I wanted Watkins...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
...but with Saffold leaving I gotta go with Robinson.

I hope they sign Verner or Byrd...get Robinson with the first pick (sure would be nice to drop a couple spots and get another pick)...and at 13 take one of the safeties or CBs depending on who we sign in FA.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm leaning towards Robinson as well. But if Clowney is at 2.. what do we do? You know it's going to be hard for Fisher to pass on that.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think this closes the door on watkins just yet. Our FO needs to approach the draft more concerned with their guy rather than need, especially considering we have 2 picks

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know Clowney is projected as the best player in the draft, but I don't think the grade between Robinson and Clowney is big enough to ignore the more pressing need.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think this closes the door on watkins just yet. Our FO needs to approach the draft more concerned with their guy rather than need, especially considering we have 2 picks

Maybe...but I think that both Watkins and Robinson (or Matthews if that is your tackle du jour) are elite prospects. In that regard, being so close I think they go closer to need.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe...but I think that both Watkins and Robinson (or Matthews if that is your tackle du jour) are elite prospects. In that regard, being so close I think they go closer to need.

I get where you're coming from but it all depends on how our FO ranks them. It may not necessarily be the same as we rank them or the mock drafts we see online rank them. If they think Clowney or Watkins are the best player by a margin or are sure fire impact players, having a second first rd pick allows us to still take one of them.

A55VA6

Legend
Am I the only one that kind of doesn't want Matthews..? I'd rather have Robinson, Watkins, Clowney, etc. well over Matthews.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I get where you're coming from but it all depends on how our FO ranks them. It may not necessarily be the same as we rank them or the mock drafts we see online rank them. If they think Clowney or Watkins are the best player by a margin or are sure fire impact players, having a second first rd pick allows us to still take one of them.

Yes, but what you are failing to realize is that obviously the front office sees things the way I do...:p haha

Alan

Legend
A55VA6 wondering if he's on an island:
Am I the only one that kind of doesn't want Matthews..? I'd rather have Robinson, Watkins, Clowney, etc. well over Matthews.
We had a discussion before about the merits of Robinson vs Matthews. I think it ran slightly in favor of Matthews. Lots of us chickens are afraid that Robinson will turn out to be another Jason Smith. :)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
We had a discussion before about the merits of Robinson vs Matthews. I think it ran slightly in favor of Matthews. Lots of us chickens are afraid that Robinson will turn out to be another Jason Smith. :)
There are so many difference between Smith and Robinson. The only things they have in common...both were touted as having a higher ceiling.