I was at the draft? Anyone else?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfreak

I met a lot of Rams fans outside of Radio City as we waited in line for about 15 hours within a 24 hour period of time. I was fortunate enough to have a seat in Row 2. I was so close to the stage that I was the first to land a high five when G. Robinson came off the stage.

It was an incredible time. Eventually I will write my draft experience and share it. I think there's a lot to share from the process of getting into the draft and waiting in line, to being in the 2nd row and establishing this connection with Deion Sanders and guessing on some picks. Once in a lifetime experience that I'll probably not do again.

Glad to be part of the board! Exciting times ahead!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 212

Slappy967

Starter
Welcome to the board I am the guy who didn't make it to the draft but is incredibly jealous of you :)

PhxRam

I met a lot of Rams fans outside of Radio City as we waited in line for about 15 hours within a 24 hour period of time. I was fortunate enough to have a seat in Row 2. I was so close to the stage that I was the first to land a high five when G. Robinson came off the stage.

It was an incredible time. Eventually I will write my draft experience and share it. I think there's a lot to share from the process of getting into the draft and waiting in line, to being in the 2nd row and establishing this connection with Deion Sanders and guessing on some picks. Once in a lifetime experience that I'll probably not do again.

Glad to be part of the board! Exciting times ahead!

Glad to have you here. I am sure all of us would love to read your eventual write up of the experience.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Max was there too......

I'm hoping to see some pics from both of you guys.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Actually, I'm pretty sure max spoke of you. He stated he had found a new ROD member in the second row. Shook Robinsons hand.
Had to be you.

Welcome aboard. You'll like it here.

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys!
Dodgersf, is your friends name Joe?

Ramfreak

Some more pics that were sent to me from friends who were sporting me on the NFL Network. The camera man was aiming at us for the 1st hour.
I just flew home so within the next few days I'll start putting together the story of Wednesday and Thursday night. I also have some video to share of the streets outside of Radio City. Utter chaos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:

Ramfreak

Yep. Joe and I spoke a lot and coincidentally ran into each other after the 1st night ended.

I went to the Rams table before the draft started to talk to the guys about Greg Robinson being the #2 pick. 30 minutes before the draft started, his family had told me he got the call. The guys at the table said they needed to still wait until Houston picked. They let me try on the 1999 Super Bowl ring!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 200

Ramfreak

Phx, It got stuck on my finger and I had a hard time getting it off. The guys were cracking up. I finally slid it off and took a pick with the ring above the knuckle.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thanks guys!
Dodgersf, is your friends name Joe?

I don't know him personally. He's a rod member that was at the draft as well.
He took the time to write a few reports for the board.
It sounded like fun

. Other than a Cleveland fan that stole his 5 bucks!

Ramfreak

Hey guys! Why don't we put together a road trip for the Monday night game on October 13th vs the Niners? Georgia plays at Mizzu on Saturday. I see a tailgate party on Saturday. Find a sports bar on Sunday and the Rams game Monday night. I'm throwing this idea out there now for those who need to work on getting permission at home. ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. Joe and I spoke a lot and coincidentally ran into each other after the 1st night ended.

I went to the Rams table before the draft started to talk to the guys about Greg Robinson being the #2 pick. 30 minutes before the draft started, his family had told me he got the call. The guys at the table said they needed to still wait until Houston picked. They let me try on the 1999 Super Bowl ring!
Damn you! That's extremely cool. Way better than an autograph or anything. You have a picture of a Rams SB ring on your finger. NOW I'm jealous.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey guys! Why don't we put together a road trip for the Monday night game on October 13th vs the Niners? Georgia plays at Mizzu on Saturday. I see a tailgate party on Saturday. Find a sports bar on Sunday and the Rams game Monday night. I'm throwing this idea out there now for those who need to work on getting permission at home. ;)
There's an events thread on here. You should post it there so people can let you know.

Welcome aboard by the way.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

GTFO!!!! I've only had one change to put on a ring, Farr was walking into a game and I asked if I could and he said no.