I will see the new Mission Impossible because

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Green Screen?

Nope. The big part of the "sneak peak" was telling fans that he was actually on the outside of the plane and the showed the first takeoff without edit from clip in to "rapid takeoff" to put it mildly. It only took about 40 secs from final clip in to being way, way up in the air.

I remember reading in the trades how MI almost lost its underwriting because of Tom Cruise pulling that stunt with the chopper blade next to his eye. They didn't say exactly how he'd endangered himself in the financial piece, but later we all got to see it.

He does use stunt men for things, but he did free climb and he did have that blade near his eye and he really, really was on the outside of that plane.

He really is THAT crazy.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Thats like finding a great little restaurant that not too many people know about....prices are reasonable and food is made from scratch and amazing....then finding out the cook smokes, so, not going there any more.
No, not really.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The big part of the "sneak peak" was telling fans that he was actually on the outside of the plane
I actually did see the clip, after I made my post. I realize the spin is that it was a real stunt, but I'm going to argue that this is more of a publicity stunt than a real stunt.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've never been a big Tom Cruise fan but I do recognize his enthusiasm for his craft. I also think he has been superbly cast in rolls that fit his skill set. I met him once in 2009 at a Nascar race. He wasn't a very big guy. But I just watched Oblivion the other night and he buffed up for that one. I was impressed. I wish I could figure out how to get the pics of him I took in 2009 on here. I've got them on my computer as JPG files.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I actually did see the clip, after I made my post. I realize the spin is that it was a real stunt, but I'm going to argue that this is more of a publicity stunt than a real stunt.

Well, I don't doubt that it's a real stunt, not a publicity stunt.

As in, zero doubt.

I won't go into it, but he's a KNOWN commodity for doing this. Like I said. The first I'd heard of it was from the financial side re: MI. My dad used to work in banking and used to know people on that side of the table (specifically the concert and film underwriting folks) and trust me when I say that the people quoted in that Variety article, I think it was, were completely freaked out. So much so that Cruise had significant issues getting his next movie financed even though MI was a huge success. Both MI and Jerry Maguire were released in 1996 and he didn't have another release until 1999 and neither were action movies. MI2 was released in 2000, but rest assured, immediately upon release, they were working on the details to get into production and they hit roadblocks. There was significant doubt if MI2 was going to be made at all because of that helicopter stunt (I said earlier it was the eye, it actually was the helicopter blade to his neck... in MI2, he upped the ante and had Dougray Scott hold an extremely sharp knife a measured 1/4th of an inch from his eye. Even though it was tied to a cable, the slightest slippage and that knife is half buried in his skull).

Again, in MI2, while he didn't free climb, he had cables, those aren't fool proof.

So, let's just say that while I only know a small bit, what I know is that financing a Tom Cruise movie is an underwriting NIGHTMARE because he really does do this stuff.

If he didn't, they wouldn't have trouble underwriting a movie that easily grosses $100M more than the studio took to make it...although to be fair, no movie ever has made a profit. Just ask the studios. I'm pretty sure not even Avatar made a dime...

I mean feel free to believe whatever you want to believe. I just know within more than a margin of error that he did it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well, I don't doubt that it's a real stunt, not a publicity stunt.
Call me perpetually skeptical :)
although to be fair, no movie ever has made a profit. Just ask the studios. I'm pretty sure not even Avatar made a dime...
....and this answers everything, and totally explains Holly Wood's purpose. Why do it if they don't make money? I mean, there's gotta be another reason?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
TC at Richmond Int'l Speedway, Sept 2009

Attachments

• DSC01148.JPG
    DSC01148.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC01150.JPG
    DSC01150.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 139

Athos

Legend
Still can't take him seriously with the long hair is my only thing. He needs to stick with the buz cut.

Athos

Legend
I can't get enough of Les Grossman. They could have a spinoff with just that character and is eat it up: