy Watkins or Woods - who had a tremendous game.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Or the Gurley fumble touchback, or the Tavon muff, or the Watkins giving up on plays, or Goff being innacurrate on a few throws, or Mcvay going away from the run, or Mcvay tucking his tail at the end of the first half, or Zuerlein missing. . .

Defensively the team played pretty well.

But man. The Rams did nothing to help themselves out.

I think that Kupp catches that if it's thrown to him next time. Going after Kupp the second time wasn't my favorite play. I'd rather throw right at Sammy Watkins or Woods - who had a tremendous game.

Chillax my man all i was doing was pointing out that the last drive up until the last 2 plays the horns had been grabbed lol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I was definitely bummed about the loss being so close but 5 turnovers and still almost pulled it out against the Seadorks the supposive Kings of the nfc west.....on a different note on Goff it is a learning experience first two minute drill against the skins he throws a pick second time around against the Seahawks he takes us down with some great throws against the vaunted Seahawks defense and almost gets us the win and some can argue should of gotten the win if Kupp catches a difficult throw. Point is third times a charm and it shows some progress by Goff and the more he is in those situations the cooler he will become. For the magic carpet ride to continue they would have to go 3-1 so basically win the next 3 or at least 2-2 to remain in the thick of things breaking up the season by quarters. Jacksonville is now a crucial game and a difficult one at that but all 3 of the next games are winnable definitely 2 of them but that's why they play we shall see.....Fingers crossed my dudes!!!!