I wonder what announcer gets shot up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-prescription-abuse-health-player-painkiller/

.lawsuit filed by former players against the National Football League alleging illegal and unethical administration of pain-killing drugs causing long-term health effects, Hall of Fame coach John Madden offered an anecdote Wednesday of the league’s drug culture extending up to the announcing booth.

In the suit, players such as former San Francisco 49er Jeremy Newberry allege they would line up so team trainers could inject them with the powerful painkiller Toradol without prescriptions or warnings of possible side effects. Other pain medications such as Percodan, Percocet and Vicodin were handed out “like candy,” according to lead attorney Steven Silverman.

During his Daily Madden segment with KCBS Radio in San Francisco, Madden said at least one announcer has taken advantage of the readily available pain-killing injections. “I know an announcer that goes down to the locker room to get a Toradol shot before a game,” said Madden.

A number of former football players have made the move to the announcing booth after retiring from the game. Madden did not identify the announcer or say if he was a former player, but he said the announcer gets the Toradol injection because he is in pain.

“I think he goes at a different time [than the players], you know, he gets there early, you know, that type of thing,” said Madden. “But he’s gotten Toradol shots.”

According to the lawsuit, “…the NFL has intentionally, recklessly, and negligently developed a culture of drug misuse, substituting players’ health for profit.”

The players seek financial compensation for the long-term chronic injuries, financial losses and long-term health care for future problems they will suffer.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Totally not surprised that a former player who's now announcing would actually "need" to continue the injections due to pain.

Football in the 70s was Gladiatorial. And no, I don't say that in a nostalgic way. I'm glad for many of the rule changes because I'd rather see each team at its best each week winning based on execution of plays, football fundamentals, talent and scheme rather than "next guy up" and luck of the schedule draw... (home vs. away... when's the bye...etc)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So I wonder if they would provide this service for fans who are in pain as well. :whistle:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-prescription-abuse-health-player-painkiller/

.lawsuit filed by former players against the National Football League alleging illegal and unethical administration of pain-killing drugs causing long-term health effects, Hall of Fame coach John Madden offered an anecdote Wednesday of the league’s drug culture extending up to the announcing booth.

In the suit, players such as former San Francisco 49er Jeremy Newberry allege they would line up so team trainers could inject them with the powerful painkiller Toradol without prescriptions or warnings of possible side effects. Other pain medications such as Percodan, Percocet and Vicodin were handed out “like candy,” according to lead attorney Steven Silverman.

During his Daily Madden segment with KCBS Radio in San Francisco, Madden said at least one announcer has taken advantage of the readily available pain-killing injections. “I know an announcer that goes down to the locker room to get a Toradol shot before a game,” said Madden.

A number of former football players have made the move to the announcing booth after retiring from the game. Madden did not identify the announcer or say if he was a former player, but he said the announcer gets the Toradol injection because he is in pain.

“I think he goes at a different time [than the players], you know, he gets there early, you know, that type of thing,” said Madden. “But he’s gotten Toradol shots.”

According to the lawsuit, “…the NFL has intentionally, recklessly, and negligently developed a culture of drug misuse, substituting players’ health for profit.”

The players seek financial compensation for the long-term chronic injuries, financial losses and long-term health care for future problems they will suffer.

Chuckie.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Toradol is not that strong of medication but that still does not make it right.I think a lot of ugly things are going to come out of that investigation.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The players substituted their own health for profit too.